Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
The website is an utter piece of $$%@±!

Can't even make a simple return booking without it going 'sorry, our systems...' or 'Error Obtaining Price Quote' during various (but always different) phases of the same booking. Tried 20 times in 6 hrs now....

Useless. Might take Cityflyer instead. Managed to get to the payment page, then it crashed. Booked on the App instead, but can't manage my booking. Here are some highlights....
Attached Images   

Last edited by henkybaby; May 16, 2016 at 9:14 am
Old May 16, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi,

If you would like to PM the exact details of this issue to us we can then look into this for you.

regards

Gavin
I'm also having issues this morning with this. Got past the payment screen to tell me it is unavailable at this time. Trying to go back in at the stopovers page I get "Please provide the following information:

There was a problem with your request, please try again later."
Old May 16, 2016, 9:02 am

Reward booking today, you won't get very far before ba.com will tell you

Error
•There was a problem with your request, please try again later.

Error
•We're sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn't deal with your request. Please do try again - if it still doesn't work, it may be better to try again at another time.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:11 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by henkybaby
The website is an utter piece of $$%@±!

Can't even make a simple return booking without it going 'sorry, our systems...' or 'Error Obtaining Price Quote' during various (but always different) phases of the same booking. Tried 20 times in 6 hrs now....

Useless. Might take Cityflyer instead. Managed to get to the payment page, then it crashed. Booked on the App instead, but can't manage my booking. Here are some highlights....
Hi,
Unfortunately we experienced a few system problems yesterday afternoon which have now been rectified.
If you are still having problems then please PM me the details and I will investigate.

regards

Gavin
Old May 17, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Hi JFSV,

Are you able to send us a PM with the issues you're getting with resetting your password?

Thanks
Janel
Hi Janel

I sent you a PM with additional explanation and the information requested. Please could you look into this?

Thanks
Old May 17, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,
Unfortunately we experienced a few system problems yesterday afternoon which have now been rectified.
If you are still having problems then please PM me the details and I will investigate.

regards

Gavin
Barely a day goes by without a Ba.com Official apologising for system problems. How long will it take for you to acknowledge that ba.com has very serious and fundamental issues of stability and reliability?

BA seems not to understand that a functioning, reliable website is now as essential for an airline as it is for an internet retailer. When did anyone ever see Amazon's website tell a customer that the site was busy and that they should "try again at another time"?
Old May 18, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
API (Advance Passenger Information) issues

API (Advance Passenger Information).

Again it doesn't remember my API, even though it is stored within my BAEC account!! See below!

API stored within my BAEC Account Profile...

However... when in MMB and click on the below

This is what loads...

Why is this not 'pre-populated'... it remembers my name at the top left (blacked out) but the rest of the form is empty?

... when is this finally going to be fixed?

Many thanks.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jonnye
Why is this not 'pre-populated'... it remembers my name at the top left (blacked out) but the rest of the form is empty?
IME, this is routinely seen on some routes. ISTR from one of the many previous queries that there is some legal requirement on these routes that the information be completed afresh at the time of check-in before a boarding pass is issued, even if the API has previously been stored in the booking.

You do not have to complete the form again if you don't wish to. You will still be checked-in.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Incorrect Avios & Tier points posting, BA.com says my ticket number doesn't exist

Flew ARN->LHR last week, on a B fare, and only 445 Avios (should be 890) and 10 TP posted. Went on the website to report missing tier points and now it's telling me my E-Ticket number is invalid (it's what's showing on the BA app on my phone).

I'm silver BTW.

Please advise.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jfknight
Flew ARN->LHR last week, on a B fare, and only 445 Avios (should be 890) and 10 TP posted. Went on the website to report missing tier points and now it's telling me my E-Ticket number is invalid (it's what's showing on the BA app on my phone).

I'm silver BTW.
I'd suggest two ways of following this up. Either phone, or use this webform: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old May 19, 2016, 4:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It looks like BA.com is failing again:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb

The page you requested cannot be found.

Either the page is not available, or the address (URL) you have entered is incorrect.

This page will automatically redirect you to the BA.com homepage within 5 seconds.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jonnye
API (Advance Passenger Information).

Again it doesn't remember my API, even though it is stored within my BAEC account!! See below! ...
I get this quite a lot. I have several booking where the API has properly been harvested from my profile and others which state that I need to provide it, exactly as yours.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

yeap, home page is down.

Given BA encourages people to book online, one wonders how much income is lost for every hour the website is down. Some people will wait, some will use a 3rd party agent to book their BA flights (assuming that's working), but one assumes a certain proportion of people alternate non-BA arrangements when they can't get to BA.com
Old May 19, 2016, 4:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

Yes, same here. It's been like this for a short while. I've been trying to change (even more) flights, but unable to access ba.com at all.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It's come back to life (for now).

I was just trying to search for flights so followed the OW link and got it sorted but it's a pain!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.