Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:14 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
I did once purchase a revenue ticket for 1st July instead of 7th January.
That sentence gives us (and BA) the easy answer, of course: use the word strings "January", "February" etc. for the "month" field and the figure combinations 01 to 31 for "day".

Or would that be too easy? I'm probably missing something, as I often do when I come up with an "obvious" fix for BA (or the US) .
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Cancellation/Seats on BA*AA codeshare

One of the flights in our forthcoming booking was canceled, we were re-booked however when I log into my account the red banner is telling me that one of the flights was canceled. I assume this has not been fixed yet (is it going to be)?

The cancelled flight was a BA*AA codeshare. There were also 3 other BA-AA codeshare flights. All but the re-booked flights have seat assignments; I am taken to aa.com to select seats for the re-booked flight, however, the seats are not saved and MMB prompts me to 'reserve your seat now'. I go to aa.com again and sea that the seats that I selected have been saved as far as AA thinks but when I go back to ba.com MMB tells me that we have no seats assigned for that flight. I am surprised because the other BA*AA flights show the correct seat assignments. MMB refuses to acknowledge the seats only for the re-booked flight.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Andriyko
One of the flights in our forthcoming booking was canceled, we were re-booked however when I log into my account the red banner is telling me that one of the flights was canceled. I assume this has not been fixed yet (is it going to be)?
The red banner and the speicific flights stay listed until after the actual flight date. Unfortunately it doesn't go once you have dealt with the rebooking.

The cancelled flight was a BA*AA codeshare. There were also 3 other BA-AA codeshare flights. All but the re-booked flights have seat assignments; I am taken to aa.com to select seats for the re-booked flight, however, the seats are not saved and MMB prompts me to 'reserve your seat now'. I go to aa.com again and sea that the seats that I selected have been saved as far as AA thinks but when I go back to ba.com MMB tells me that we have no seats assigned for that flight. I am surprised because the other BA*AA flights show the correct seat assignments. MMB refuses to acknowledge the seats only for the re-booked flight.
If they are flights on AA/US metal as long as the seat assignments are showing correctly on aa.com you are good. Sometimes the correct AA/US seat assignments are reflected on MMB on ba.com and sometimes they aren't.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thank you KARFA!

Originally Posted by KARFA
The red banner and the speicific flights stay listed until after the actual flight date. Unfortunately it doesn't go once you have dealt with the rebooking.
The issue has been known for at least a year now? I am surprised they have not fixed it yet.

Originally Posted by KARFA
If they are flights on AA/US metal as long as the seat assignments are showing correctly on aa.com you are good. Sometimes the correct AA/US seat assignments are reflected on MMB on ba.com and sometimes they aren't.
I would not have been surprised if all of the AA operated flights in the same booking did not have seat assignments in MMB on ba.com but since it is only that one re-booked flight (well, it is actually the same flight but BA changed the flight number) it bugs me that I can't get MMB to acknowledge the seat assignment no matter how many times I am transferred to aa.com and change the seats. But, yes, the seats for the re-booked flight (all of AA operated flights in that booking, for that matter) are showing correctly on aa.com.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Thank you KARFA!

The issue has been known for at least a year now? I am surprised they have not fixed it yet.
They did, but it caused knock-on effects so they effectively reverted to where they were before ....

I would not have been surprised if all of the AA operated flights in the same booking did not have seat assignments in MMB on ba.com but since it is only that one re-booked flight (well, it is actually the same flight but BA changed the flight number) it bugs me that I can't get MMB to acknowledge the seat assignment no matter how many times I am transferred to aa.com and change the seats. But, yes, the seats for the re-booked flight (all of AA operated flights in that booking, for that matter) are showing correctly on aa.com.
This is annoying (I have the same on bookings which involve AA flights) but it is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things ....
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Most of them, I think ...
Unable to progress to Payment page

Mac OS X 10.10.4, Chrome Version 44.0.2403.89 (64-bit)

I'm trying to complete a booking, I get to the Payment button having filled in all the details required and ... nothing happens when I click it. Also, nothing happens when I click the Reserve seat button either.

This all works in Safari Version 8.0.7 (10600.7.12)

Clearing cache, restarting the browser and restarting the Mac has no effect.

Thanks, Tim
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There's a bug in the fare conditions text when buying a ZA domestic - specifically, I have noticed this when buying a JNB-CPT O class.

The ba.com page says the change fee is ZAR 300.

EF says that the change fee is ZAR 342.

The eagle-eyed or incorrigibly geeky would read on in EF to find that ZAR 342 includes VAT (at 14%), ie it's ZAR 300 + VAT.

So in one sense, the ba.com wording is not inaccurate. However, it is liable to mislead, and could usefully be fixed.

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:06 pm

Trying to change the date of an Off-Peak Avios flight in MMB. I hit the "Select a travel date" and get the calendar modal appear showing me the available days that I can change to. I choose a date, hit "Confirm date selection" and the calendar closes with the previous day shown as selected. Happens on Chrome/Firefox/Safari.

Because this is Off-Peak and I want to travel on Wednesday, I can't pick Thursday to get the previous day....so now I'm on hold (24 mins and counting) trying to change on the phone.

Speaking as a software developer I'm astounded that BA could allow a bug like this to ship.

Last edited by herbchris53; Jul 23, 2015 at 12:06 pm Reason: bug in my typing :/
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Meal selection woes.

Inability to pick my mains in CW on my booking, or the rest of the family on a separate booking ref. Don't know if it being an ex-dub booking makes any odds?

BA275 18th August

Error:
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I see the website now asks for validation to say you're not a robot when logging in.
Domo arigato!

Last edited by Quarky Quark; Jul 27, 2015 at 10:38 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by JoshBosh
Meal selection woes.

Inability to pick my mains in CW on my booking, or the rest of the family on a separate booking ref. Don't know if it being an ex-dub booking makes any odds?

BA275 18th August

Error:
malcliz and I have this problem upthread (and other people have reported it elsewhere), and the offending menu is always this, does yours also match this? If so, it would seem the problem is with this menu...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Aye, same menu as you linked.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Quarky Quark
I see the website now asks for validation to say you're not a robot when logging in.
Domo arigato!
The website always used to do this if you happened to do a lot of quotes over a short space of time from one computer.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:00 pm

Looks like there is a gotcha bug on BA.com which I have so far been unable to get around.
If you go into an Executive Club account which BA.com thinks you need to update the profile on due to say lack of contact phone numbers then it automatically brings up a dialog box asking you to update your profile but the update your profile radio button does nothing and you cannot get out of this popup dialog. Bug exists if using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and IOS Safari so I have not found a way around it.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
BA's website treats economy BA-coded flights on AA's contracted airline as Euro Traveller, whereas it should be Economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.