Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
Having spent 10 days attempting to update my address details online I decided to call them today. The agent said she didn't have authorisation to update personal details, I had to do it online. I pointed out I was calling because I couldn't update my details online due to a bug, what was I to do? She then said she was aware of the bug & it would be fixed within 24 hours. Something not right with this organisation.
It’s tempting to report BA to the ICO. Holding out-of-date Personal Data and refusing to allow people to update it for long periods will bring big fines, especially later this month when GDPR starts.
alpenlupe likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
This is the response from BAEC CS on the changing personal details saga:

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you’re experiencing trying to update your address details on your Executive Club account.

It should be fast and easy to do this online, so I’m very sorry it’s not worked like this for you.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to fix this for you at the moment, and I've reported the problem to our systems team who have started working on a solution to correct this.

I'll contact you again as soon as we have an update from them, but you're welcome to keep trying in the meantime.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your patience. If we can help with anything else please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This is what I had on the "manage bookings" page not found

Thanks for your email. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.I'm sorry to read that you have been experiencing problems with our website over the last three weeks, when trying to view your bookings and query missing Avios. I've spoken with our Web Support team and although we've not had any outages or errors. However I appreciate that sometimes our systems may run slower than normal due to the increased customer volume.For any issues you have please use the link below my name and I'll speak with our Executive Club to credit any missing Avios or Tier Points.Thanks again for getting in touch with us, as your feedback is essential to help us improve our service. We value your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly, using the blue link below, if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards

Michael Tate
British Airways Customer Relations
Old May 3, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by lcylocal
This is the response from BAEC CS on the changing personal details saga:

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you’re experiencing trying to update your address details on your Executive Club account.

It should be fast and easy to do this online, so I’m very sorry it’s not worked like this for you.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to fix this for you at the moment, and I've reported the problem to our systems team who have started working on a solution to correct this.

I'll contact you again as soon as we have an update from them, but you're welcome to keep trying in the meantime.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your patience. If we can help with anything else please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
How did you contact them?
Old May 4, 2018, 7:55 am

Does anyone know the significance (if any) of booking information turning red on BA website?
Old May 4, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
Does anyone know the significance (if any) of booking information turning red on BA website?
Minor schedule change can do it...as can actually cancelled flights. Open the booking, and any affected flight will be red also. I'm sure there are other reasons, these are just my experiences.

In one case, a 10 minute change triggered this (and allowed me to call and make +/- 2 day change).

In that case, and with cancelled flights, the bookings stayed red even after I made changes to the affected flights.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:38 am

thanks.. I thought it might be something like that. it does indeed appear to be a change of flight time.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Recent issues with BA.com (aka BA.faulty) for booking a Eurotraveller ticket as a Canada-based customer:

Paid £5 to hold a price booking
  • When I tried to pay the reservation and confirm the booking, I get the error message Error Obtaining Price Quote
  • I try to make a new separate paid booking, but the BA.faulty says that it is unable to process my Canadian American Express credit card, to try a different card. Note that I was able to use the same card to pay 5 GBP for the first booking and used it too for paying surcharges and taxes for award bookings on BA.faulty
  • I try paying through Paypal, but AMEX is disabled apparently for BA.faulty payments using Paypal
  • I end up paying with MasterCard through Paypal
Now do I lose my 5 GBP for holding a price ? I was unable to use it due to the "Error Obtaining Price Quote" error when I tried to complete booking.

This just goes to confirm my personal experience about IAG and European airline websites being more bug-ridden, less reliable than North America based ones
bisonrav likes this.

Last edited by MasterGeek; May 5, 2018 at 9:36 am
Old May 5, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Nothing new to report from me but have seen it first hand myself now.

UuA from Y-J on a mid-haul operated route. After the upgrade went through, MMB now shows TPS and Avios I should earn at the J class rate. Would be nice if it happened....
MMB now shows my baggage allowance for J as 1 bag at 23kg......

Have errors like this not been going on for a bit too long now?

S
Old May 5, 2018, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Zebradome
I happen to know that my "your profile" was 100% complete, but after a fruitless call to a useless agent on the BA silver helpline about my missing 2000 avios Christmas bonus, I logged in and noted that it was only 90% complete. It had forgotten my phone number, so I sorted it back up to 100%.

I had to call last week about a flight change and spoke to BA holidays. The 90% thing happened again. Tried to sort it but after entering my date of birth I just get the "This page cannot be found" page.
Why do you try to reach 100% in profile completion ? It's just a trick to invoke the OCD part of your brain to make you volunteer more personal information to IAG / BA
adrianlondon likes this.

Last edited by MasterGeek; May 5, 2018 at 9:33 am
Old May 5, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I had the same problem with a held booking - if you call they'll sort the original booking out, and I should think you'll be able to persuade them to refund the £5.

Something has changed today - I get a different error page "something has gone wrong" on my bookings, and I was able to add an avios/TP claim.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
In exec club page, trying to see my bookings, you see the first three, press the button to see all the bookings and it fails.
Chrome browser, Windows 10.

It's been like it for a while. Can see bookings fine on the android mobile app. I have about 10 bookings up the spout so it's a bit of a pain that it doesn't work.

- i see this is a common problem that remains unfixed. Looks to me like a malformed URL.. -

Last edited by firstlight; May 5, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Old May 5, 2018, 1:53 pm

I am us based and have to awards to Europe, I can't access either reservation on manage my booking. I have called and spoken to reps on two different days. First flight leaves iad on 5/15. Any suggestions?
Old May 5, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Anyone else not have the flight search function on the left hand side when in your account? It has not been there for a while now, so I've had to go into a previous search to amend it (for Avios booking).
Old May 6, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Anyone else have an issue changing seats on the 747?

Have 60k on the upper deck selected on BA0113 operated by a 747 from JFK to LHR. It's not one of the prime seats, and 20K has opened up downstairs with direct aisle access. Showing as available to select. I click change seat, then click the open 20K and nothing happens.

Definitely not a browser issue and tried in Safari (Mac), Chrome (Mac) and IE (Windows).

My return leg is on a 777 and changing seats works fine. I assume it's some kind of glitch when toggling between the upper and lower deck view.

EDIT: No longer an issue. 63B has opened up and was able to select that fine so it's definitely an issue changing from upper to lower. Posting this anyway in case anyone else sees and can confirm the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.