Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG
Change of address

With the upcoming merger of Avios and BAEC I'm trying to move my household Avios a/c into my BA a/c.

Unfortunately my other half has a different address registered on BA.com (old US address) but website won't let her change it. When she clicks update (or view) personal information) it asks her date of birth then says "page not found" and reloads homepage.

Tried on various browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari) to no avail. Then tried calling BA who said I had to email [email protected] with proof of address. Have sent that email along with proof of address (2 weeks ago)... no response... tried raising a complaint on BA.com.... no response (waiting 1 week).

anyone have any ideas?
Old May 8, 2018, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by firstlight
In exec club page, trying to see my bookings, you see the first three, press the button to see all the bookings and it fails.
Chrome browser, Windows 10.
It's been like it for a while. Can see bookings fine on the android mobile app. I have about 10 bookings up the spout so it's a bit of a pain that it doesn't work.
- i see this is a common problem that remains unfixed. Looks to me like a malformed URL.. -
Glad I checked this thread ... yes, I've been trying to see further bookings in MMB, with same failure mode (Mac/Safari).

Furthermore, I can't even get MMB to load any the first 3 bookings listed.

I thought it might have been weekend maintenance, but now I'm not so sure. Fortunately the App (on iPad) is functioning, but of course that doesn't have full capabilities such as meal orders.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
I thought it might have been weekend maintenance, but now I'm not so sure. Fortunately the App (on iPad) is functioning, but of course that doesn't have full capabilities such as meal orders.
It does. If you click on MMB, it loads up the web view and you can do anything you can do on the desktop version.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it would, but on one booking I'm getting [twice) ...

"Could not load page
A server with the specified hostname could not be found"

It goes to MMB, and then just 'pinwheels' endlessly. I suspect it's because it's a codeshare on AA, but AA won't let me manage it either!

Other ones [on BA] seems to behave normally, after again twice putting up that error panel.

Very strange!
Old May 8, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Having trouble with the new website. Trying to find the availability for "buy with money and upgrade with Avios". Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not actually planning to book this on the site, but am hoping to find the info so I can use it to pick my flights and call for upgrade with Avios as I usually do.

Guidance appreciated
Old May 8, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Trying to find the availability for "buy with money and upgrade with Avios". Can anyone point me in the right direction?
From the home page, log in. Click on the strip that says "My account details". In the right-hand column, under "Useful links", click "Book flights with Avios". On the next page, click the "Book and upgrade" tab.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:46 pm

Two failing links in My Executive Club / Manage My Account

View All Bookings https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Update Personal Information https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Both resulting in 'The page you requested cannot be found' Infuriating.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Exec club
Cannot complete Avios + cash car rental bookings

Have been trying for a week to complete an BA Avios + cash car rental booking.

Each time I get to the end of the process and it tells me there is a problem with the payment, but it still sends a pending transaction to my credit card.

Have spoken to customer services who had the same issue trying tp make the booking for me, and could only advise I try again in a few days. I waited and it's still not working.

I know it's not just me because my spouse also tried and got the same issue.

Any others having this issue?
Old May 8, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Ha! Went away from the computer for a few hours and now I find the booking column on the left that I am used to seeing.

I will keep your directions for next time things vanish for me. Thank you @Globaliser!
Old May 9, 2018, 3:13 am

Have not been able to see my upcoming flights for weeks now. https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=106010 always results in a "Page not found". Ridiculous!

Is there any other way to get to my bookings, other than finding the booking codes in my emails?
Old May 9, 2018, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by just_starting
Have not been able to see my upcoming flights for weeks now. https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=106010 always results in a "Page not found". Ridiculous!

Is there any other way to get to my bookings, other than finding the booking codes in my emails?
Yes, scroll up to post #3042 .
Old May 9, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ringingup
Yes, scroll up to post #3042 .
Nice thought, but honestly it's not working. I've tried every which way to get into 'future bookings' and they all come up with the page shown below ...
Attached Images  
Old May 9, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ringingup
Yes, scroll up to post #3042.
It's probably more helpful to give this link: #3042.
Nice thought, but honestly it's not working. I've tried every which way to get into 'future bookings' and they all come up with the page shown below ...
May I suggest that you scroll up to post #3042?
Old May 9, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's probably more helpful to give this link: #3042.May I suggest that you scroll up to post #3042?
Which is exactly what I did. I thought I was clear enough.

BTW, the link is "View all current flight bookings"
Old May 9, 2018, 6:31 am

Which is exactly what I did. I thought I was clear enough.

BTW, the link is "View all current flight bookings"
We are talking about a different link, though.

You have to go into MMB for any given booking, and you get a "My other bookings" link.

Last edited by ringingup; May 9, 2018 at 6:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.