Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 2:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I am brining the issue of 'incorrect gate number shown on Mobile BP' into this thread, while leaving the original thread intact, by posting the link to it as it can potentially stuff people up or delay the flight if they have to wait for those who are lost:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rinted-bp.html
Old May 12, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Is the ba.com down today
Unable to change seats and mobile app not finding server?
Old May 12, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Gold
Is the BA website down?

I have received this message when trying to access the website -

The requested URL was rejected.

Please contact our support team on
Telephone: (+44) 0344 493 0787 option 3
(calls charged at local rate within the UK)

Daily 06:00-20:00 UK time.

Please quote support ID 13240401226947637002

Earlier it refused a request for a seat change (a bug which I thought had been fixed months ago) but now is the website down completely?
Old May 12, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
The whole nav bar keeps disappearing on Chrome for me.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:32 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Is it absolutely necessary to start new threads about this on a daily basis?

There is a much larger thread about ba.com, and that is where this should be.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Is it absolutely necessary to start new threads about this on a daily basis?

There is a much larger thread about ba.com, and that is where this should be.
Ah, I did try and find such a thread but I'm clearly not very good at finding my way round the site - link appreciated please.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by IanAsiaTraveller
Ah, I did try and find such a thread but I'm clearly not very good at finding my way round the site - link appreciated please.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tter-free.html

The OP has a point though. I don't use the FT search because it's not very good (to put it mildly), but when I tried it with BA website down, it didn't find the thread.

Maybe down and problem need to be added to the thread title since not many users appear to use issues, bugs or glitches when searching.

Last edited by SteveF; May 12, 2016 at 10:04 am
Old May 12, 2016, 12:31 pm

Yes, I incorrectly started another thread on the BAEC section as I found exactly this problem. First I couldn't get it to accept a seat change and since mid-afternoon can't access the site at all. Huge load on the call centres, needless to say.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:31 pm

Thank you, Steve.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
interesting enough, I've been getting the very same message for the past few days when connecting from my office computer. Since if I connect from mobile or other wifi network everything looks ok, I assumed it was an issue with proxy/dns/etcetc with my company. But now I am not sure any more.
I'm based in Los Angeles
Old May 13, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IanAsiaTraveller
The requested URL was rejected.
Same here in Singapore. BA's Web site is blocking all inbound requests from this IP address or range of IP addresses, it appears.

I've already ruled out other potential causes: IPv6, something client-specific, etc. For example, coming in via a VPN works with nothing else changed. Southwest.com has the same problem albeit with an "Access Denied" return message instead. If BA.com and Southwest.com share the same hosting provider (or some aspect of such), that's a clue.

I've reported the problem to the ISP, but what can they do about it? Their pipe is obviously working (see above re: VPN). BA.com is returning a Web page, after all, just not a very welcoming one. And the whole Web is working. I also called that +44 number and tried to file a problem report or to speak with somebody who knows how Web pages work (and don't), but, naturally, nobody answering that phone number has any idea how to handle such calls. If you're going to display an error message and ask somebody to call it'd be nice if the people answering the phone know what to do.

Update: Yes, BA.com doesn't like at least on incoming IP address. I was able to change that IP address through a non-VPN method, and BA.com likes the new address. Southwest.com still doesn't, so these two Web sites are blocking different ranges. I kept a record of the blocked IP address if anybody from BA wants to contact me offline.

Last edited by sipples; May 13, 2016 at 2:01 am
Old May 13, 2016, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by BA via IanAsiaTraveller
Please contact our support team on
Telephone: (+44) 0344 493 0787 option 3
(calls charged at local rate within the UK)
Sad that BA apparently still haven't grasped the +44 convention - or does +44 0344 etc connect? - or realised that 'local' rates haven't existed for years.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
I am getting issues when trying to reset my password...This has been happening since yesterday I am afraid
Old May 13, 2016, 6:15 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by dorothyr
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone changing a flight (which the system absolutely refused to let me do online yesterday), and the man I was speaking with said that BA is facing a big update on the system, and it's a live update, so it's happening as they're working with the customers. "It is a problem we are facing," he said apologetically.

When I logged back in to my BAEC account, it wouldn't show any of my bookings; now it won't let me do OLCI and I got the same error message as paul4040.

- okay, it's now allowing me to check in.
Hi dorothyr,

Sorry to hear you've been having problems. Could you let us know whether you are able to see your bookings or access OLCI?

Thanks
Janel
Old May 13, 2016, 6:34 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
EGC / Bergerac isn't listed in Flight Status as an airport. Or rather BERGERAC is listed, it switches to EGC and then doesn't pick up the flight. Work around: use flight number, that works. Some similar but different on the App too.
Hi corporate-wage-slave,

Thanks for raising this. I've been able to reproduce the issue and have raised a support incident.

Thanks,
Janel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.