Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 1:04 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Hi,

Tried to post this on the Glitches Forum but couldnt see anywhere to start a New Thread so apologies for posting here.

Anyway, tried again to book EDI-CDG out 01st July back 03rd and i get hte message "The class of travel that you have selected is not available on this route. Please select a different class of travel."

Note: Economy was selected.
I then tried to book using the Multi-City functionality but again no luck.

I tried with different european cities and no problem!!

Any ideas please?

Thanks.
ML
Hi ML.....Both Vueling and BA now offered on EDI to PAR. We will do the same for other routes to provide connections on BA as well as Vueling.
Our mistake. Thanks for highlighting.
Simon
Old May 6, 2016, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Been getting an error message all day when trying to price up a redemption booking.
This has been the case for the past 5 hours at least.

"Sorry

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
"
Old May 6, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Same here
Old May 6, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Is the BA Holiday Finder permanently broken? I always get this message:

"Sorry, there is a problem with our systems and we cannot show you our top selling holidays at the moment. Please try again later or check prices and availability for other destinations."

It's said this every time I've checked for about a month...
Old May 6, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clubman
Been getting an error message all day when trying to price up a redemption booking.
This has been the case for the past 5 hours at least.

"Sorry

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
"
Same here. Also tried to get through to the Gold Line, tried all the options but it just restarts the menu options
Old May 6, 2016, 9:22 am

Currently seeing this trying to get to my booking via MMB (britishairways.com) page:

"Log in to your booking

Error
Sorry, due to a system error, we are unable to display your booking. Please try again. If the problem persists contact your local British Airways office or Travel Agent."

Find my Booking from home page does the same thing. So does BA app (Android.)

rb211.
Old May 6, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Me too.

On a related matter does anyone know if it's possible to change a setting such that I don't get logged out of my Exec account on BA.com after 5 mins? I'm using Chrome on a Mac. Thanks
Old May 6, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
The avios booking page is working again.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by RB211
Currently seeing this trying to get to my booking via MMB (britishairways.com) page:

"Log in to your booking

Error
Sorry, due to a system error, we are unable to display your booking. Please try again. If the problem persists contact your local British Airways office or Travel Agent."

Find my Booking from home page does the same thing. So does BA app (Android.)

rb211.
Working now.

rb211.
Old May 6, 2016, 11:28 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Deltus
Is the BA Holiday Finder permanently broken? I always get this message:

"Sorry, there is a problem with our systems and we cannot show you our top selling holidays at the moment. Please try again later or check prices and availability for other destinations."

It's said this every time I've checked for about a month...
Hi Deltus....can I suggest you clear your cache and retry. If you still have a problem PM us the details of browser/version and search you attempted. No known issues with Holidayfinder at the moment. Thanks.
Simon
Old May 6, 2016, 12:07 pm
Company Representative

Hi everyone,
Our apologies for the problem affecting redemptions today. It is fixed now.
We are addressing the causes of recent site outages to ensure Ba.com returns to normal service levels.
Thanks for your patience.
Simon
Old May 6, 2016, 12:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Just wondering if there is any plan to offer part-pay with Avios on multi-city bookings that involve different departure point and destination? (E.g. XXX-LON-YYY)

How that sort of itinerary seems to price up seems to be a combination of two one-ways as the change fees for one way is in EUR and the other is in GBP. I'm wondering if that is the cause of stopping the part-pay with Avios option from being offered?
Old May 6, 2016, 12:36 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Just wondering if there is any plan to offer part-pay with Avios on multi-city bookings that involve different departure point and destination? (E.g. XXX-LON-YYY)

How that sort of itinerary seems to price up seems to be a combination of two one-ways as the change fees for one way is in EUR and the other is in GBP. I'm wondering if that is the cause of stopping the part-pay with Avios option from being offered?
Hi LTN Phobia....no current plans but I will pass the idea on to my colleagues in the Global Revenue team.
As you can appreciate our development wishlist is long and sadly we can't do everything but thanks for the suggestion.
Simon
Old May 7, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MM Senator, FB Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
don't think it is a big deal but would be nice this can be fixed.

The system doesn't seem to populate the second airport in a less known city. Obviously there is no problem for london and tokyo etc. But it becomes a problem for less known cities/airports, for example, Taipei and Seoul.

Avios Calculator/Reward Availability/Book flights with Avios all have same problem. For example, i was trying to book a reward flight from Seoul to Tokyo (HND) with Japan Airline. When you type Seoul, only ICN is populated and no other choice is given. If you accept ICN and type in HND, you will find no flight. Japan airline actually flies from GMP (a less known airport in Seoul) to HND. If someone is familar with this route, he can type GMP directly and put HND as destination to book the reward ticket without any problem.

I think the system in the background recognises this airport (thus routes from/to this airport) but maybe there is missing link somewhere so BA.com only assumes there is one airport in Seoul. In addition, BA.com doesn't chagne to the other airport in the same city automatically.

Same goes for Taipei. Japan airline flies from less known airport (TSA) to HND and TSA is not a choice on BA.com. However the difference is if you type TPE (the only choice BA.com gives if taipei is typed), the website shows no flight from this city but it displays flights from TSA to HND automatically. Not sure why this cannot be done for GMP related routes.

Last edited by littletiger; May 7, 2016 at 7:20 pm
Old May 8, 2016, 10:40 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by littletiger
don't think it is a big deal but would be nice this can be fixed.

The system doesn't seem to populate the second airport in a less known city. Obviously there is no problem for london and tokyo etc. But it becomes a problem for less known cities/airports, for example, Taipei and Seoul.

Avios Calculator/Reward Availability/Book flights with Avios all have same problem. For example, i was trying to book a reward flight from Seoul to Tokyo (HND) with Japan Airline. When you type Seoul, only ICN is populated and no other choice is given. If you accept ICN and type in HND, you will find no flight. Japan airline actually flies from GMP (a less known airport in Seoul) to HND. If someone is familar with this route, he can type GMP directly and put HND as destination to book the reward ticket without any problem.

I think the system in the background recognises this airport (thus routes from/to this airport) but maybe there is missing link somewhere so BA.com only assumes there is one airport in Seoul. In addition, BA.com doesn't chagne to the other airport in the same city automatically.

Same goes for Taipei. Japan airline flies from less known airport (TSA) to HND and TSA is not a choice on BA.com. However the difference is if you type TPE (the only choice BA.com gives if taipei is typed), the website shows no flight from this city but it displays flights from TSA to HND automatically. Not sure why this cannot be done for GMP related routes.
Hi littletiger....thanks for the feedback. I will look into how we can improve the redemption search function to enable alternative airports to be offered.
Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.