Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:35 am

Any news on this?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:42 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all,

I can confirm if you were a previous cardholder and not a current cardholder, you will be eligible for the bonus miles if you apply (and subsequently are approved by Chase).

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi all, I can confirm if you were a previous cardholder and not a current cardholder, you will be eligible for the bonus miles if you apply (and subsequently are approved by Chase).

Kind regards, Dilly
That is great news, THANKS !
Just finished submitting my application.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Nov 11, 2009 at 9:23 pm
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Just a data point here but I signed up for the card last Friday and logging on to my Chase.com account I now see the card posted.

If you're looking for your approval status and have a Chase login, check out the website.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
I still haven't been able to work out if the dis-allowed existing cardholders are any Chase cardholders or only those hold BA branded loyalty cards?

What happens if you sign up but already hold a card that makes you ineligible for this promotion? Do they issue the new card, take your $75 fee and refuse to give you the miles?

It would certainly be nice to know up front rather than lose the miles or have a declined card show up on your credit report.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
another data point, I signed up on the first day, and yesterday received a request for address confirmation and I need to send in a bill or something with name and address.

Strange, since I have other Chase cards, well the one MP visa. Anyway, be on the lookout for further requirements for the application process
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SWA CP, SWA A list, Hyatt Platinum, Hhilton Gold, Makai Club
applied for Chase cc. Help with ?--do BA offer extra bonus with miles purchase often?

I tried the search function and google, but couldn't find the answer.

Have applied for Chase credit card, but hesitant to buy the other 20,000 needed until I have been approved as 20,000 alone not good for much and my
further planned travels on BA may only be late next year and there is not much one can do with 20,000 orphaned BA miles. Wouldn't want to waste $400-500 in the interim.

Is there likely to be another 25% bonus offer on miles?

Do they frequently offer bonus miles for miles purchases around the holidays?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
Hi all,

I can confirm if you were a previous cardholder and not a current cardholder, you will be eligible for the bonus miles if you apply (and subsequently are approved by Chase).

Kind regards,

Dilly
Hello,
Not quite clear on this... Is reference to "previous" and "current" cardholder specifically the holder of a BA branded Chase card or is it of ANY Chase card? E.g. - If I currently have a Chase United Mileage Plus Signature Card am I still eligible for this Chase BA Card bonus offer??

TIA!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by UAfan
Not quite clear on this... Is reference to "previous" and "current" cardholder specifically the holder of a BA branded Chase card or is it of ANY Chase card? E.g. - If I currently have a Chase United Mileage Plus Signature Card am I still eligible for this Chase BA Card bonus offer??
Thanks for asking that - that's exactly the question I've been trying to get at since last week.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Hello,

TIA!
Yes you are.
It applies specifically to previous or current Chase BA visa card.
You can have any other brands of Chase cards. You are eligible for each promotion only once (United Mileage, BA, etc)
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:43 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi,

I'm not sure but I will find out.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Hello,

TIA!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Hi,
I'm not sure but I will find out.

Kind regards,
Dilly
Oh NO, don't tell me NOW that you are not sure !
Old Nov 14, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Is there any way of using the companion award certificate for an open-jaw trip (e.g SFO-LHR-CDG return FRA-LHR-SFO) ?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:37 am

Translation please?

[QUOTE=Vegas;12780446]A couple of examples re. taxes and fuel surcharges :

DFW - LHR return (May 09) MFU from WT+ to CW using 25k miles - Taxes, fees and surcharges = $624 per person.

DFW - LHR return (Sept 09) MFU from CW to F using 50k miles - Taxes, fees and surcharges = $659 per person.

I have been using the site for awhile now, but still confused. Could someone please translate "MFU from WT+ to CW" ?

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:48 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Susan4
Could someone please translate "MFU from WT+ to CW" ?
Miles For Upgrade(s)

World Traveller Plus (premium economy)

Club World (long haul business)

EDIT: see also the Ultimate BA Guide list of acronyms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.