Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 12:50 pm
Company Representative

Hi all,
Our apologies for the recent problems with Ba.com performance and any inconvenience caused. Our priority is to restore Ba.com to normal 24/7 service.
Simon
Old May 3, 2016, 1:15 pm

Thanks Simon,

Last week I tried to book a JJ flight using my avios but it was imposible. It seems a known issue according with the post that I have read. Could you report this problem in order to fix it?

Thanks
Hus.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Husbanz
Thanks Simon,

Last week I tried to book a JJ flight using my avios but it was imposible. It seems a known issue according with the post that I have read. Could you report this problem in order to fix it?

Thanks
Hus.
What exactly was the issue? Was this the one where the reward engine only returns the first 8 or so flights on any given day so if this is a high frequency route you don't get listed flights in the evening even though there is reward availability?
Old May 3, 2016, 1:50 pm
Company Representative

Thanks Simon,

Thanks
Hus.
Hi Hus...will do but grateful if you can PM dates/route and response you're seeing in case it is not a universal problem/different to earlier post. We've had one other recent report on this forum and I will check if our support team have it logged already. If not, it will be.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Simon
Old May 3, 2016, 2:48 pm

Hi Simon,
The route is GRU-LIM JJ8066 on 20/11/16, everything looks well but in the final step after introducing the cc number and click OK, the system respond with "Error we are unable...." My cc is fine and my wife has the same problem if we try with her miles.

I think that this issue is not new, one year ago I tried to book a JJ flight using my avios and the result was the same error, so I think that something is not working properly in the system and it shoud be check it.

It could be an universal problem, I mean nobody can spend avios with JJ online??

Thanks,

Hus.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just browsing for a flight and got cracking error message:-

"Sorry we don't fly from Edinburgh to Houston. Continue to see prices for Edinburgh to Houston"
Old May 4, 2016, 3:20 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
What on earth is going on with ba.com??

Just tried to book my usual monthly LON-FRA-LON flights in economy, outbound on May 10th, return on May 11th and got this message:

Error

The class of travel that you have selected is not available on this route. Please select a different class of travel.

Seriously? There are NO economy seats at any time of the day between LHR/LCY and FRA over 2 days? Then when I try and select via the drop down box to go to business class, that no longer works. So only economy class exists between LON and FRA on those 2 days - but it is not available.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BOH
Then when I try and select via the drop down box to go to business class, that no longer works.
Try this: Type in LON. Wait for the drop-down list to appear, and then select the option that you want. Repeat for the destination. The Club or business class option may then appear; in addition, you may find that you can then see availability.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by BOH

Just tried to book my usual monthly LON-FRA-LON flights in economy, outbound on May 10th, return on May 11th and got this message:

Error

The class of travel that you have selected is not available on this route. Please select a different class of travel.

Seriously? There are NO economy seats at any time of the day between LHR/LCY and FRA over 2 days? Then when I try and select via the drop down box to go to business class, that no longer works. So only economy class exists between LON and FRA on those 2 days - but it is not available.
I have the same problem when trying to book a flight from AMS to LON on any date (tried 10 dates across six months), so this seems to be a bug. Hopefully, it will get fixed quickly.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Originally Posted by Globaliser
A request for a possible tidy-up on the main Gate 365 page, please?

Before you can get to the main Gate 365 page (https://www.shopping.ba.com), by definition you have to be logged in to BAEC.

On the Gate 365 pages, there is a red flash near the top on the left hand side that says "< Back to BA.com". The URL underlying that is https://www.ba.com/, which then redirects to https://www.ba.com/travel/home/public/en_gb.

One effect of going back to the public side of ba.com is that it is then once again pre-PIN. In effect, going to Gate 365 and then going back to ba.com using that link logs you out of BAEC. This seems untidy, given that you must be logged in before you can start using Gate 365.

Would it be better for the URL underlying the red flash to be https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb (which is where most will have come from to get to Gate 365) or https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb (ba.com post-PIN home page) or something similar?
Dear Globaliser,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this onto my colleagues in Loyalty.

Kind regards,
Janel
Janel (and the rest of the team),

Thank you for incorporating this into the revised Gate 365 pages.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:59 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Been trying to book a reward flight for an hour, and keep getting this no matter what city combination I put in:

It doesn't work for these cities (at least): BSL, GVA, ZRH, MXP, LIN, MUC, STR, FDH, INN, LHR, LON, LGW, LCY. I've tried flushing my cache, using a different device, etc.

This is making getting to the EDI Do that much more difficult...
Old May 4, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Never mind

Last edited by SCSA; May 4, 2016 at 12:31 pm Reason: I think it must be due to non-availability, but the Avios search site is so buggy I can't tell
Old May 4, 2016, 12:41 pm
Company Representative

Hi Simon,
The route is GRU-LIM JJ8066 on 20/11/16, everything looks well but in the final step after introducing the cc number and click OK, the system respond with "Error we are unable...." My cc is fine and my wife has the same problem if we try with her miles.

I think that this issue is not new, one year ago I tried to book a JJ flight using my avios and the result was the same error, so I think that something is not working properly in the system and it shoud be check it.

It could be an universal problem, I mean nobody can spend avios with JJ online??

Thanks,

Hus.
Thanks Hus,
We will investigate.
Simon
Old May 4, 2016, 12:43 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by thegoderic
Just browsing for a flight and got cracking error message:-

"Sorry we don't fly from Edinburgh to Houston. Continue to see prices for Edinburgh to Houston"
Hi thegoderic,
Thanks for raising. We will take a look.
Simon
Old May 4, 2016, 12:49 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BOH

Error

Thanks BOH....agree that's confusing and misleading. Selecting the destination from the drop down menu drives the cabins offered but we will look to improve the usability to avoid the alarming response.
Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.