Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
The site is completely down.

Notice on homepage:

Sorry

We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable.

The site was working with the exception of the Avios booking engine a few minutes ago, now it looks like a temporary outage.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:51 am

It's back up now, but the Avios booking facility is still kaput.

Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: BA silver.
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone changing a flight (which the system absolutely refused to let me do online yesterday), and the man I was speaking with said that BA is facing a big update on the system, and it's a live update, so it's happening as they're working with the customers. "It is a problem we are facing," he said apologetically.

When I logged back in to my BAEC account, it wouldn't show any of my bookings; now it won't let me do OLCI and I got the same error message as paul4040.

- okay, it's now allowing me to check in.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:03 am

Just to report I've been able to make my Avios booking and the site seems to be back to normal, well, for me at least.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Had similar problems with intermittent messages of "sorry, this section of the site is temporarily unavailable", particularly when logged in. Also got it as I was completing a booking, though received the e-ticket and it's showing in MMB, so obviously the important stuff had happened at the back.

Seems stable now, though I'm not trying to make a booking at the moment.
Old May 9, 2016, 12:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
EGC / Bergerac isn't listed in Flight Status as an airport. Or rather BERGERAC is listed, it switches to EGC and then doesn't pick up the flight. Work around: use flight number, that works. Some similar but different on the App too.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi Deltus....can I suggest you clear your cache and retry. If you still have a problem PM us the details of browser/version and search you attempted. No known issues with Holidayfinder at the moment. Thanks.
Simon
Ah, thanks - I think it must be something on my side. I had been trying in Chrome, and clearing the cache didn't help, but it does work fine using Chrome in incognito mode or using IE11. Perhaps deleting my cookies would help, but it's a pain to do that so I'll stick with incognito for now!
Old May 10, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Bookings seem to have randomly disappeared from my EC account again. They are accessible through MMB which is fine but the gremlins seem to be acting up again
Old May 10, 2016, 5:45 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Bookings seem to have randomly disappeared from my EC account again. They are accessible through MMB which is fine but the gremlins seem to be acting up again
Hi...can you PM us your membership number. Thanks.
Simon
Old May 10, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
[QUOTE=BA.com Official;26602642]Hi...can you PM us your membership number. Thanks.
Simon[/QUOTE
They're back now...
Old May 10, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
Hi. I have just tried to book the 2 F seats 28/2/17 JNB-LHR now showing as available when I look on BA.com. Rang in only to be advised there was 1 seat and that 2 were showing because I was on a Mac using Google Chrome (told same problem happens on Safari). Rather frustrating as I rang Tokyo to make sure I didn't 'lose' the seats (already have CW booked on a 2 for 1 but hoping to upgrade as it's for a 50th). Does the browser I use truly make a difference to the extent that incorrect data is shown if I use Google Chrome or Safari? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25086431-post151.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25645109-post602.html

All these seem to work now.

Just the TBS airport - need to enter the "TBS" airport code manually.

Thank you!
Old May 11, 2016, 9:18 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Only1BD
Hi. I have just tried to book the 2 F seats 28/2/17 JNB-LHR now showing as available when I look on BA.com. Rang in only to be advised there was 1 seat and that 2 were showing because I was on a Mac using Google Chrome (told same problem happens on Safari). Rather frustrating as I rang Tokyo to make sure I didn't 'lose' the seats (already have CW booked on a 2 for 1 but hoping to upgrade as it's for a 50th). Does the browser I use truly make a difference to the extent that incorrect data is shown if I use Google Chrome or Safari? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Hi Only1BD,
The short answer is no, the browser has no bearing on availability offered. Availability can change minute by minute which may account for the difference but without knowing the detail its difficult to comment further. However I will raise with our Contact Centre team to ensure they are clear on browsers supported on Ba.com.
Simon

Last edited by BA.com Official; May 13, 2016 at 6:55 am Reason: added missing close quote tag
Old May 11, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
Thanks for your response on that - it did seem very odd but the agent in Japan was adamant, albeit very polite about it, and hence completely unable to book the 2 first class seats I was seeing available.

On the plus side, fortunately I have rung the UK call centre today to find that the seats were indeed still available (very lucky for me given the challenges of Avios bookings to SA). Thanks for your help, and hopefully the Regions will issue more accurate information going forward.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, United, Iberia, US Airways
BA Agents frustrated with slooowww new system

[QUOTE=dorothyr;26597436]I just spent 45 minutes on the phone changing a flight (which the system absolutely refused to let me do online yesterday), and the man I was speaking with said that BA is facing a big update on the system, and it's a live update, so it's happening as they're working with the customers. "It is a problem we are facing," he said apologetically.

Flying from ORD to LHR and onward (still on BA) today. Agents at ORD had repeated difficulties to check me in and same for other passengers, saying screens were frozen or hanging. One agent was worried about one passenger's wait and kindly told him to get in the very long security line while she sorted out the problem. She brought his boarding card to him eventually.

On arrival in T5, my onward BA flight did not appear on the flight screens. after asking an agent for info, he said go on to T3 and you can find out the gate when you get there. Arriving at T3 I was down to 45 minutes before scheduled departure due to delays out of ORD, but there was still no sign of my flight on the screens. I went to BA customer service and was told my best bet was to take an overnight voucher as she thought based on the hour that the gate would be closed, but she wasn't able to get this information from her system, which didn't show the gate and didn't have up to date information on the flight (!). this BA agent also expressed frustration at the very slow screen and joked with her fellow agent about it. He told me this had been a problem since the new system was implemented 4 days ago. As it turns out, my onward flight was delayed by more than an hour. If the screens had shown my flight or if the system was functioning properly, I might have made my flight.

I hope the kinks get worked out before my return flights next week (assuming I get to my work destination tomorrow!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.