Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:44 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Is there a glitch at the moment involving domestic AA availability with avios? I see days of sAAver on the LGA-MEM route (to my surprise!!) but every day on BA’s website shows no availbility. Have played with LGA vs NYC etc.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:24 pm
Mul

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
Is there a glitch at the moment involving domestic AA availability with avios? I see days of sAAver on the LGA-MEM route (to my surprise!!) but every day on BA’s website shows no availbility. Have played with LGA vs NYC etc.
I'm not able to find any AA award availability either , although in AA. com it shows the award is available..
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by markle
Experiencing a really annoying bug / glitch on trying to select flights on a route with a high frequency of services (e.g. LON > EDI, LON > DUB).

The current interface will only display the first 15 flights of the day, which means that it doesn't seem possible to book flights in the evening.

I've tried to 'limit' the number of flights returned by specifying one London airport, but the interface insists on returning all LCY, LGW, LHR flights, even if (for example), LCY is specified.

Any known workarounds?

I'm seeing this too when trying to book my regular LGW-EDI commute (I've checked in Expert Flyer that there is "I" availability on the flights I want).

1) The website ignores that I wanted to search for ex-LGW (not ex-LON), so it presents LGW, LHR and LCY flights all together. I'm only interested in ex-LGW flights.

2) It then limits the number of rows shown to 15 (for outbound) or 16 (for inbound) meaning I cant see any Fri EDI-LON flight beyond 1630hrs. Unfortunately for me I'm looking to book the BA2945 at 1925hrs.

So issue "1" compounds issue "2".

I've tried using the home page search dialogue box and the "Flights & Holidays Flights" page, neither show just ex-LGW flights and both hit a 'row limit'.

If it were earlier in the day I'd call the Gold Line but I really can't face trying to explain this to someone in India at this time of night.

In all, I'm not a great fan of the new 'enhanced' website :-(

Maybe they'll have fixed it tomorrow.....
markle likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm seeing no AA domestica availabilty as well. I just called and the rep said that they currently are unable to see AA award availability too. There's a problem with the communication between the two systems, and I wasn't even able to book it over the phone. She said to try to call back tomorrow and check, or possibly check online. She seemed to think that as soon as the issue is resolved it would show up online as well. But the fact that they can't even do it over the phone isn't good.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Both the App and BA.com seem to be experiencing technical difficulties. Can’t price up any flights atm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jim72
I'm seeing this too when trying to book my regular LGW-EDI commute (I've checked in Expert Flyer that there is "I" availability on the flights I want).

1) The website ignores that I wanted to search for ex-LGW (not ex-LON), so it presents LGW, LHR and LCY flights all together. I'm only interested in ex-LGW flights.

2) It then limits the number of rows shown to 15 (for outbound) or 16 (for inbound) meaning I cant see any Fri EDI-LON flight beyond 1630hrs. Unfortunately for me I'm looking to book the BA2945 at 1925hrs.

So issue "1" compounds issue "2".

I've tried using the home page search dialogue box and the "Flights & Holidays Flights" page, neither show just ex-LGW flights and both hit a 'row limit'.

If it were earlier in the day I'd call the Gold Line but I really can't face trying to explain this to someone in India at this time of night.

In all, I'm not a great fan of the new 'enhanced' website :-(

Maybe they'll have fixed it tomorrow.....
I'm having exactly the same issue trying to book to Dublin. BA.com (on Chrome or IE) and the app are not showing the later flights in the day.
I tried the multi-city option which reverts back to the old style interface, but this only seems to show the first 19 flights of the day which (for all LON airports and including Aer Lingus code shares) only goes up to mid-afternoon.

Let's see if they fix this, otherwise I'll call them.
markle likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:34 pm

Is anyone having the problem when you log in using your BAEC number and try to search for a pure Avios redemption, type in your origin and destination, but it would not allow you to select your desired class? In fact the dropdown list for your choice of class appears empty - there is no drop down list! Has been for me a couple of weeks now. As a result I am unable to search for Avios redemptions online, only for revenue fares.
Filthy Monkey and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:51 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Availability did come back on the route I needed and online as well. I guess it was a comms issue.

Originally Posted by roknroll
I'm seeing no AA domestica availabilty as well. I just called and the rep said that they currently are unable to see AA award availability too. There's a problem with the communication between the two systems, and I wasn't even able to book it over the phone. She said to try to call back tomorrow and check, or possibly check online. She seemed to think that as soon as the issue is resolved it would show up online as well. But the fact that they can't even do it over the phone isn't good.
envgeo likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
... try to search for a pure Avios redemption, type in your origin and destination, but it would not allow you to select your desired class? In fact the dropdown list for your choice of class appears empty - there is no drop down list!
Have you allowed the page to populate the field with the entire airport name after typing whatever you're typing in, rather than just leaving an airport code or abbreviation in the box? Sometimes you need to do that to trigger the activation of the cabin selection drop-down list, because that is route-dependent.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have you allowed the page to populate the field with the entire airport name after typing whatever you're typing in, rather than just leaving an airport code or abbreviation in the box? Sometimes you need to do that to trigger the activation of the cabin selection drop-down list, because that is route-dependent.
Yes I did. Once the full airport name appears, and sometimes there are a few choices that appear, I would select one. Yet the travel class does not appear in the drop down menu. And when I attempt to search without a travel class, the next page reverts with a message that the "website is having some technical issue and to try again later".
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I am unable to see my bookings. Whenever I click on "see all current bookings" I get this:
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by florens
I am unable to see my bookings. Whenever I click on "see all current bookings" I get this:
i got the same error message when trying to ADD a booking
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: UA - Silver and dropping...
can't figure out how to delete a post on here...

Last edited by HeIsAudiHereUnlessHesFlying; Apr 10, 2018 at 9:54 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
MMB API bug with Green card - shows Canada as issuing country

My wife and I both encountered this bug - in the BA API under MMB we enter our Green card details but it seems to pick up the wrong issuing country (Canada) from somewhere so we can't check in saying we don't have permission to travel from US immigration. It can be sorted at check in but no seat selection and since you're not checked in there's a higher risk of being bumped if the flight is overbooked which happened to my wife recently.

There's no field to enter the issuing country in the API data so it must be picking it up from somewhere else. I've tried ringing BA Exec Club but nobody seems to know how to fix it for future bookings hence posting here in the hope it gets attention. It seems others have had the same problem over the years so it's been a problem for some time and still hasn't been fixed.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
MMB API bug - fields always blank when viewing/editing

I don't know if this is linked to the other bug with the Green card but the MMB API fields appear blank even if they have just been entered/saved and even though MMB shows a green tick that API has been completed. So to edit any field I have to re-enter all the data again.

I've tried clearing the stored API data in my Exec club profile but that made no difference and it's across several bookings. My wife has exactly the same problem so there must be a common root cause. We have changed our Exec Club country of residence between UK and USA so maybe that's a factor or else it's linked to the Green card bug I just posted? I have tried calling BA Exec Club but without any success :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.