Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I wish it could look at my profile and when I click on book flights pick my country rather than the UK.
Why don't you change the website country selection? That's usually "sticky", and will at least pre-populate the country of departure with the country you've selected.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:59 pm

I am unable to access seat selection on my recent booking. Each time I try, I get an error message and am told to try again later. I have called and the BA rep on the phone can see the seat selection and stated that I need to use IE. I own a Mac which will not support IE. I have tried using Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I have tried a different Mac.

On my recent call I was told it would be fixed in 4 days. Within moments I received an email acknowledging the changes to my booking. I quickly checked and there were not any changes and I still cannot access the seat selection.

I was able to select seats while on the phone with an agent, but would still like to be able to access seat selection and see the current seat map as the trip nears.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
I'm having an interesting issue on BA.com this week.

Trying to book a Flight+Car combo into LCY, but when I enter the details it only shows flights into LHR!

There is then an option to change your flights to LCY, but if you go through this then it doesn't matter you still end up with flights into LHR

I used this feature into LCY just 2 months ago, so does anybody know if this is a bug or a deliberate change as to not offer hire cars out of LCY anymore?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Am trying to move my seats on a flight on Friday night. MMB will let me select the passengers and apply them to different seats but when i try to save my changes it just reverts back to the original seats. This happens on different systems and different browsers. It's not a major issue, just frustrating.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by tuff
Am trying to move my seats on a flight on Friday night. MMB will let me select the passengers and apply them to different seats but when i try to save my changes it just reverts back to the original seats. This happens on different systems and different browsers. It's not a major issue, just frustrating.
Same problem - new seats have opened up at the front of the cabin for a few bookings, I can select them, no error messages, but BA.COM doesn't save the change in either IE or Chrome.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Seat selection also impossible for me at the moment, through browser or App ... just grabbed a one way RFS in club but can't get a seat to stick
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:51 pm

Error

I am having a similar problem. For several days I have tried to change our seats and every time I get an error message. I phoned up and they couldn't do it either and said there was an error. Also LD isn't showing only UD and old first (PHX route). When I logged back on tonight I found that they had removed our original seat booking we had paid for so we had nothing reserved. Is it likely this will just resolve itself?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Need to submit a change of address, which prompts the following message:

Using different browsers hasn't helped, should I 'try again later' or just call the Gold line, can they process changes like this?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Need to submit a change of address, which prompts the following message:

Using different browsers hasn't helped, should I 'try again later' or just call the Gold line, can they process changes like this?
I think there are a few issues on BA.com today. I was able to access MMB ok and work on a couple of bookings, but also encountered a few odd quirks like the "my other bookings" link not working from within a booking. There is another thread today about issues with Avios bookings.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1690984-ba-com-currently-broken-checking-making-avios-bookings.html#post25039439
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Just managed just now to get back into MMB for API info.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Not all of my flights are being shown on My Executive Club page nor on My Upcoming Flights page. Since (about) Thu, the website appears to only show 2 trips on My Executive Club page and 4 trips on My Upcoming Flights page.

As soon as I add one of the missing bookings the web site says the booking has already been added to my account, and it then shows the correct set of flights on My Upcoming Flights page (although it still only shows 2 on My Executive Club page, when normally it would show 3).

The other on going problem is related to the red notice that appears on the My Executive Club page highlighting that specific flights have been changed or cancelled. As soon as you sort out the flights in question (confirm the change in itinerary is ok, or changed your route), the red notice isn't removed - it remains which is really annoying. When you log in, you don't know whether it's an error and the message shouldn't be displayed or there's been a further change that you need to sort out. It seems to have been like this for a very long time.

Anyway, I've had flight changes recently on some of the trips which have "disappeared". So I can see one benefit of some of my flights "disappearing" - at least I don't see the red notice every time I log in!

Small mercies...
Well I first reported this problem back in Apr 2014 I think, and I think BA IT has made a change, so all my flights are now visible again, and the red notices advising of all the changes to flights are also now appearing again. Shame that I have already sorted all of the flight changes out!

From one extreme to another!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Not sure this is actually a bug, but thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread. Have an ex-EU starting in DUB tomorrow which was booked on AA.com. It has BA flight number DUB-LHR and AA codeshare flight number on BA metal LHR-JFK.

There are actually 2 BA PNRs in the booking due to AA/US flights in the middle of the booking. However, I am unable to OLCI for DUB-LHR or LHR-JFK using either PNR. To add to this, although both these flights appear under both PNRs, I was only able to select seats for DUB-LHR on one of them and for LHR-JFK on the other (the one that shows the BA prime flight number rather than the AA codeshare).

I've tried on both BA app and desktop site, no dice, it says I can't OLCI. Is there anything I can do except wait until I get to DUB checkin tomorrow? I'm not massively bothered about that, my only concern is losing 64K on the TATL (which I was fortunate to get after being chucked out of 64A by the recent bassinet changes) due to some potential screw-up caused by the 2 PNRs (yes, a little paranoid...). My seat reservation only shows in one of th PNRs for each flight.

Also, can DUB checkin can at least issue the BPs for DUB-LHR-JFK? I can get the onward BPs from JFK later via AA/US sites. Oddly, this is my first ever ex-EU and first time I haven't been able to OLCI (could do so before on bookings made on AA.com), so all a bit unfamiliar territory.

Appreciate any thoughts, sorry for slightly wordy post as I read it back...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:57 am
Community Director Emerita

I have an upcoming trip with this itinerary: SAN-LHR-MRS RT. On looking at my itinerary, flying in C, the website gave me a message that I could prebook meals. Great! I do that on AA and like knowing in advance what I will have. However, every single one of the four flights then said that advance meal choice was not available, I needed to choose once on board. Why the conflict in online messages?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have an upcoming trip with this itinerary: SAN-LHR-MRS RT. On looking at my itinerary, flying in C, the website gave me a message that I could prebook meals. Great! I do that on AA and like knowing in advance what I will have. However, every single one of the four flights then said that advance meal choice was not available, I needed to choose once on board. Why the conflict in online messages?
You should be able to prebook your main course on your SAN flights. The options should be available for you to select during a period of between 30 days and 1 day before departure. Are you inside this window?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Prospero
You should be able to prebook your main course on your SAN flights. The options should be available for you to select during a period of between 30 days and 1 day before departure. Are you inside this window?
Yes, I am. And thank you for your help. This is the message that I get:

First:
"Choose your main meal from our menu now and start looking forward to enjoying it on board."

Second:
"You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight."

Update: I am now able to choose the food from LHR-SAN but no other flight.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 7, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.