Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:43 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Seems the award booking and search tool is broken- it keeps sending me back to book with stopovers page! Used the App on iPad, chrome and firexfox browser on Mac and windows PC!~
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Seems the award booking and search tool is broken- it keeps sending me back to book with stopovers page! Used the App on iPad, chrome and firexfox browser on Mac and windows PC!~

I'm being told

Error
•There was a problem with your request, please try again later.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
It's strange as Avios.com and aa.com are showing availability through to mid-July but not after that. BA.com just falls over...
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:57 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
So what is up with the wonderful ba.com website today?

Two problems:

1. Yesterday I did a POUG on my upcoming BUD flight and on completion of this (I got the confirmation e-mail to it went through) it will not let me select a seat in the CE cabin. It gets stuck in a classic IT "loop" whereby it says I must select a seat to continue...but won't actually let me do this

2. This morning, logging into my account to check in for my FRA flight tomorrow it informs me it can find no current bookings for me....but yesterday I had 6 and as gar as I am concerned I still do!!

Any guidance appreciated?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BOH
2. This morning, logging into my account to check in for my FRA flight tomorrow it informs me it can find no current bookings for me....but yesterday I had 6 and as gar as I am concerned I still do!!
This is a common problem. It gets asked about every week, as far as I can see! It's only a temporary glitch and the bookings will come back. In the meantime, they remain accessible in the conventional way.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just forced our booking to show in MMB, and have successfully OLCI and PYOBP for 4 pax on 2 sectors.

The BA system works, it's just the Customer Interface that's perpetually unreliable.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Just forced our booking to show in MMB ...
OMG, the trauma of having to type in your six-character booking reference, like all non-members of BAEC have to do. I feel for you.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
OMG, the trauma of having to type in your six-character booking reference, like all non-members of BAEC have to do. I feel for you.
I'm not sure whether that was humour or sarcasm. Sadly, I suspect the latter

I will simply reiterate the point that ba.com is notoriously dysfunctional. The fact that I can now remember the Booking Reference is an indication of how often I have had to re-input those letters and numbers, to enable me to check whether any other flights in the booking, or seating assignments, or aircraft type, have been changed without BA telling me, ... need I say more?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE

This is a forum for BAEC members.

Why have the facility on your website and then frustrate customers with crap functionality?

Your post attacks the people commenting and is out of order.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:33 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
having to type in your six-character booking reference, like all non-members of BAEC have to do.
Adding a member's BAEC number to a BA booking should be enough to link the two. From that point on, expecting all one's bookings to show under "my bookings" seems quite reasonable.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
Adding a member's BAEC number to a BA booking should be enough to link the two. From that point on, expecting all one's bookings to show under "my bookings" seems quite reasonable.
I think we can all agree on that. But sometimes the website goes wrong for a day or two for an individual member; I suspect that most of us have seen that from time to time. As an irritant, it's perhaps somewhere around the level of "The next Circle Line train will arrive in four minutes." It hardly seems to merit repeated whinges in multiple threads, complete with underlining.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, Globaliser, I was simply expressing my frustration.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:24 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I think we can all agree on that. But sometimes the website goes wrong for a day or two for an individual member;
In those circumstances ("goes wrong for a day or two") I'd also categorise the problem as a rather minor irritant. But for many of us (as indicated by the repeated "whinges" you refer to) it's hard to remember the last time things worked properly.

Right now I've only got six BA bookings. Four of them are showing. Two of those show in red, with warnings to complete advance passenger information that is already complete.

At least BA doesn't send me emails telling me to make sure I've got my vaccinations for Germany, as KLM did this morning.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Probably has been mentioned already, but I can't find it... (or rather; I'm too lazy)

On the 'Our Cheapest Business Class Flights' page almost every fare they quote (and repeat on the page after) turns out to be BS...

Example (and I realize it's too good to be true):

RTM-CPT return in J for €1488...

link to image (as it is too large)

Of course, if you actually try to book anything it goes to €3000+... And it is true for almost every advertised fare on the BA website. Highly annoying !
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:09 am

With regards to missing flights in MMB My Upcoming Flights, I currently have two bookings that are not showing. It might be coincedence that both these have had flight changes and cancellations or it might not.

However, it appears that if I enter any old booking reference in the "Add a Booking" section then the two missing bookings then, as if by magic, appear with all the others.

Hopefully this will save others a few minutes and the finding of references etc.

Edit: Just to clarify that when entering a booking reference, it doesn't have to be a real reference. Entering 111111 as the booking ref brings up the missing bookings.

Last edited by strichener; Jun 18, 2015 at 4:05 am Reason: Clarifying booking ref

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.