Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I can't get into MMB on either the website, it just hangs. (and the word "interstitial" appears page tab) This is on top of not being able to see all my bookings from the exec club homepage.

Anyone else have these woes?
Old May 13, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
i suspect, at least in the early days, the ICO will consider how significant the breach is before deciding how hard to come down on the offending company - is it that your preference for a window seat isn't recorded correctly (soft) or is it that they have the wrong date of birth and won't correct it (hard) !
I can't check if my address is correct, having not received a membership package that was sent out in April (apparently). I moved house and can't remember if I told BA. It's ridiculous that I can't check online. I don't really care whether it's soft or hard, I just want to be able to update my profile,
T8191 likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnite
Anyone else seen a problem with reward flight seat selection?

Last couple of reward bookings, I go into MMB to select seats and it shows me the seats I have apparently been allocated, but the confirm button is greyed out. I have to change both seats to somewhere else, confirm them, then go back and change them back to where they were.
Yes, same but thanks to your info. I have just selected seats following the steps you noted.😀
Old May 14, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Latest non-response.

Thanks for coming back to us about the problems you have experienced with our systems recently. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

I'm sorry you remain disappointed with our response. We do monitor all our passengers' comments and feedback and this is relayed to the relevant departments and teams to resolve. Unfortunately, we would not be able to arrange a call with our IT department to discuss this further using remote access to a PC to demonstrate the problem. I'm sorry.

When we find out something’s gone wrong we do everything we can to fix it. We're very grateful you've taken the time to let us know what happened, as it’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

Thanks again for getting in touch. We value your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly by using the blue link below if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards

Michael Tate
British Airways Customer Relations
Old May 14, 2018, 5:42 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
The main desktop site and the app are a nightmare at the moment . MMB, changes to personal details all fall down and it took an absolute age to check in via th3 app
T8191 likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Latest non-response.

Thanks for coming back to us about the problems you have experienced with our systems recently. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

I'm sorry you remain disappointed with our response. We do monitor all our passengers' comments and feedback and this is relayed to the relevant departments and teams to resolve. Unfortunately, we would not be able to arrange a call with our IT department to discuss this further using remote access to a PC to demonstrate the problem. I'm sorry.

When we find out something’s gone wrong we do everything we can to fix it. We're very grateful you've taken the time to let us know what happened, as it’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

Thanks again for getting in touch. We value your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly by using the blue link below if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards

Michael Tate
Sending a completely useless response such as this should lead to the sender seeking employment elsewhere. BA are paying some representative to write such unresponsive BS; doesn't he have a manager who supervises such nonsense. Far more harm is done to customer loyalty by shrugging off complaints in this way than would be the case if they simply ignored the pleas.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
The main desktop site and the app are a nightmare at the moment . MMB, changes to personal details all fall down and it took an absolute age to check in via th3 app
This rubbish wouldn't have been allowed to go live, after testing, in my day (not that I worked for BA's IT, although they did offer me a job). Surely they have basic test scripts that cover these functions? If so, they should be spotting these errors and correcting them before implementing. If not, someone deserves to be fired.
T8191 and alpenlupe like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ttama
This rubbish wouldn't have been allowed to go live, .... If not, someone deserves to be fired.
Absolutely. It beggars belief that (a) these bugs went live, (b) they've not been fixed & (c) staff have obviously been told to fob off customer's complaints with bs. It indicates problems going to the very top of the organisation. Someone near the top of the chain should be fired. On a totally separate subject Cruz made some public comments in the wake of the system outage last year that indicated he was completely clueless re modern IT systems.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:55 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
We are no longer receiving the membership cards following Tier changes. We suspect our Personal Details pages have been corrupted. However, there is no method we can find that allows us to view these pages. The system states the pages are not available. Awaiting BA response.
ttama likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Today I have received a few emails to remind me of upcoming flights. It’s the standard template but some information is missing in the body and it’s for flights that span from May to September.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Latest non-response.

Best regards

Aren't there flyer-talk rules about not stating employees' names?

rb211.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:14 pm

OMG! I don't know how to show my prior posts in quotes or Michael Tate's quotes. I was just on the phone with ba "customer service" for the 3rd time in two weeks. We leave tomorrow, less then 24 hours from now and I could not access the reservation despite receiving an email from ba online telling me I could check in. I should mention these are award tickets with aa miles. I had the ba pnr # and had been able to select seats many months ago when I booked the tickets. I got the same "BS" michael was quoting. I asked to speak to a supervisor. After a long wait one came on line. It was clearly an Indian call center. Both the rep and the supervisor were very hard to understand. Bottom line I got the same answer we will fix it. Then, within about 15 minutes, I get an email from aa that I can check in online. 'worked like a charm and printed boarding p-asses.

It amazes me that ba service can be worse than aas.

Go figure.

YMMV
Old May 15, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
I complained on Twitter about not being able to get to the Update my Personal Information page and got a slightly better response than most lately:

"Hi Richard, thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you’re experiencing trying to view/update your personal details. I'm afraid I haven't been able to fix this for you at the moment, and I've reported the problem to our systems team who have started working on a solution to correct this. Whilst our systems team investigate this, you're welcome to keep trying in the meantime. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your patience. ^Sarah EC"
Old May 15, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by districtRich
I complained on Twitter about not being able to get to the Update my Personal Information page and got a slightly better response than most lately:

"Hi Richard, thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you’re experiencing trying to view/update your personal details. I'm afraid I haven't been able to fix this for you at the moment, and I've reported the problem to our systems team who have started working on a solution to correct this. Whilst our systems team investigate this, you're welcome to keep trying in the meantime. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your patience. ^Sarah EC"
Thanks for the update. I got a similar response on Twitter, and confirmation that BA have the correct address for me (after I DM'd the address to them).
Old May 15, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC

My message

Their response
I wrote to them on Twitter too:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.