Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Trying to pay off a holiday on the BA website, when I get to the payment page the Balance Due is in the negative, and when I try to pay off part of it, I enter an amount in the box and then it disappears when I click elsewhere on the page.

Hidden the details but showing where the issue is in this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/9nndur

Last edited by Meekel; Jan 8, 2016 at 12:43 pm
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi arh1,

Thanks for raising this, I'm going to pass this onto our team to investigate.

Thanks
Janel
No problem - any idea how long until it is fixed? I need to submit a couple of claims.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Originally Posted by clubman
Seems to be an issue checking award availably on the NYC-LHR route going on since yesterday at least.

Other way round and all other routes seem to work fine, but when checking flights out of NYC I get the following message:

Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later.

Edited to add: others have complained about the same issue, so not just me.
Happening to me as well for NYC, EWR, or JFK to LHR. Tried a couple of different browsers.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Tying to claim missing avios.

keep getting this message after entering ticker number

/temp_outage.html is unavailable, please contact system administractor.

(yes it's spelt as administractor in the error message)

Get this using the app on i Phone and Pad as well as on BA.com using both firefox and edge.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:56 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by arh1
No problem - any idea how long until it is fixed? I need to submit a couple of claims.
This has been logged with support will post an update when this has been fixed.

Gavin
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:19 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by surphdoc
Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum but I've got a bug to report... I'm trying to book flights from Antigua to Oslo... the date is not important...when the price matrix page comes up it quotes the fare in XCD (local caribbean currency)... its about 4000XCD return.... when I go through to complete the booking, the final payment page suddenly switches the currency to USD...4000 USD is really expensive for a world traveller ticket from the Caribbean to europe....

thanks in advance
Hi surphdoc,

We have already identified this particular issue and the fix should be in place soon.

regards

Gavin
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:39 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by jkirk
Here's an odd one. I have an existing JFK-LHR-JFK award booking in J class. I'm trying to change the date of my return flight, by following these steps:

1. Logging into my Exec Club account.
2. Clicking "Manage my booking" for the relevant trip.
3. Selecting "Change/Cancel Booking" under the return flight, and then selecting "change date/time of my flight".
4. Ticking to indicate I have the consent of all passengers.
5. For the outbound flight, I select the radio button for "I do not want to change this flight."
6. For the return flight, I select the radio button for "I want to change the date of this flight to ..." and then click the button for "select a travel date".
7. The site then gives me a calendar, with available dates highlighted in red, and with a selectable radio button on each available date. I'd like to change my return flight to Feb 3, so that's the radio button I select. (Significantly, neither Feb 2 nor Feb 4 are available dates, so neither is highlighted in red and neither has a radio button). After selecting February 3, I click "confirm date selection."
8. This returns me to the previous page, but here's the probem - that page now things I am trying to change my date to February 2, the day prior to the one I actually selected. And when I hit continue, it tells me there are no available flights on February 2. Other dates on the calendar seem to do the same thing - no matter what available date I click on the calendar, it gives me availability for the day before.

Any advice?
JK
Hi JK,

I will need to recreate this, will PM you if I need more details.

regards

Gavin.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:35 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Taxes inappropriately calculated on avios redemptions when travel starts in Honduras

I'm noticing what I believe to be a glitch/error in the way taxes are calculated for Avios redemptions when travel commences in Honduras.

Long story short, my digging reveals that Honduras imposes a 15% tax on base airfare. When I search for an Avios redemption starting in Honduras, BA.com seems to price it out including this 15% tax (even though the airfare should be zero). The tax varies with date/market and fluctuates with the lowest published fare. Other programs (such as AA itself and AS) that have this same award, do not quote the price with this tax. Further details and examples can be seen in the following thread: Avios Reward Booking ex Honduras - taxes question It was suggested to me there that I post the issue here.

Thank you!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Currently when making a booking you have to select the departure country to begin with. You are then shown the departure cities.

Are there any plans to remove this?

For me, it's a nuisance especially for some cities which are near each other but have a border between them. I would prefer to search by airport code or to just start typing and options appear. I notice on the app there is no such country choice.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
OLCI and >1 checked-in bags in CW

OLCI for two pax (both BAEC Gold) today in CW to LHR and further in CE. Three bags in total to check in.

On ba.com and on the App, when selecting the number of bags to check in, the free allowance says 1 bag per pax, instead of three, the real allowance. Then, when selecting 1 for pax1 and "more than one" for pax2, OLCI comes up with statements about how to pay for the extra bag - paying in advance is apparently cheaper

I completed the task by selecting 1 bag for both and leaving the rest for the airport.

The ticket, issued by BA, included BA CW, BA CE, BA F, CX J and QF J segments.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:49 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by clubman
Seems to be an issue checking award availably on the NYC-LHR route going on since yesterday at least.

Other way round and all other routes seem to work fine, but when checking flights out of NYC I get the following message:

Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later.

Edited to add: others have complained about the same issue, so not just me.
Hi Clubman,

Have had a look into this and there does appear to be award availability on that specific route, could you please pm me with specific dates and maybe a screenshot of the error, this would be of great help to pin this issue down.

thanks

Gavin
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: BA EC Gold

Hello Gavin - I'm seeing the same error as timol for an LHR > Philadelphia avois redemption search. Web site and app. Looking at late August 2016. For what it's worth, when the web site auto-completes Philadelphia it shows as PhiladelPhia (capital P for the second p).
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Marriott Gold.
Having the same issue as above on the reward booking from NYC to LHR. It keeps taking me back to the question asking if I want a stopover or not as part of the booking.

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
I have an existing booking, go to change the booking in MMB (allowed by fare rules). It prompts me to log in to Exec Club (I am already logged in). If I log in again through the link, the Exec Club home page reloads. If I don't, then I get:

"Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later. "

Am I to conclude that it is not in fact possible to change a booking online, despite BA's promises to the contrary? Or is this really just temporarily broken?

I'm somewhere that it's really not convenient to call and would like to sort this out online if at all possible.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:35 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Currently when making a booking you have to select the departure country to begin with. You are then shown the departure cities.

Are there any plans to remove this?

For me, it's a nuisance especially for some cities which are near each other but have a border between them. I would prefer to search by airport code or to just start typing and options appear. I notice on the app there is no such country choice.
Hi Speedbird876

thank you for your suggestion , I will pass it onto the relevant department.

thanks

Gavin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.