Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:59 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by T8191
Ahem, Folks.

Shouldn't we be posting here >>> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...es-ba-com.html

This is a Welcome Thread, surely? It would be nice if we could help the BA IT guys by keeping things in one place, where there's already a Wiki post to provide details..
Hi....agree it would be helpful if you could all post on the above thread. Many thanks.

Simon
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:09 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Calchas
Try a fifth-freedom QR option such as EZE-GRU
Thanks. Will log with support team.

Simon
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC, SPG, Hyatt Gold, Ultimate Rewards
Hi, not sure if this is happening to everyone (please direct me to other threads if suitable), but I have not been able to access the rewards flight finder AND calculator on BA.com for almost 2 weeks now, I get the following error messages every time:

"Sorry, the map to check flight prices and availability is not working at the moment."

"Important Message
•We’re sorry but we are unable to show you the reward flight calculator at this time. A new version of the calculator will be available in 2016.
•In the meantime, you can work out how much a reward flight will cost by searching for flights. "

It's rather frustrating.. since I can't plan my trips or utilise my vouchers... Hopefully BA.com reps here can help? Many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:20 pm

Maybe a smaller issue than others have but I am still getting an error when trying to select seats. A few other people have posted they have been having the same issue for months. I have used Safari, Chrome and Firefox and tried different laptops. When I called BA I was told that I needed to use IE, which I don't have.

Here is the error:
Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Some posts from the thread introducing "BA.com Official" have been merged into this thread, as it will help to keep the BA.com issues, bugs and glitches in one place.

If you believe your post was deleted despite being relevant to this thread (i.e. reporting ba.com technical issues, glitches or bugs), please let me know, as I may have accidentally deleted something (I had to move and remove a lot of posts to keep this thread 'clean' so that BA.com representatives can follow it more easily). If I have, please accept my apologies!

Important

We now have an official representative team from BA on BA.com-related issues, called ba.com Official (please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...flyertalk.html).

This thread is for technical issues you wish to report to ba.com team.

Please do not introduce any noise, chatter or clutter into this thread. It is very important for everyone that this thread remains clutter-free so that the issues can easily be seen by BA.com team and be dealt with. Thank you.

This thread is only for reporting technical issues and not for discussing them in a wider sense or for posting a wishlist of items. It would be most appreciated if you could keep this thread focused on what it is for - reporting technical issues including bugs and glitches on BA.com so that they can be addressed.

We (BA forum moderator team) really do not want to offend people but any clutter, chatter or noise will be removed without notice in order to keep this thread 'clean'.

Thank you.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum moderator

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jul 14, 2015 at 5:50 am
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:15 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by WML100
Hi, not sure if this is happening to everyone (please direct me to other threads if suitable), but I have not been able to access the rewards flight finder AND calculator on BA.com for almost 2 weeks now, I get the following error messages every time:

"Sorry, the map to check flight prices and availability is not working at the moment."

"Important Message
•We’re sorry but we are unable to show you the reward flight calculator at this time. A new version of the calculator will be available in 2016.
•In the meantime, you can work out how much a reward flight will cost by searching for flights. "

It's rather frustrating.. since I can't plan my trips or utilise my vouchers... Hopefully BA.com reps here can help? Many thanks in advance!
Hi....for legal reasons we have been forced to suspend use of the reward flight calculator/explorer functions in the US & Canada until we can disclose peak and off peak pricing. An updated version of these tools will be available in 2016 but until then please check availability to obtain the price. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Simon
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:56 am
Company Representative

AA Awards now available on ba.com

Hi all,
It is now possible to book AA awards on ba.com. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Simon
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
I have never ever requested a special meal.

My profile does not show a special meal request.

Repeated emails, letters , telephone calls and onboard messages via CSD etc have not resolved the situation.

I have written confirmation from Exec Club that the request has been removed but still I am presented with a special meal when I fly.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

What advice does anyone have?

" BA.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below, adding platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

* All my future bookings keep being changed to "Low Fat meal" ... the latest one happened today. See Post #179 #
212 ... iMac OS X 10.10.3, Safari 8.0.6.
(acknowledged by Simon via PM) "

I see that I am not alone.
Mine is also a LFM

Originally Posted by T8191
OK ... the first time I was faintly amused, the second time irritated, and now I am getting really annoyed.

All my future bookings keep being changed to "Low Fat meal" ... the latest one happened today.

Dear BA, I lost 25 lb last year on the 5:2 diet but I have never ever asked for a low fat meal on BA ... edible will suffice. Stop telling me I need to diet some more.

Dear IT People, can you stop the system telling me to diet some more, when I don't need to?
I have NOT requested a Low Fat meal, so please stop allocating me one.
I also request 25,000 Avios for the insult to my waistline, and the time I now have to waste in MMB correcting this insult!

BA appear to be targeting the frequent travellers to HNL.
I'm in exactly the same boat.

At checkin at LGW (4 JULY) I witnessed the agent removing the LFM request for the return VRN/LGW 6 days later (10 JULY).
LFM still presented !

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jul 14, 2015 at 9:22 am Reason: Post merge to keep them together
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Hi,

apologies beforehand if this does not pertain here. Regarding a BA booking on avios for tomorrow, which I redeemed for my father (BA flight, however operated by Iberia), we are having trouble checking him in.

The check in starts at BA website, which then transfers you to Iberia's website. Iberia's online check in site then asks you to complete passenger details such as passport, etc. Well, we complete all that but cannot go any further. Once you click on submit, you get an "Incorrect Field" error message, without pointing to which field is incorrect.

Any clues?

Otherwise I guess we will have to do check in at the airport.

many thanks
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG, Hyatt Gold, Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi....for legal reasons we have been forced to suspend use of the reward flight calculator/explorer functions in the US & Canada until we can disclose peak and off peak pricing. An updated version of these tools will be available in 2016 but until then please check availability to obtain the price. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Simon
Hi Simon, thank you for your reply. Think I found a way around this via the UK site.

I now can get the rewards calculator working somewhat
Question: I'm trying to look for Club reward seats to MLE or Cape Town, but everytime I click onto the rewards map, I get "Sorry, but your session has timed out due to a period of inactivity. Please refresh the page to continue." Even though I just logged in.. Does that just mean no rewards available for next 6 months, or some sort of website error?

Many thanks again!

Last edited by WML100; Jul 14, 2015 at 10:26 am
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I just saw an AA flight for the first time in a loooong time on BA.com. Hopefully that means the issues will be fixed soon or are?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:06 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
I have never ever requested a special meal.

My profile does not show a special meal request.

Repeated emails, letters , telephone calls and onboard messages via CSD etc have not resolved the situation.

I have written confirmation from Exec Club that the request has been removed but still I am presented with a special meal when I fly.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

What advice does anyone have?

" BA.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below, adding platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

* All my future bookings keep being changed to "Low Fat meal" ... the latest one happened today. See Post #179 #
212 ... iMac OS X 10.10.3, Safari 8.0.6.
(acknowledged by Simon via PM) "

I see that I am not alone.
Mine is also a LFM

BA appear to be targeting the frequent travellers to HNL.
I'm in exactly the same boat.

At checkin at LGW (4 JULY) I witnessed the agent removing the LFM request for the return VRN/LGW 6 days later (10 JULY).
LFM still presented !
Hi....we think we've isolated the problem and should have a fix in place next week. If anyone is having similar problems with seat preferences changing in their profile/bookings it's part of the same problem. That too should be fixed next week.
Simon
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:07 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I just saw an AA flight for the first time in a loooong time on BA.com. Hopefully that means the issues will be fixed soon or are?
Yes, fixed last night.

Simon
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:09 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by JFSV
Hi,

apologies beforehand if this does not pertain here. Regarding a BA booking on avios for tomorrow, which I redeemed for my father (BA flight, however operated by Iberia), we are having trouble checking him in.

The check in starts at BA website, which then transfers you to Iberia's website. Iberia's online check in site then asks you to complete passenger details such as passport, etc. Well, we complete all that but cannot go any further. Once you click on submit, you get an "Incorrect Field" error message, without pointing to which field is incorrect.

Any clues?

Otherwise I guess we will have to do check in at the airport.

many thanks
Hi....sounds like a problem on ib.com. I'll pass on to Iberia. Can you PM me the booking ref/flight details. Thanks.
Simon
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Maybe it has something to do with seasonal routes. I can't book AMS-KEF....

We are unable to find seats for your journey. The most common reasons for this are:
You may have requested a route that we do not operate at that time of year.
We may not fly to the destination you have chosen.
Your journey may require more than six flights; you can only book up to six flights on ba.com.
I can book them (AMS-LHR and LHR-KEF) separately though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.