Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And what I understand from BA's IT people is that important problems with those things will sometimes get much higher priority than things like all one's bookings occasionally vanishing from MMB for a day or so.
I think you underestimate the problem. Bookings which have been affected with cancellations, flight changes or schedule changes disappear permanently from'My Bookings'. They reappear only when you add the booking manually but they disappear again permanently as soon as you leave the page. This is frustrating since you want to watch these bookings regularly for possible further changes. You also have to add these bookings manually for OLCI. As said above the BA app is of not much use, it will display all bookings with all the sectors (those cancelled, those changed and those replacing the cancelled flights) without indication of which flight is the actual confirmed one.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:42 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vibguy
This is frustrating since you want to watch these bookings regularly for possible further changes.
Until such time as BA can be bothered to fix things, and even if/when they do, Chris Schofield's "My Flights" apps can make life much easier by watching for changes and sending notifications when they occur:

http://www.myflightsapp.com/
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Logged into ba.com using BAEC details

Trying to access details of avios for Iberia flights and I get

Problem with your request

•There may be a problem with this page. Please try again.
•If the problem persists, please check the Im Service Centre page and then report a fault if necessary.
•You should copy and paste the details below into your error report.

Server:
www.britishairways.com

Request ID:
vXHSbKOmeiQAAAlOLlsAAABP

•Alternatively please click the back button or go to Employee Self Service.
Rather odd, as I am not am employee!

Similar issue trying to look at AA Avios details, did not try others.

IE11, Win7
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:06 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
So what is actually going on with a message like:

Sorry, we cannot complete online check-in for your flight on this occasion. Please proceed to the airport to check in and collect your boarding pass.

Seem to get this more and more recently....OLCI opens and you get through only about 2 screens of the process and then this damn message occurs

What does it actually mean....why can the OLCI not be completed?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Originally Posted by vibguy
I think you underestimate the problem. Bookings which have been affected with cancellations, flight changes or schedule changes disappear permanently from'My Bookings'. They reappear only when you add the booking manually but they disappear again permanently as soon as you leave the page. This is frustrating since you want to watch these bookings regularly for possible further changes. You also have to add these bookings manually for OLCI. As said above the BA app is of not much use, it will display all bookings with all the sectors (those cancelled, those changed and those replacing the cancelled flights) without indication of which flight is the actual confirmed one.
+1 ^

This is exactly what I am seeing, and it is very annoying, as I have a complex itinerary.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Logged into ba.com using BAEC details

Trying to access details of avios for Iberia flights and I get

Rather odd, as I am not am employee!

Similar issue trying to look at AA Avios details, did not try others.

IE11, Win7
Same on iOS - trying to open webform to complain about hand baggage enforcement (personal item and bag under seat in front of me while in Club - grrrr)

Worked via chrome though

Last edited by lorcancoyle; Jun 20, 2015 at 2:18 am
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I think we can all agree on that. But sometimes the website goes wrong for a day or two for an individual member; I suspect that most of us have seen that from time to time. As an irritant, it's perhaps somewhere around the level of "The next Circle Line train will arrive in four minutes." It hardly seems to merit repeated whinges in multiple threads, complete with underlining.

These petty, endless complaints must be a constant and non-trivial irritant to you. But you must admit that citing the length of time a minor bug has existed as an excuse for its continuing existence is pretty shaming.

After all, one of the more prosaic reasons for joining BAEC, or any FFP, is to get access to future travel plans with the airline. You'd think they might make an effort to get that bit right. Wouldn't you ?

Anyway, sorry to add to your burden, but ..... .

Two of my imminent trips disappear from Manage My Bookings when I log out of the BAEC website. I need to find and load meaningless jumbles of six characters each time I view the reservations. And I need to view them because I'm trying to reschedule things around flight cancellations.

The moment of panic when I first clocked the gap in my MMB schedule wasn't an initiation into the shambles of BA's interface with its (most valued) customers: but it was an indication that the website bumbling extended beyond the default for MAN being somewhere in New Hampshire.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:52 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Am getting cheesed off with not being able to OLCI because MMB does the whole circular asking for booking reference even if you've taken the link from the EC page. It will spin round and around until you just sigh and give up. Has happened with almost every flight I've done on BA this year.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
All LAN business class redemptions are incorrectly entered as First Class instead of Business Class, leading to an error if you select them...

Not the biggest gripe in the world.

I found award availability on CX (SIN-HKG-AMS) but - as normal - it went wrong during the payment process.

I then booked the exact same flights separately (SIN-HKG and HKG-AMS) and it all went fine. Of course annoying because if I have to cancel I will now have to pay twice. Seems a long standing problem and should be fixable.

Again: not the biggest problem on the planet, but worth looking into.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by BOH
So what is actually going on with a message like:

Sorry, we cannot complete online check-in for your flight on this occasion. Please proceed to the airport to check in and collect your boarding pass.

Seem to get this more and more recently....OLCI opens and you get through only about 2 screens of the process and then this damn message occurs

What does it actually mean....why can the OLCI not be completed?
I've had this a lot recently as well. When OLCI opens for a flight on BA.com that has an onward connection when I go to check-in now it automatically tries to do it for both flights and sometimes it will allow you to check in for both or you get that message. When I get the unable to complete OLCI message I just use the iPhone app and check in for the earlier flight and then wait for the later flight to become available for OLCI using the iPhone app. I agree it's annoying but after years of experience trying to do LX OLCI BA is relatively smooth in comparison.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
After all, one of the more prosaic reasons for joining BAEC, or any FFP, is to get access to future travel plans with the airline.
But you still can. You just need to type six characters and your surname, and press enter. Just like with any other airline - and we all fly them from time to time, don't we?

Of course it would be nice if this worked consistently all the time. But I cannot understand the angst generated by this, particularly when for almost all of us it works perfectly almost all of the time.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:56 pm

But you still can. You just need to type six characters and your surname, and press enter. Just like with any other airline - and we all fly them from time to time, don't we?

Of course it would be nice if this worked consistently all the time. But I cannot understand the angst generated by this, particularly when for almost all of us it works perfectly almost all of the time.
Whilst what you have posted is correct, it doesn't help when you have lots of travel planned and you click on a button that states "View All Bookings" and you do not see all your bookings. Currently I have over 30 bookings on BA and 2 not showing both of these are the ones with changed flights and consequently the ones that you would actually want to access.

Perhaps BA would be better fixing long-standing issues like this than spending money bringing features to the Apple watch.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

Yes we fly others. But we (well, I) manage to secure goldy status on the other alliance I use: and Lufthansa M&M never let's me down (YMMV). Scatty SWISS and it's bombed out platform is something like BAEC. But SWISS is doing something about it - while BAEC bumbles along in a fug of make do and mend.

Quite why BA can't work out, or doesn't care, that Manchester, UK, is more usually selected than Manchester, New Hampshire, I don't know (Lufthansa worked it out). Why they need to randomly hide my reservations is another of those mysteries. There are many other quirks catalogued, but never addressed.

But, as you say, best not to expect too much and knuckle down to coping with BAEC low service levels. Sky high fares, low level service
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:46 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
for almost all of us it works perfectly almost all of the time.
If that's your perception then I can better understand your exasperation with those of us who complain about it almost never working properly, let alone in a way that comes close to perfection. But I suspect you're wrong.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I wish it could look at my profile and when I click on book flights pick my country rather than the UK. Alternatively let me set a default starting airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.