Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 - November 2015

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
I've recently had the crab tortellini and medium rare ribeye both were very good (so much better than the food on board so I know my strategy for the future now: dinner in the CCR and just nibbles/LPGS on board).
Old May 30, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
I've recently had the crab tortellini and medium rare ribeye both were very good (so much better than the food on board so I know my strategy for the future now: dinner in the CCR and just nibbles/LPGS on board).
And they go very well together (my recommendation is to have them together after a double portion of the salmon starter)

Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
JFK CCR June(?) Menu

Fresh out of JFK CCR: what I am assuming is the June dining menu:

Starters:
- Warm leek and roquefort tart, tarragon pesto, herbed salad
- Cambridge House smoked salmon, capers, eggs, red onion, lemon, black russian toast.

Soup:
- Minnestrone

Salad:
- Baby Rocket with grilled asparagus, crispy shallots, Dijon Mustard dressing

Main Course:
- NY Sirloin Medallions, Chateau potatoes, Haricot Vert, madeira juice
- Chicken Paillard, fennel, watercress salad, yukon potatoes, Basil vinaigrette
- Tamarind glazed Verlasso salmon, with Black Rice, sauteed bok choy, tomato and olive oil
- Falafel with grilled naan bread Tzaziki sauce and harissa

Dessert:
- Peach and Currant Crumble and Vanilla Ice Cream

Cheese:
- featuring 5 spoke welsh cheddar, persimmons and lavender honey

The tarte was spongy, fluffy, delicious, with a refreshing pesto. The cheese wasn't anywhere near overpowering.

The Sirloin medallions were a bit of a let-down. The sides were all undercooked - not so bad with nice beans, but unsatisfying with potatoes. The medallions themselves were nothing to write home about. The sauce was very good.

(Edit: finally uploaded the pics)

Last edited by mjrkong; Jun 2, 2015 at 11:59 am
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:26 am

Had lunch in the CCR yesterday.The new menu is out.Steak is gone,replaced by a chicken dish,which was ok.Tortellini remains and a salad type dish is added.

New soup is tomato,which was also ok.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mjrkong
Fresh out of JFK CCR: what I am assuming is the June dining menu:

pictures are coming once I've sufficiently agonized over my photo hosting service.
Thanks mjrkong. I have linked to your post in the wiki for teh current JFK CCR menu.

Originally Posted by rapidex
Had lunch in the CCR yesterday.The new menu is out.Steak is gone,replaced by a chicken dish,which was ok.Tortellini remains and a salad type dish is added.

New soup is tomato,which was also ok.
Glad I tried and enjoyed the (new) steak on Sunday before it went then. I am sure someone will post the new menu in full soon, but if not i will do on Sunday when I am there.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
JFK LHR June

LHR CCR: Took a picture of the June menu today.

First Courses:
- Soup of the day
- Brtish Bresaola of Beef: Air dried West Country Sirloin of beef with corn salad lettuce and vintage Gouda
- Marinated Scottish Salmon: Sweet cured Scottish salmon rolled in beetroot with a cucumber salad and sour creme

Main courses:
- BA Burger
- Club Sandwich
- Tuscany Panzanella Salad: Classic Italian salad of tomatoes and bread, accompanied by cucumbers, red onion, olives, capers, and rocket cress, finished with a pesto dressing
- Pan fried breast of Corn Fed Chicken: Succulent chicken breast with a pea and spring onion potato cake, served with baby vegetables and a red wine jus
- Crab Tortelloni: White crab and squid ink tortlloni with a lobster cream bisque served with a sweet pepper coulis
- Asparagus salad: Vale of Evesham grilled asparagus spears topped with a soft poached hens egg, shaved Italian hard cheese, served with a slice of toasted sour dough

Desserts: Forgot to take a photo

The chicken was nice. loved the pea and spring onion potato cake.

Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Many thanks mjrkong, particularly for transcribing the photo! I've updated thread 1 with June's menu, and here's April's menu for the record only.

Rest of the day

From 12 Noon until Close.

Starters and Mains

Soup of the Day - permanent dish
Please ask your host for today's choice of autumnal soup, served with freshly baked breads

Ham Terrine - revised dish
Ham hock terrine with a soft boiled quail's egg and crackling

Caprese salad - revised dish
Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella, heritage tomatoes and basil salad in a pesto dressing

BA Burger - also available in Galleries First - permanent dish
Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed toll with red onion marmalade, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle and accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like the addition of crispy back bacon or mature English cheddar

Club Sandwich - permanent dish
A choice of roasted granary or white read triple decker sandwich with chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with either twice-cooked chips or ruby slaw

Greek Salad - new
Salad of tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, red onion, olives and barrel aged feta cheese with an olive oil and mint dressing

Ribeye steak - revised
Succulent ribeye steak garnished with oyster mushrooms and shallots, served with chunky chips and Béarnaise sauce.

Sea Bass
Pan fried fillet of sea bass on a creamy risotto verde

Artichoke Tortellini
Artichoke lemon and parsley

Desserts

Wild Berry Dome
Served with a herb tuile and raspberry coulis

Treacle Tart
Served with maple and walnut ice cream.

Cheeses
Somerset Camembert, Coastal Cheddar, Bleu d'Auvergne and Tournegus with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and Bath Oliver biscuits
The items on the cheese board will, on past experience, change from time to time.

Menu updated: 1 April 2015.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:34 am

Bit late now I suppose but here are some photos of some of the dishes from the May menu:

Ham terrine

Steak

I will try some of teh new things on Sunday and take some photos to add to those already posted by mjrkong.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
June desserts now added, just in time for young KARFA's arrival, who will doubtless note the Yorkshire sourced Rhubarb Cheesecake. This place certainly is a step up from the ANE lounge!
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:10 am

I think rhubarb cheesecake was on May's menu as well. I seem to think it was something like cheesecake with rhubarb three ways or something like that? I was temped to ask if the rhubarb was sourced from the rhubarb triangle
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:17 pm

Some photos from the June 2015 menu.

Bresaola of Beef

Pan fried breast of Corn Fed Chicken

Summer Pudding
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
think this is probably the best 'forum' to post this.

was speaking to M the other week and the CCR refurb will be taking place overnight - no full closure. new carpets and new furniture have been signed off and will be installed / changed on numerous overnight work sessions.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Any idea when this will happen, and how many nights are involved?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chris1979
... was speaking to M the other week and the CCR refurb will be taking place overnight - no full closure. new carpets and new furniture have been signed off ....
I do hope they remember which is my chair
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I do hope they remember which is my chair
You and I were told off in anothe thread for this sort of conversation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.