Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
When I go from having searched for "book with money" in MMB in the left margin, to "book with money, upgrade with Avios" the field where I should be able to choose class of service is blank and the arrow does not bring up any choices. If it is my first search then it might work.
This applies to Chrome and Safari. Occasionally Firefox and Lion works, but it seems to be less and less often.
Clearing the cache does not impact this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
put a couple of flights on 72 hour hold yesterday. One (the complicated and critical one) worked fine. Second seemed to go through OK, but no booking number issued and an amount equal to the ticket cost (but less the credit card adder) is pending on my Amex. Very strange but not biggy.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:38 am

Does anyone know how to remove a cancelled flight from a PNR on ba.com or app?

I originally was supposed to be on a flight on 26 Dec, but that was cancelled by BA so I arranged to be rebooked on the same flight on 27 Dec. This was sorted months ago. But the cancelled 26 Dec flight still annoyingly appears in my itinerary and when I opened the BA app on Christmas Day, I had a shock because it just showed my flight as cancelled and “to contact BA for alternatives including statement of your rights”. At first I thought, oh no not again - but it turned out to be a false alarm because the alert referred to the original 26 Dec flight that had long been sorted out. If this cancelled segment was removed from my itinerary then the false alarm alert wouldn’t have prompted again closer to the date.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

I originally was supposed to be on a flight on 26 Dec, but that was cancelled by BA so I arranged to be rebooked on the same flight on 27 Dec. This was sorted months ago. But the cancelled 26 Dec flight still annoyingly appears in my itinerary and when I opened the BA app on Christmas Day, I had a shock because it just showed my flight as cancelled and “to contact BA for alternatives including statement of your rights”. At first I thought, oh no not again - but it turned out to be a false alarm because the alert referred to the original 26 Dec flight that had long been sorted out. If this cancelled segment was removed from my itinerary then the false alarm alert wouldn’t have prompted again closer to the date.
I had a similar situation this month and I find it annoying too...
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

It will annoyingly appear in your itinerary until the date of your original flight has passed. I've experienced this problem a few times.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by meinhoonna
Does anyone have issues with Household account? I am trying to use Avios for AA booking for parents and when I select I am not a passenger in the booking it does not allow to select names of passenger # 1 as it used to before.
Same here. I have a household account with another member and two additional friends. No matter what I try to book (BA/QF/etc), I am always the first passenger and cannot change.

(Switching payment card holder travelling to NO makes no difference)

Last edited by mlqsko; Dec 30, 2017 at 10:05 pm
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
When I go from having searched for "book with money" in MMB in the left margin, to "book with money, upgrade with Avios" the field where I should be able to choose class of service is blank and the arrow does not bring up any choices. If it is my first search then it might work.
This applies to Chrome and Safari. Occasionally Firefox and Lion works, but it seems to be less and less often.
Clearing the cache does not impact this.
I have been having the same problem booking with Avios using Safari (Mac). Clearing cookies did not fix it. But Firefox has worked for me.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Same here. I have a household account with another member and two additional friends. No matter what I try to book (BA/QF/etc), I am always the first passenger and cannot change.
Would booking while logged in as the member who is flying not work? Maybe a easier workaround than calling in, but I guess not an option if wanting to book for friends who aren’t in the household account.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Currently unable to see either forthcoming bookings or past bookings when logged into BAEC account. It was working earlier today. Initially it simply said I had no bookings, but there's now a big red message saying 'We are currently unable to display your bookings.' So I presume someone or something has spotted an issue and it will soon be fixed.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cziwkga
Currently unable to see either forthcoming bookings or past bookings when logged into BAEC account. It was working earlier today. Initially it simply said I had no bookings, but there's now a big red message saying 'We are currently unable to display your bookings.' So I presume someone or something has spotted an issue and it will soon be fixed.
I have exactly the same thing tonight. Couldn’t log in, had to change password and now can’t view any of my future bookings. I’m getting more and more fed up with BA’s website.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Varies
a) When trying to book a flight+hotel on ba.com using Chrome or Firefox (Windows 10), I get "page not found" when selecting a hotel from the list. It works OK using IE.

b) Using any browser, going via the "Special Offer" menu link from BA's home page, the initial hotel list doesn't show the area of the city that the hotel is located in, e.g. for all hotels it just says Barcelona, Barcelona City. I was able (using IE) to successfully select a hotel and my preferred flights. At this point a new hotel list was generated and the area was then shown for each hotel, e.g. Eixample, Barcelona City
However if you start the process by using the Last Minute Holiday Deals link from the home page instead of the Special Offers link, the initial hotel list does show area + city. It's not always accurate, so you still need check on a map before booking, but the field is at least filled in.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:49 am

The Low Price Finder currently shows LON-FLL for 845 GBP when selecting 2 nights. However, when I try to book it, the price jumps to >1700 GBP.
There are still seats with booking class R available and I was able to get at least for the outbound leg 2 business class flights (inbound with AA becomes economy intra-america).
Is this a glitch, intended behaviour or a user error?

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by StanStorby
The Low Price Finder currently shows LON-FLL for 845 GBP when selecting 2 nights. However, when I try to book it, the price jumps to >1700 GBP.
There are still seats with booking class R available and I was able to get at least for the outbound leg 2 business class flights (inbound with AA becomes economy intra-america).
Is this a glitch, intended behaviour or a user error?
Would be a bargain, but I can't find such a low fare on EF, so assume that the fare quote must be a ba.com bug?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BA & A3 - Silver and fading
Fare Booking Class

Tried my first booking with the new website today after concentrating on *A re-qualification over the past few months.

Where do you find the fare booking code bucket now when you book on BA.com? You used to be able to see it per flight, have they totally removed it?

Sorry if this has come up earlier but I went down thread to August when I made my last BA booking and could not find it.

Last edited by Baracus; Jan 3, 2018 at 3:57 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by ttama
a) When trying to book a flight+hotel on ba.com using Chrome or Firefox (Windows 10), I get "page not found" when selecting a hotel from the list. It works OK using IE.
Having the same issue trying to add car hire, been like it for a few days now. Don't have IE and don't really want to install it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.