Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
Has anyone else had problems using the Chase BA Visa for purchases online, specifically for purchases of airline tickets? Specifically, the problem seems to lie with Verified by Visa. [...]
I had that problem a couple of days back on an airline's web site (not BA -- I've successfully used the card to purchase BA tickets on their web site in the past). I thought it was because the ticket was in my wife's name and I was attempting to buy it on her card. My card and hers are the same account, same number, same security code, but I am the account holder and I'm the one who is registered with Verified by Visa, not her. Anyway, after trying three times, I found the airline had jacked up the price by $60 on my fourth attempt, so I gave up in disgust and bought a significantly cheaper ticket on another airline off the Orbitz web site (which did not put me through Verified by Visa procedures).
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by mileshound
...should I have done this days ago?
You should do it now.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by eireman
Correct Nov 30 deadline
I don't see it anywhere in the link.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I don't see it anywhere in the link.
It's in the email BA sent me.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
We can change $30K in a year on 1 of the acounts
You could, but you don't have too, unless you want the companion ticket (i.e. you need 3 TATLs in business class, or 5 TATLs in economy), or want a BA mileage card for other reasons. Just spend $2K on each card, get 200K miles. We've applied for two cards.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:19 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Mrs Cap'n Benj is a US citizen but currently resides in the UK and is in my HHA

If I move her out of the HHA, back to her parents address, I assume that any redemption bookings we have made in her name, via the HHA, will be unaffected, is this the case?

I suspect as she has not earned in the US for nearly 2 years, she will be unlikely to reach the criteria for the card, its probably still worth a shot though as you never know. We have loads of dollar purchases that we need to make in the next 6 months, so having the card would be ideal.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:36 am

Hmm... such a good offer. Perhaps to make up for those of us bailing because of the seat policy and (?) after a Xmas strike???

Wonder how easy it is going to be to get those award tickets/upgrades with the massive number of miles this is going to add to the system.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:18 am

Hi all,

Do you guys know if we're eligible, if we are CURRENT CHASE CARDHOLDERS, with a different brand than BA? For exemple, I have a chase CO mastercard...

Also pondering applying for the card: most of my travel is to Paris, and although this is very attractive, I'd have to stop by LHR everytime, and pay lots of $$$ in taxes. Is this right?

Thanks a lot!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Benjh
Hi all,
I'd have to stop by LHR everytime, and pay lots of $$$ in taxes. Is this right?

Thanks a lot!
You may be able to fly direct on AA, no avoiding the surcharges etc though as far as Im aware.

Edit- Actually I don't think you can TATL, so ignore the bit about being able to fly AA
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
Also pondering applying for the card: most of my travel is to Paris, and although this is very attractive, I'd have to stop by LHR everytime, and pay lots of $$$ in taxes. Is this right?
Unless the APD makeover has changed things you won't pay it unless you stopover in London. A connection would allow you to skip it. You'd still be liable for BA's fuel surcharges but in my mind that's worth paying to get the better service that AA offer on the non-stop TATLs.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
Hi all,

Do you guys know if we're eligible, if we are CURRENT CHASE CARDHOLDERS, with a different brand than BA? For exemple, I have a chase CO mastercard...

Thanks a lot!
I have the United MP Plat card from Chase and was approved for and received a BA card with no issues. YMMV
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!
This only applies to Chase co-branded BA cards. You can have Chase UA or CO cards and that does not disqualify you.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:33 pm

My wife and I applied and we used the same email address.

I got an email thank you for applying right away and she did not get an email.

I called the automated application status line and it said they were processing her app.

Should I be concerned about her not getting the email? She really does not like to call on these things.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by drdes
Does anyone know if you can get this card if you have just moved to the US (ie no credit history there). I am moving to US (from UK) for 12 months and would love to get this card - however, not sure if I would be accepted for it
I believe I read some previous add for a BA Visa card from Chase (too long ago to be this one though) where they said it was good for expats without a long credit history as long as you have a salary. This is my situation as a temporary US resident: I already have a bank account with Chase, I have received graduate student salary for the past year and I have a credit card with CapitalOne (they tend not too be too picky with the length of the credit history) for the past 6 months. I also tried applying for a credit card with Target this summer and was rejected

I decided to give this card a shot, and to my surprise I was approved. I'd say it is definitely worth it to try it if you already receive a salary.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
My wife and I applied and we used the same email address.
It may be time to get her a free Google GMail account, which you can forward to your joint account if desired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.