Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:04 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Raffles
You can start by

A) allowing Qatar redemptions to be booked online again instead of erroring out and

B) allowing Qantas redemptions, mainly those via Dubai, to be booked online instead of erroring out!

Hi...will look into this on Monday.

Simon
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:42 pm

zero BA availability from AUS?

I apologize and hope you will bear with me while I learn your lingo. I posted this question on Milepoint and have received no replies so thought to try it here. This is the first place I am reading of this BA AA 'glitch', is that what is causing my problem with zero BA availability from AUS?

I am trying to book a domestic short haul flight on BA out of AUS in last week of July or first two weeks of August to basically ANYWHERE interesting or scenic in the US and turning up absolutely nothing on BA. Mainly interested in AUS-MIA but have checked essentially every major US airport on the east or west coasts and in mountain states. Have broadened the search to check flying from IAH and DFW and still can't find much as far out as November in any class, even checking ExpertFlyer. Is this a BA issue, a devaluation of sorts (in the form of no seats available,) or am I doing something wrong? The only routes I have found with seats are domestic to LHR. Trying to book flights for 6 but have searched for 1 still finding very little. I have found a few flights with 6 seats on UA and AA but horrible itineraries like AUS-ORD-MIA arriving 12am (and flying with four kids that won't 'fly') and it doesn't add up to use that many miles/points for a domestic vacay, would really like to book at the BA award chart level. Any help or advice appreciated. I have read enough to expect little help from BA customer service via telephone and have in fact called a number of times and received a busy signal/dialtone when I press one to book with Avios.
Best,
Charlie

Last edited by CharlieM6; Jul 10, 2015 at 1:50 pm Reason: ad further info
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Ummm ....hello CharlieM6

This thread is about technical problems with ba.com, not internal flight availability in the USA.

Please remember that BA isn't a US internal carrier. You need to be on a Forum that does AA flights ... BA doesn't do AUS-MIA, my friend!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by CharlieM6
I apologize and hope you will bear with me while I learn your lingo. I posted this question on Milepoint and have received no replies so thought to try it here. This is the first place I am reading of this BA AA 'glitch', is that what is causing my problem with zero BA availability from AUS?

I am trying to book a domestic short haul flight on BA out of AUS in last week of July or first two weeks of August to basically ANYWHERE interesting or scenic in the US and turning up absolutely nothing on BA. Mainly interested in AUS-MIA but have checked essentially every major US airport on the east or west coasts and in mountain states. Have broadened the search to check flying from IAH and DFW and still can't find much as far out as November in any class, even checking ExpertFlyer. Is this a BA issue, a devaluation of sorts (in the form of no seats available,) or am I doing something wrong? The only routes I have found with seats are domestic to LHR. Trying to book flights for 6 but have searched for 1 still finding very little. I have found a few flights with 6 seats on UA and AA but horrible itineraries like AUS-ORD-MIA arriving 12am (and flying with four kids that won't 'fly') and it doesn't add up to use that many miles/points for a domestic vacay, would really like to book at the BA award chart level. Any help or advice appreciated. I have read enough to expect little help from BA customer service via telephone.
Best,
Charlie
Hi Charlie.

If it's AA, it won't show up on BA.com currently until they fix the issue. If the flight was US Air, you would find it. However, US Air only operates to Philadelphia, Charlotte, and Phoenix from Austin to my knowledge. To Miami you would need an AA flight.

For example, I found this AUS-CLT flight on US Air:

http://i.imgur.com/LzIuXzR.jpg

This isn't really the thread for this however.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Ummm ....hello CharlieM6

This thread is about technical problems with ba.com, not internal flight availability in the USA.

Please remember that BA isn't a US internal carrier. You need to be on a Forum that does AA flights ... BA doesn't do AUS-MIA, my friend!
It is my understanding that the lack of any availability from AUS to anywhere IS a technical problem with ba.com. One world flies AUS-MIA, yes via AA, but generally should be bookable via BA.com. Wiville, please let me know the appropriate forum for this question and I'll happily post there. My thought was to find customer service assistance on this thread.

Update: I just got through to customer service via telephone, and between the lack of availability from AUS, and the customer rep telling me that the seats between AUS-MIA for early Aug this year "have not been released yet but will be available. Call back monday." I feel like I am in an alternate universe.

Last edited by CharlieM6; Jul 12, 2015 at 8:46 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I apologize and hope you will bear with me while I learn your lingo. I posted this question on Milepoint and have received no replies so thought to try it here.
Hello and welcome to FlyerTalk and welcome to the BA forum CharlieM6. I hope you will find FlyerTalk, in every respect, a more useful resource than Milepoint.

This is the first place I am reading of this BA AA 'glitch', is that what is causing my problem with zero BA availability from AUS?
If you are talking of the present inability to book AA flights within the United States using your BA Avios, then yes that does seem to be a glitch on ba.com and therefore this (the BA Forum) is indeed the appropriate place in which to discuss it.

There has been a bit of disorganisation—by many posters, I think—about whether to post bugs from ba.com in this specific thread started by Ba.com Official or in the much older http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...es-ba-com.html. Some posters feel more strongly than others about this.

I am trying to book a domestic short haul flight on BA out of AUS in last week of July or first two weeks of August to basically ANYWHERE interesting or scenic in the US and turning up absolutely nothing on BA. Mainly interested in AUS-MIA but have checked essentially every major US airport on the east or west coasts and in mountain states. Have broadened the search to check flying from IAH and DFW and still can't find much as far out as November in any class, even checking ExpertFlyer. Is this a BA issue, a devaluation of sorts (in the form of no seats available,) or am I doing something wrong?
It seems to be a BA issue, and probably an unintentional one at that.

Update: I just got through to customer service via telephone, and between the lack of availability from AUS, and the customer rep telling me that the seats between AUS-MIA for early Aug this year "have not been released yet but will be available. Call back monday." I feel like I am in an alternate universe.
The unfortunate reply from the telephone agent is patently nonsense.

I am not sure if this bug is limited to ba.com or if it also affects the call centres.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:57 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Went onto MMB to pre-order my meal for a LHR-YYZ flight in August (I am within the 30 day window). Was able to go through to view the menu and select the main I wanted, but when I clicked Confirm Meal Selection, I got the following error message:

"Sorry, we are unable to confirm your seat request(s) at this time. Please try again later or check in at the earliest opportunity in order to choose the best available seat(s)."
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
BA.com Official - I would like to ask about the bug where bassinet seats become 'selectable' in MMB at T-72 but then the system will not let a passenger be placed in the seat (normally until OLCI opens). Is this intentional? Why do they show as selectable if they are not?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just so the relevants get to see this:

There seems to be a bug on seating in WT for 777-300 flights, with MMB showing only the front section of the cabin for seat selection. I don't personally have an example of this, but reported here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ing-seats.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...alf-cabin.html
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Blue / AAdvantage Platinum
Problem with Manage My Booking

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

There seems to be a bug on seating in WT for 777-300 flights, with MMB showing only the front section of the cabin for seat selection. I don't personally have an example of this, but reported here:

I can confirm that this is happening. Other ONEWORLD "Manage Booking" sections will show the entire cabin but British Airways only shows the first cabin. Once a seat it set to be somewhere behind the display is corrected.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DAC71
And when making a booking with cash and upgrading with avios from J to F, the most expensive J fare is not automaticallty selected!
Originally Posted by Calchas
Why would one want this...?

It would be helpful to have an "advanced option" to choose our fare class or at least the level of flexibility in the search.
Sorry I've just reread this and realised how badly worded my original comment was.

I meant the website should not automatically select the most expensive J fare when trying to book with cash and upgrade with Avios from J to F.

In fairness to me I knew what I meant even if no one else did
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:36 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Hi there,

This seems to be a known issue caused by a recent update to our backend system. From what we know, it's effecting flights to Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We are currently working on a fix.

I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks

Ahmed

Last edited by BA.com Official; Jul 13, 2015 at 9:28 am Reason: New information
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:43 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Ziz
Went onto MMB to pre-order my meal for a LHR-YYZ flight in August (I am within the 30 day window). Was able to go through to view the menu and select the main I wanted, but when I clicked Confirm Meal Selection, I got the following error message:

"Sorry, we are unable to confirm your seat request(s) at this time. Please try again later or check in at the earliest opportunity in order to choose the best available seat(s)."
Oops. Clearly something not right. Will pass to the pre-order meal project team.

Simon
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:51 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Raffles
You can start by

A) allowing Qatar redemptions to be booked online again instead of erroring out and

B) allowing Qantas redemptions, mainly those via Dubai, to be booked online instead of erroring out!

Hi Raffles...can you provide example routes/dates etc? We checked redemptions for Qatar and Qantas today and both seem to be working ok on ba.com. Thanks.

Simon
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi Raffles...can you provide example routes/dates etc? We checked redemptions for Qatar and Qantas today and both seem to be working ok on ba.com. Thanks.

Simon
Try a fifth-freedom QR option such as EZE-GRU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.