Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old May 5, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another glitch - the app says that I need to add my passport details (they've been there for years). When I click on "add passport details" I immediately get a message "information complete - go back to online check in"... just to see "Add passport details" again... and again... and again...
Old May 5, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Varies
The latest edition of The Club was sent to me by email today. Some of the links on the email didn't work when I clicked on them, so I opened the online magazine. I entered the competition. The website didn't like my email address (hotmail). It didn't like my mobile telephone number. I used an alternative email address and phone number and submitted it. Instead of a confirmation I got "this website is not available".
I give up.

eta: I was using Chrome on Windows
Old May 7, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Diamond; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold
Unable to book paid flights

I tried to book a multi-city itinerary (to take advantage of the great US-CPT/JNB fares) on BA.com but was stymied half-way through. I was able to pick all the flights, for the fare ITA Matrix had quoted, but no joy on the next step -- Passengers.

I was logged in, all the displayed information was complete and correct; but when I clicked Continue, the button bounced to acknowledge the click but nothing further happened , not even a page refresh. I tried tweaking some of the information before clicking again, to no avail. This was with an up-to-date Firefox on Windows.

I ended calling BA Blue number to report the problem, and booked/paid that way.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
thx

me
Have you tried checking availability on aa.com, or are you looking for flights on carriers not supported by aa.com?
Old May 25, 2015, 5:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by kats
Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment. We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.

I have been getting this message when I tried to redeem avios in the past several hours.
Originally Posted by HGF
I'm getting the same thing
Originally Posted by percysmith
Kats: same here too
My best advice is for you to call in. I find when this message appears it invariably refuses to go away!
Old May 25, 2015, 5:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
My best advice is for you to call in. I find when this message appears it invariably refuses to go away!
Well funnily enough I was looking at a booking just before midnight BST yesterday, checked out a few other options and otherwise got distracted. Just after midnight I felt was ready to commit, then kerpow, got the same message as above. Went to bed. Tried again at 6:30 am and all was well, so I think this was a planned but unnotified outage in this case.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm still unable to book. Very annoying!
Old May 27, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
so the latest on changing a booking on the website:

i am american, so first the online calendars start on a sunday. none of this monday business.

well i needed to change a flight to leave on a wednesday...but nothing was available. so i was OK with thursday. i click thru, make the change and it confirms me on the flight i wanted...but on WEDNESDAY which was originally not an option. worked well for me but i thought it was weird and i was not paying attention.

i just did this again for a different flight and same issue: if i click on a thursday as it appears on the screen...when i click confirm--it confirms i selected WEDNESDAY. if i click friday it confirms THURSDAY.

basically i think this boils down to differences in the US calendar v the UK/EU calendar--but i sense there will be many people who have no clue this is happening to them.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:08 am

I cannot longer retrive my booking on BAcom or the app. This issue only occurs in 1 out of 4 reservations

"Sorry, due to a system error, we are unable to display your booking. Please contact your local British Airways office or Travel Agent."

Is anyone having issues today?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA changed a sector in a booking - now MMB is borked

Booked ages ago, JER-UK-IAD. Very recently BA changed our last (LGW-JER) sector, as they had dropped the 2772 and moved us to the later 2774. However ...

• 1. ba.com no longer shows the booking in MMB unless I force it using "Add a Booking". This then shows us on the 2774. BUT - the booking disappears again as soon as I leave the page.
  • 2. The BA app shows us on BOTH the 2772 and the 2774

It seems to me that the change made by BA resulted in the booking being corrupted on ba.com, although CheckMyTrip is showing everything as I would expect [last sector 2774]. My concern is that a corrupted MMB may cause some difficulties with OLCI and PYOBP, and subsequent chasing of TPs/Avios.

Could the corporate wisdom suggest where I turn to get this fixed. Gold line doesn't seem the obvious place to get IT help - do we still have a BAEC IT helper?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
All my flights have vanished although seem to be there on the app.
Just booked a redemption flight without a problem but not there so I can see it and select seats (maybe possible trying rj, finnair or similar) - that said, got the e-ticket and clicked on "manage my booking" through that and all is well with that booking at least (still nothing if I go through BAEC webpage)
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: WN RR, B6 TrueBlue, AA, NK
Booked a flight via a TA, as an AY Codeshare (I try to avoid these types of messes for this reason but the savings was substantial) Tried both the TA less then 24 hours and standard BA details page. It's refusing to hold my API Data and my AA Number. :/ and when trying to purchase a seat, it takes me in an infinite loop through Finnair's Website back to BA. Will give it a few days before giving them a call.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I can answer this: no, he is not.

However, there are BA people who do monitor this and other IT threads, and feed back "to do" items. I think that they're less visible and public than Dilly used to be, but that doesn't mean that things that are found and pointed out here are being ignored.
Originally Posted by ttama
You would hope that there are different departments responsible for each functional area or system. If BA are not adequately funding or staffing their customer-facing IT systems, with the excuse that they also have to operate planes, that would be ridiculous. It's a bit like M&S not providing a properly functioning online sales system because they have to source and deliver clothes to stores. All functional systems have to be adequately resourced, and there's really no excuse for any to fail.

Edited to add, I bet their revenue optimisation systems are adequately resourced!!
I take both points of view at equal value

However, BA should get the customer interface sorted properly [instead of spending time/effort/money on cosmetic enhancements]. I accept there are pressing operational IT factors that should obviously dominate, although I guess those systems aren't cluttered with adverts, promotions and mis-targetted Hillier-grams. And I suspect that our ba.com interface is completely separate from the inner workings of britishairways.com, Amadeus etc ... apart from tenuous bits of cyber-string trying to join them together*

* Which is where I suspect the problems lie. Amadeus knows what's happening to my flight, and so does BA, whereas ba.com has a corrupted version facing the paying customer.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:53 am

Believe I know the answer to this, but - upcoming booking has an Air NZ-operated flight on a CX flight number. MMB is showing as if I'd receive TPs and avios for this - is this just another glitch with MMB or have I understood the rules wrong? Is it worth changing my BAEC number to a *A number for that leg, or is there a chance BA will glitch out and award me the TPs/avios anyway?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by wadewadewade
Is it worth changing my BAEC number to a *A number for that leg, or is there a chance BA will glitch out and award me the TPs/avios anyway?
They didn't for us, in the same situation last summer. Come end of year those TPs would have got one of our party Gold, too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.