Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Dilly, as there seems to be some confusion, can you perhaps provide some BA reference material that we can cite that shows that the award companion certificate can be used for an open-jaw trip reservation made through a BA call center. Thanks
We haven't heard further from Dilly on this subject, but it does appear that the certificate cannot be used for an open-jaw trip. The rules state that reservations using the redemption voucher must be made online at ba.com . See http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_us
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
For those who have already been approved for this offer, how long did it take from the time yu applied to get a decision from Chase?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by jsnearline
For those who have already been approved for this offer, how long did it take from the time yu applied to get a decision from Chase?
About 2 weeks.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: DL Skymiles (silver) & AA Advantage
I am curious if there is some secret or special process necessary to use the BA miles on partner airlines (namely AA or AS)? I have a new account thanks to the CHASE VISA offer and cannot seem to access any flight options utilizing these airlines to get to Alaska. (I have tried the "partner" link in the redeem miles area.)

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Von
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:11 pm

No signature => regular card which does not have 100k bonus!!!

I'm sure you all are aware of this already, but just FYI that if you do not qualify for the signature card, chase will still send you a regular BA visa card--but one that doesn't offer the 100k mileage bonus!
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by BAmemberUSD2009
I'm sure you all are aware of this already, but just FYI that if you do not qualify for the signature card, chase will still send you a regular BA visa card--but one that doesn't offer the 100k mileage bonus!
this is simply not true. either the Chase BA Visa Signature or the Chase BA Visa Platinum will qualify for both 50K bonuses.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:20 pm

Mmmm, I just called both Chase and BA separately, and they both said only the signature card qualifies for the 100k bonus miles. I even spoke to people at the supervisor level.

Also, someone in my family applied for the signature card but didn't get it, so I was curious and read the terms and conditions that came in the mail for the regular card they did get, and nowhere does it mention the 100k bonus miles.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by BAmemberUSD2009
Mmmm, I just called both Chase and BA separately, and they both said only the signature card qualifies for the 100k bonus miles. I even spoke to people at the supervisor level.

Also, someone in my family applied for the signature card but didn't get it, so I was curious and read the terms and conditions that came in the mail for the regular card they did get, and nowhere does it mention the 100k bonus miles.
The bonuses are not mentioned anywhere other than online. I do not have the Signature card myself, but I was told that it qualified for both bonuses during the activation process.

I do personally know others who have received the Signature card and the bonuses are not mentioned anywhere. In fact, one of the agents did not even mention the bonuses during activation when one of the persons asked them. Also, one was able to get confirmation of first year fee waived, other was not...

The CSRs are not always helpful. Some of them just try to sell their account protection product and are useless at answering/confirming questions you may have about the offer. Others are very helpful.

Why not try calling back and see what information another agent will give?

Also, I'm not sure that BA is really involved since Chase are the ones who will technically give you those miles (purchased from BA, of course).
Old Nov 29, 2009, 4:48 pm

Same here. When I called in to activate my card, the rep made NO mention about the 100k bonus miles (nor did I bother to ask about it). I got a Signature card though. Oddly enough, almost 4 days or so after I activated my card, I got a welcome email from Chase/BA to let me know that I should been receiving my card shortly (if I hadn't already) and it listed the "rewards" of the card (i.e. 50k miles on first purchase, and 50k on 2k spend in 3 months).
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:01 pm

I just had my card activated. The representative confirmed that I had not received a signature visa, and could not state whether or not it was a platinum. The information I received in the mail only says visa and does not mention anything about signature nor platinum, but all earning figures, percentages and fees are identical to the ones on the website, besides that neither of the 50k bonuses are mentioned. When I asked the representative about the 50k miles she confirmed that my card was eligible for both the signup bonus and the extra 50k if I spend $2k within 93 days of my application date.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Oddly enough, almost 4 days or so after I activated my card, I got a welcome email from Chase/BA to let me know that I should been receiving my card shortly (if I hadn't already) and it listed the "rewards" of the card (i.e. 50k miles on first purchase, and 50k on 2k spend in 3 months).
OK, this is a tad worrying. I also received a welcome e-mail from Chase ('Welcome BA cardmember') but it does not mention any bonus. The people I know who received the signature card did receive an e-mail stating the bonus.

Perhaps another call to Chase is in the cards for me (bad pun), just to reconfirm.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:37 pm

I would love it if the non-signature cards also offer the 100k signing bonus, but I took a look at the webpage again and it seems pretty clear to me that the special is only valid with the signature card. In a way this makes sense since they're trying to target new customers with very good credit who would qualify for the signature card, rather than anyone and everyone who applies for it. Here is the link to the webpage:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/hp_1
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:39 pm

Just called Chase twice:

1. The CSR said the bonus would post 6-8 weeks from first purchase. Forgot to ask how much the bonus was...

2. The CSR confirmed that the card would received 2X 50,000 miles. 6-8 weeks upon qualifying activity.

I have other credit with Chase, so I wouldn't mind shifting it to get the Signature card, if necessary, but I don't need another Visa Signature card.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:36 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
Something tells me there's a catch to this. I wonder what kind of credit score one would need to qualify - near perfect? Seems to me this would be the way to screen out too many people getting the bonus miles.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I've never had a Chase branded CC before and am baffled by the balance transfer offer.

I received the Signature card approx. two weeks after applying online. The app offered a balance transfer option but I chose not to fill it in, thinking I'd take advantage of it after receiving the card.

Now, no such balance transfer option exists. And a CSR told me by phone that there is no telling when - or if - I might be offered that option.

Of course, my plan was to transfer $2,000 to the card immediately for the extra 50,000 mile bonus.

Those of you with Chase history - what is your experience with balance transfer offers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.