Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SWA CP, SWA A list, Hyatt Platinum, Hhilton Gold, Makai Club
It seems US members of BAEC get a signup bonus 4 new Chase credit card--100,000miles!

http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2...sign-up-bonus/

November 4, 2009, 11:39 AM
The Best Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Ever?
By JENNIFER SARANOW SCHULTZ
As Gary Leff reported in his View from the Wing blog, British Airways and Chase Card Services will soon be offering 100,000 miles to people who sign up for the British Airways Visa Signature card, possibly the most lucrative credit card sign-up bonus ever and equivalent to two round-trip coach tickets from North America to London.

Courtesy Chase Card Services
Chase plans to offer 100,000 miles to people who sign up for the British Airways Visa Signature card.
Generally, the best one can get by signing up for similar cards is 25,000 miles, though targeted offerings have occasionally gone a bit higher.

New cardholders will receive a bonus of 100,000 British Airways miles — 50,000 miles after their first purchase and another 50,000 after spending at least $2,000 in the first three months. The bonus will first be available Friday to existing members of the British Airways frequent flier program and will be open to a broader audience Nov. 16.

Existing card holders will also get new benefits including earning 1.25 miles for every $1 spent and 2.5 miles for every $1 spent on British Airways travel, up 25 percent from previous earning levels. They will also receive a companion redemption voucher for a trans-Atlantic flight if they spend $30,000 a year on the card. Those who sign-up for the card will also automatically become members of the airline’s frequent flier program, known as Executive Cl
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Great, I've had the card since 1993. Where's my 100,000 miles, or at least 100,000 minus my original sign up bonus. GRRRRRRRR
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:41 pm

I advise everybody w/a Chase BA Visa to carefully check your monthly state for a change in your APR.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
Life is all about timing. I finally applied and got my card in October. To quote the locals, darn!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Being lazy might have benefits. Wonder if it applies to each card new card holder? One for me, one for the wife!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by jkw76
Being lazy might have benefits. Wonder if it applies to each card new card holder? One for me, one for the wife!
Maybe, but remember - there's no such thing as a free lunch. Someone has to pay for those miles and ain't gonna be Chase....
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:02 pm

A 100,000 BAEC miles bonus is about what it would take for me to do business with Chase . . .
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:07 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Churn

Can you churn with Chase for BA miles? I closed my Chase BA account probably back in 2007.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:15 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
I'm not a frequent BA flyer but think this offer might be just too tempting. One questions for the experts: does BA charge fuel surcharges for partner awards? Or only for its own metal?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by nyc6035
Can you churn with Chase for BA miles? I closed my Chase BA account probably back in 2007.
I don't believe so.
I recently applied for a second card and was clearly told - one time bonus only (unlike AA and Citibank cards, which seem to have no limits)!
Doesn't hurt to try.
I wonder what their reply would be if I said that I will close the account unless they give me the additional 80,000 miles (I got 20,000 to start with a year ago)? Probably to take a hike.....
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:38 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Hi all,

I just wanted to post an update from BA on this.

More good news from British Airways. We recently announced new enhancements to the BA Visa Signature card including a 25 percent increase in the number of BA miles earned and a companion redemption voucher for a trans-Atlantic flight awarded to cardmembers who spend $30,000 per calendar year (which has been made retroactive to January 2009 for this calendar year so start planning those vacations!)

On November 6, BA and Chase are also offering existing US British Airways Executive Club members approved for the card a bonus 100,000 BA Miles. New cardmembers will receive 50,000 BA Miles after their first purchase, and another 50,000 miles after they spend at least $2,000 in the first three months.

The 100,000 BA miles is equivalent to the redemption value of two round trip trans-Atlantic reward flights or four domestic round trip tickets, so spread the word to fellow BA Executive Club members.

And, after November 16th, this offer will be available to non-BA Executive Club members so share the news with friends and family.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:43 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BA5211A
...carefully check your monthly state for a change in your APR.
If you do not carry a balance the APR is irrelevant. If you do carry a balance you should be choosing the card based on the interest rate, and it is likely you would not be using any card that awards airline miles.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: A few
Dilly - thanks this is great news. Quick question is the companion voucher for a reward ticket (a la the UK BA Amex which was my favorite ever airline card!) or a companion ticket on purchased?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi all,

I just wanted to post an update from BA on this.

More good news from British Airways. We recently announced new enhancements to the BA Visa Signature card including a 25 percent increase in the number of BA miles earned and a companion redemption voucher for a trans-Atlantic flight awarded to cardmembers who spend $30,000 per calendar year (which has been made retroactive to January 2009 for this calendar year so start planning those vacations!)

On November 6, BA and Chase are also offering existing US British Airways Executive Club members approved for the card a bonus 100,000 BA Miles. New cardmembers will receive 50,000 BA Miles after their first purchase, and another 50,000 miles after they spend at least $2,000 in the first three months.

The 100,000 BA miles is equivalent to the redemption value of two round trip trans-Atlantic reward flights or four domestic round trip tickets, so spread the word to fellow BA Executive Club members.

And, after November 16th, this offer will be available to non-BA Executive Club members so share the news with friends and family.

Kind regards,

Dilly
not cool BA not cool (inserts sequence of 4 letter words)

I don't know many people who spend 30k on vacations a year???

My luck continues
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
not cool BA not cool (inserts sequence of 4 letter words)
I don't know many people who spend $30k on vacations a year???
Me for one, pre baby! However, that is not what they are saying - they are saying you should plan a vacation FOR THE FUTURE using the free companion ticket BA will give you when you've spent $30k.

Anyway, the $30k is basically identical to the £20k requirement on the basic BA Amex here in the UK.

This is a truly amazing offer, though. Basically a free business class ticket to Europe (once you've paid $500 in taxes ). We need to get onto BMI and get them to raise their 24,000 miles bonus!

There goes any chance of getting availability for a UK/US award ticket for the next couple of years ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.