Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: virgin
Originally Posted by drdes
Does anyone know if you can get this card if you have just moved to the US (ie no credit history there). I am moving to US (from UK) for 12 months and would love to get this card - however, not sure if I would be accepted for it
yes I did this a few years back, and Amex was the best way.

if you have a UK Amex card,they seem to ignore UK law of data-transfer and look it up in the US and apply that to your application there, which usually results in approval!

doubt you'll get a US visa card with no US credit history. UK credit history does not apply at all in US other than Amex, in my experience.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: virgin
both my g/f and I got the card, and are going to make the appropriate spend to get $100k miles each. Then I'll spend the 30k more on it to get the companion voucher in 2010.

she'll probably want to use 'her' miles on 4 cheap domestic AA flights,
I'd rather pool miles and take one blow-it-all First Class flight to the Far East, via London, or down under.

any ideas how I can explain her the better value of that - or am I going to loose out?!

(or of course suggest to me a better way to spend ~250k miles from NYC with a companion flight!)
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
BA Chase Website down???/

I passed on the Chase website for this offer to my friend so that he could apply for the offer (I was denied, despite having a high credit score and multiple Chase cards) but everytime he (or I) go to the website, it says it's not available. Has anyone been able to apply for the card recently (past 2 days)? I'm wondering if due to overwhelming response, Chase has quietly ended the offer.....
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by manico
I passed on the Chase website for this offer to my friend so that he could apply for the offer (I was denied, despite having a high credit score and multiple Chase cards) but everytime he (or I) go to the website, it says it's not available. Has anyone been able to apply for the card recently (past 2 days)? I'm wondering if due to overwhelming response, Chase has quietly ended the offer.....
The original link posted here on FT has been superseded. just go here:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/hp_1

or link from the ba.com home page and it still works fine.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 2:59 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Is there any way of using the companion award certificate for an open-jaw trip (e.g SFO-LHR-CDG return FRA-LHR-SFO) ?
Hi,

This can be done but it will have to be done offline (via the contact centre).

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:55 am

That sounds great Dilly. Because when I called the US BAEC they said that bookings using the coupon could only be done online and therefore could only be non-open jaw because the Online Booking engine did not allow open jaws....
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by asterix881
That sounds great Dilly. Because when I called the US BAEC they said that bookings using the coupon could only be done online and therefore could only be non-open jaw because the Online Booking engine did not allow open jaws....
Dilly, as there seems to be some confusion, can you perhaps provide some BA reference material that we can cite that shows that the award companion certificate can be used for an open-jaw trip reservation made through a BA call center. Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by NatsDad
Are Chase as vigilant as Amex UK are on the domicile of the member account?
Excellent question, I'd like to create a BA Executive Club account in my name and have another family member apply for the card referencing my BA account during the Chase application. Would this work? I would apply for the card myself but I have numerous Chase accounts already and would prefer not to have an additional Equifax credit inquiry.

Last edited by zxx7x; Nov 20, 2009 at 9:28 am
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I just quickly read the link, is there an expiration date for this offer?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I just quickly read the link, is there an expiration date for this offer?
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread it was a November offer.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Got mine yesterday - hurrah!!!
I had a home improvement project and already charged $ 1800 on the card today - $ 200 more to go.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:51 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Problems with Verified by Visa

Has anyone else had problems using the Chase BA Visa for purchases online, specifically for purchases of airline tickets? Specifically, the problem seems to lie with Verified by Visa.

I spent 2 hours yesterday attempting to use my card towards the purchase of a ticket departing in three weeks time. Unfortunately, the transaction was constantly declined. When I call the number indicated on the error screen, I am told this is a problem with Chase and not Visa. Chase says everything is just fine with my account and that it is Visa who is blocking the transaction not Chase. Visa says they are not able to block transaction, the problem lies with Chase. In the meantime I have had to remove security blocks four times.

In the past, I have had to input a password, but now I was not even able to attempt this. The transaction was just flat denied.

In the end I just gave up and used my MasterCard. No points, but at least I am able to pay for the bloody ticket. It seems easier for a criminal to use my card than it does for myself!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Seated in First
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread it was a November offer.
Correct Nov 30 deadline
Old Nov 21, 2009, 3:13 pm

I still do not know why I have not pulled the trigger on this yet.

I only redeem miles for premium longhaul flights.
Both my wife and I can sign up for this deal
We can household the accounts
We can change $30K in a year on 1 of the acounts
I can drive to JFK or BOS in 3 hours to fly BA metal
I can redeem on AA or CP

So for taxes and the CC annual fee...the 2 of us can fly most places in BA first after we household and charge $30K in a year. If that cost $1,500 it is still a steal.

The only downside I see is if there is a better deal for a 1st time BA card CC holders in the future. That appears slim.

Am I missing something or should I have done this days ago?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by mileshound
The only downside I see is if there is a better deal for a 1st time BA card CC holders in the future. That appears slim.

Am I missing something or should I have done this days ago?
I have never seen anything even close to this - ever. I got 50,000 AA miles from opening an SPG Amex card, but I had to spend $ 15,000 in 6 months to get that. Otherwise the best I usually see is 20 -30,000 miles for opening a CC.
I would not wait for a "better" offer that may not come (a bird in hand....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.