Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Looks like the glitch on the 773 seatmap has been fixed. Now able to see the full economy cabin.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:22 am
Company Representative

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce, as madfish has noticed above, that the seat map display issues on the 777 flights are now fixed and were pushed live on Wednesday.

—Ryan
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:27 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by tamalien
This morning when I logged in to BA website all my bookings have disappeared. They still show on app and I can still access MMB using the reference number. If I try to 're-add' them to my account on website it tells me the booking has already been added but cannot be shown at this time. I take it this bug irons itself out?
Thanks for reporting tamalien, please can you PM me your EC number to help us to replicate?

We're investigating this issue as a priority and we're aware it's affecting others too.

—Ryan
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:52 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by JPMND
Currently receiving the below message when trying to access the BA website. Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulties?

The page you requested cannot be found.

Either the page is not available, or the address (URL) you have entered is incorrect.
•If you got here by entering a page address in your browser, please verify that the
spelling and capitalization are correct and then try reloading the page.

This page will automatically redirect you to the BA.com homepage within 5 seconds.
Alternatively, click here.
Originally Posted by Ziz
I had that message most of yesterday but it seems to be resolved (for me anyway).
Hi JPMND and Ziz, thanks for reporting. I've checked and we haven't had any reported downtime, but as you both had similar issues at the same time, we'd like to investigate further.

Are you able to PM me the times you had the problem (as specific as you're able to remember) and also your EC numbers. We can then try and find the logs when it happened.

—Ryan
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There's some rather outdated lounge info on ba.com. I have an upcoming flight out of LYS and for some reason I clicked on the lounge button in MMB and it says the lounge is the Mont Blanc before security. But for more than two years that lounge has been closed and the new lounge for BA is airside. I think it is called Dhazari and you turn right after security.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by stimpy
There's some rather outdated lounge info on ba.com. I have an upcoming flight out of LYS and for some reason I clicked on the lounge button in MMB and it says the lounge is the Mont Blanc before security. But for more than two years that lounge has been closed and the new lounge for BA is airside. I think it is called Dhazari and you turn right after security.
You are correct (not sure about the name though). The lounge is also one of the worst lounges in the network.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by AAtticus
You are correct (not sure about the name though). The lounge is also one of the worst lounges in the network.
There's plenty of alcohol and better wine than most lounges. That sorts me out. I'm not sure what else you could want when there's never more than a dozen people in the lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold Member
Hi I'm having an issue that's been seen before although I was optimistic at the beginning. I'm trying to upgrade by LHR to BAH flight on the 21st of December with Avios and it's giving me the following error message.

Upgrade not possible, Already travelling in First Class.

At the moment I'm booked on WT+ so although I would love to be in First I imagine this is not the case. Can you help me upgrade with Avios to Club World?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Ba.com declines credit card, no reservation made, no record locator created, but credit card company shows charge is "pending?"

Credit card company says vendor needs to call them and remove the charge if no ticket was issued...yea, like that's going to happen.

BA wouldn't even have a record of the search except somewhere deep in data management...how do you prove the absence of a ticket without a ticket number or record locator?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nologic
Ba.com declines credit card, no reservation made, no record locator created, but credit card company shows charge is "pending?"

Credit card company says vendor needs to call them and remove the charge if no ticket was issued...yea, like that's going to happen.

BA wouldn't even have a record of the search except somewhere deep in data management...how do you prove the absence of a ticket without a ticket number or record locator?
It is not so much a "pending" payment as a hold. The hold will usually be released after three days at most. How long ago was this?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:16 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by stimpy
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I will look into it and arrange for any changes to be made.

Simon
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:14 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by tamalien
This morning when I logged in to BA website all my bookings have disappeared. They still show on app and I can still access MMB using the reference number. If I try to 're-add' them to my account on website it tells me the booking has already been added but cannot be shown at this time. I take it this bug irons itself out?
Hi everyone,
We are investigating why this issue keeps re-occurring periodically. In order to help us narrow the search we'd be grateful if you can PM us if you have recently had, or are having, a similar problem.

We would need....
Your name/membership number
Time/date you logged on (rough time will do)
Device you were using (tablet, mobile etc)

Many thanks.

Simon
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Checking Avios redemption LHR-GLA today, was offered a stopover in Salzburg which seemed a bit random.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: British Airways Gold Member
Hi BA,

Still having the same issue trying to upgrade on desktop and mobile, using chrome latest browser on desktop and safari latest on iOs.

I'm trying to upgrade by LHR to BAH flight on the 21st of December with Avios and it's giving me the following error message.

"Upgrade not possible, Already travelling in First Class."

At the moment I'm booked on WT+ so although I would love to be in First I imagine this is not the case. Can you help me upgrade with Avios to Club World?

Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:00 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by rembrandtuk
Checking Avios redemption LHR-GLA today, was offered a stopover in Salzburg which seemed a bit random.
Hi, I've raised an incident with the support team. Thanks for posting.

Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.