Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by vibguy
Appaling. Exactly the same here. Lot's of IT problems and [...] I would not give them a job if they worked for free.
I'm not entirely sure this sort of post is going to encourage our resident ba.com IT folks to want to solve our/their problems...

For what it's worth, I can log in fine, from multiple browsers and computers, so it's obviously not universal!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
Originally Posted by DrBernardo
I'm not entirely sure this sort of post is going to encourage our resident ba.com IT folks to want to solve our/their problems...

For what it's worth, I can log in fine, from multiple browsers and computers, so it's obviously not universal!
Probably because you are logging into UK->English

For most of us we try to log in via US->English.

This does affect a portion of the URL (en_gb vs en_us), and after changing to UK-English it allows me to log in.

To change language, in the top right, hover over USA - English and click 'Change country/language' and choose United Kingdom -> English. It should allow you to log in after that. I was able to.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by gamzarme

This does affect a portion of the URL (en_gb vs en_us), and after changing to UK-English it allows me to log in.

To change language, in the top right, hover over USA - English and click 'Change country/language' and choose United Kingdom -> English. It should allow you to log in after that. I was able to.
Many thanks, this is a way to work around the problem and it works!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver, AF gold
Hi all - flew back from ZRH to LHR last night and I still can't see avios or tier points on BA.com. The flight is also missing from my previous bookings - but I'm sure I was on the flight :-).

I've done a search to no avail so apologies if this has been answered before, but how long should it take to update, and how long do I leave it before I call?

Thanks
Dougstar
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by Dougstar
Hi all - flew back from ZRH to LHR last night and I still can't see avios or tier points on BA.com. The flight is also missing from my previous bookings - but I'm sure I was on the flight :-).

I've done a search to no avail so apologies if this has been answered before, but how long should it take to update, and how long do I leave it before I call?

Thanks
Dougstar
It can take a couple of days before they post.
If it was on BA and more than 10 days or 2 weeks (not sure right now) you can do a missing avios request from your bAEC account.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver, AF gold
Thanks, AAtticus. It was on BA 717. I'll wait a while then. The confusion for me is that the flight is no longer in my previous bookings. Is this normal - i.e. it disappears until it posts as complete?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
Originally Posted by 000
ba.com is well and truly broken.

I am trying to update some of my personal information with zero success.

The "Manage My Account" menu doesn't work, it disappears before you can click on anything. If you click directly on "Manage My Account" and then on the next screen "Update My Personal Information", all of the personal information sections are blank and clicking on update does nothing other than scroll to the top of the screen.

Tested on Windows IE 11 and Firefox, Mac Firefox and Safari. Same issue on all.
Not that anyone contacted me, but I am pleased to report that the above issues are resolved (for me at least), when I tried just now.

It's wonderful to have a fully functional ba.com back again. Long may it continue!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gamzarme

Thanks for posting this. Can always count on FT for some tips ^

I've found the quickest workaround right now is to modify the URL to en_gb and then login, as you somewhat mentioned.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:20 am

I'm having huge problems booking reward flights using the system. I get an error as I get to the final hurdle (after submitting payment page). When I call up, the availability is completely different and a flight which says it has 7 seats available is not available.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: Avios
After weeks of problems i booked a avios ticket today, LHR to SIN on the A380. Not only did i get a reward flight i got it online. Looks like website is back on now.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I received an alert on my Apple Watch today that "Online check-in is now open" for my flight tomorrow. However, this was >24 hours before the flight and online check-in wasn't available.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Still no Avios Booking functionality over 6 months after raising issue

Indeed I can't even use the reward price calculator!!!

"Your price options
Hong Kong (HKG) to London (LHR) one-way

Something went wrong
Sorry, we're unable to show you prices for that route at the moment. You may be able to find prices and check availability when you search and book."

Originally Posted by Modo
After consideration and with reservations - but totally frustrated after nearly 6 months - I'm posting verbatim the latest of a string of apologies

"Hi Modo,

Well I can only apologise again, this has obviously been a complete disaster from beginning to end.
For what its worth I have chased up your incident with Exec Club, they are aware, and will get to the bottom of this very soon.
I will check back this week to see what progress has been made if I can , but that is as much as I can do."
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:58 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
I see they still haven't fixed that annoyance whereby once you log in and then navigate around a bit you lose the ability to view "My Upcoming Flights" - they just seem to disappear.

The only way is to then go into MMB, which of course asks for your booking reference...but you can no longer see that because you don't have access to "My Upcoming Flights"

Even logging out and back in again doesn't make Upcoming Flights reappear, there seems to be a timeout of about 15 minutes. Clearing cookies will do it and deleting browser history but this seems a very long winded exercise for EC members to have to do.

It is a bizarre glitch that seems to have been there for years
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:05 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BOH
I see they still haven't fixed that annoyance whereby once you log in and then navigate around a bit you lose the ability to view "My Upcoming Flights" - they just seem to disappear.

The only way is to then go into MMB, which of course asks for your booking reference...but you can no longer see that because you don't have access to "My Upcoming Flights"

Even logging out and back in again doesn't make Upcoming Flights reappear, there seems to be a timeout of about 15 minutes. Clearing cookies will do it and deleting browser history but this seems a very long winded exercise for EC members to have to do.

It is a bizarre glitch that seems to have been there for years
Hi BOH....grateful if you can PM us details of your membership number and we will take a look. Recent investigations into the Ba.com service that retrieved and displays future bookings uncovered no obvious fault so any live examples will help us pinpoint the cause of this recurring and understandably frustrating problem.
Anyone else affected by this same issue please also PM us. The more data we have the better. Thanks in advance.
Simon
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:22 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by golfmad
I received an alert on my Apple Watch today that "Online check-in is now open" for my flight tomorrow. However, this was >24 hours before the flight and online check-in wasn't available.
Were you overseas when it happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.