Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
Originally Posted by Susan4
Could someone please translate "MFU from WT+ to CW" ?
You pay with cash for premium economy and use miles to upgrade to business class. BA has an option to book both parts at the same time.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:14 pm

Thanks

Thanks! I did not see MFU in the acronym list.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Is there any way of using the companion award certificate for an open-jaw trip (e.g SFO-LHR-CDG return FRA-LHR-SFO) ?
Dilly, can you try to get an answer on this ? Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by HAM76
You pay with cash for premium economy and use miles to upgrade to business class. BA has an option to book both parts at the same time.
do you earn mileage for this kind of reservation?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
received my new Visa

i just received my new British Airways Visa Signature card today. I am not sure if I was approved for the card that will earn the 50,000 miles after first purchase, etc.

In the accompanying brochure, it states that this card earns 2.5 miles for every $1 spent on BA purchases and 1.25 miles for every $1 spent.

I guess I will have to call to find out if I got the card I wanted and not the 2nd place.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:38 pm

yeah!!!

Just confirmed with rep - I did get the offer. I last had a Chase British airways visa back in 2006 for about a year and eventually canceled. So to answer the question - yes, past cardholders can receive this card.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Wow, it is pretty CRAZY taxes and fees for travel. I just tried to find a booking from USA to London, SFO to LHR. for Business/Club class, 100000 miles, (which is what we should get from this promo) PLUS 625$ in FUEL SURCHARGES (somehow, the charges for business are more than economy but of course less than First class) and taxes and fees. Doesn't seem like much of a deal at all. I might just bail on the whole thing
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by jzafar
Just confirmed with rep - I did get the offer. I last had a Chase British airways visa back in 2006 for about a year and eventually canceled. So to answer the question - yes, past cardholders can receive this card.
Of course you can get the card, that isn't the issue. Getting the bonus is the question. Hopefully it'll work out.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Wow, it is pretty CRAZY taxes and fees for travel. I just tried to find a booking from USA to London, SFO to LHR. for Business/Club class, 100000 miles, (which is what we should get from this promo) PLUS 625$ in FUEL SURCHARGES (somehow, the charges for business are more than economy but of course less than First class) and taxes and fees. Doesn't seem like much of a deal at all. I might just bail on the whole thing
Use the miles on a partner award and avoid the fuel surcharge and taxes.

The 100k miles are good for 4 domestic milesaver awards on AA, that's not a bad deal.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by nmenaker
$625 in taxes and surcharges plus $75 for the card for a TATL CW seat and people are complaining. How much is BA selling these miles to Chase for? Plus will there be any TATL reward or MFU availability on BA at all for the next few years for NA EC members who actually earned their miles from flying BA if this card's offer takes off in a big way?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by jzafar
That is good to hear.
Just saw my BA card added to Chase list today.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:26 am

Does anyone know if you can get this card if you have just moved to the US (ie no credit history there). I am moving to US (from UK) for 12 months and would love to get this card - however, not sure if I would be accepted for it
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by drdes
Does anyone know if you can get this card if you have just moved to the US (ie no credit history there). I am moving to US (from UK) for 12 months and would love to get this card - however, not sure if I would be accepted for it
Sorry I can't answer your question, however I found the easier route to a US credit card was to get AMEX to open a US account based on my UK history with them. Once I had the US Amex a lot more doors opened. Sometime over the next few months it will allegedly be possible to transfer US MR points to BA miles which will help, though not with the Chase 100k bonus.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by chuckd
Of course you can get the card, that isn't the issue. Getting the bonus is the question. Hopefully it'll work out.

Chuckd - yes, I meant to say offer.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Bonvoy, Chase BA
I would agree with bernardd in taking the Amex route using their Global Transfer system. Creating a US credit history can typically take 18 - 24 months but the Amex route shortcuts that somewhat. Putting the Chase card to one side, getting a credit history quickly helps enormously as so many things are dependent on this in terms of rates (car insurance being one).

As for BA earning outside of the Chase card, look at the American Express Starwood Preferred.

Originally Posted by drdes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.