Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ba.com Official - new BA representative on Flyertalk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ba.com Official - new BA representative on Flyertalk

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:52 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Arrow ba.com Official - new BA representative on Flyertalk

Hello everyone,

Just an update to let you know that the ba.com team will now be monitoring the board for ba.com related issues.

The team will review posts, raise issues with the ba.com support team where appropriate and post answers to queries about ba.com.

The team ‘handle’ is ba.com Official and individual posts will be signed by the team member (Ahmed, Janel, John, Rob, Ryan, Sam or Simon).

I’ll continue to post and answer questions about the app using the handle BA App Official.

We look forward to helping.

Warm regards

Nick, on behalf of Ahmed, Janel, John, Rob, Ryan, Sam and Simon
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:54 am

Welcome and thanks for this excellent development.

I hope this place doesn't drive you insane
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Welcome - a brave move!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Welcome guys, good to have you with us

Now, if you could just sort out that annoying MMB glitch where bookings don't show...
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ahmed, Janel, John, Rob, Ryan, Sam and Simon, welcome to Flyertalk, welcome to the British Airways board, it is really good to see you here, and I'm sure I'm not alone in seeing this as a positive move. So welcome on board, and I hope we see plenty more of you!

We often see glitches come and go (e.g. recently with HBO seating), so if you get a spare minute, it may be good if someone could give an overview of some the constraints that you have to deal with that may hinder rapid resolution. It may allow us to be less impatient (or maybe not). However I wouldn't want to take you away from doing the fixes!

Thank you also Nick, your presence here has definitely made life better for App users, and I hope the airline has also benefited from this too.

For all our gripes, BA.com and the App are a lot better than most of your rivals, and here's hoping they will get better still.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
All the more the merrier!

Great news, welcome to all of you.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Excellent news, and a warm welcome to you all from me too. I hope you find the interaction helpful and constructive, and that our occasional rants don't depress you too much!

I wonder if there's mileage in having a Wiki post here [or in a new thread] for users to detail the individual glitches, and for the Team to respond?

(Sorry, forgot we already have a Wiki on the main 'Glitches' Thread)

Last edited by T8191; Jul 8, 2015 at 2:06 am Reason: stupidity
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A warm welcome to the ba.com Official team!

While I know that our concerns about ba.com bugs and glitches haven't been ignored over the past months, it is good to have the positive reassurance that an official team will be looking out for these reports.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Looking at user sourced feedback - good move, welcome

(And if anybody gets ranty, just imagine them as a three year old stamping their foot during a tantrum - more amusing than dangerous!)
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk Ahmed, Janel, John, Rob, Ryan, Sam and Simon.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Excellent news! And welcome to FlyerTalk to all of you guys!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:08 am
Company Representative

Thanks for the welcome messages. We'll do our best to make a difference. We have a dedicated and passionate bunch of people in ba.com but, as in any business, we don't have unlimited resources. Consequently, prioritisation plays a big part. Your feedback will help inform how we prioritise.
At the same time we are continuously striving to improve the quality and speed to market of our developments, enhancements and fixes.
Regards Simon
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Thanks for the welcome messages. We'll do our best to make a difference. We have a dedicated and passionate bunch of people in ba.com but, as in any business, we don't have unlimited resources. Consequently, prioritisation plays a big part. Your feedback will help inform how we prioritise.
At the same time we are continuously striving to improve the quality and speed to market of our developments, enhancements and fixes.
Regards Simon
You might want to look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...es-ba-com.html where we have collated a few known bugs.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: BA
Welcome!

I think one of the biggest concerns currently on the board is that AA flights have completely disappeared from Avios bookings. Though I'm not sure if this is a BA issue or an AA issue.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Welcome to you all and good luck!!

Can someone look into the issue of AA flights not being available to book on the BA site (even when there's MilesAAver availability).

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.