Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Wait a minute here sparky. Are people NOW saying that having had ANY CHASE signature card in the past is going to rule out the 50+50 qualification. Then this would make no sense. It clearly didn't say that on the T&C's on the website.
No one is saying that, other than post 235 which indicates a misreading of the statement in post 234 (as suggested in post 236). So chances are there's nothing to worry about in that regard.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Has anyone received their card and received the initial 50K miles yet
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Yes. The 50,000 points appeared in my BA account about 3 days after I made the first purchase.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:07 pm

Yes. The 50,000 points appeared in my BA account about 3 days after I made the first purchase.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:08 pm

Just recd. the platinum card (it doesn't say plat anywhere; I assume it is as it certainly is not the signature). Has anyone with the plat already got the first purchase 50k bonus? Based on BAmemberUSD2009's posts, I am a bit apprehensive of using the card, not getting the bonus and still having to pay the annual fee.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Lucky you. I made my first purchase 3 weeks ago - no miles yet (and I could sure use them). In fact, I've charged my $2,000 already for the second 50,000 miles.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:57 pm

I have checked a little further. Because I called and arranged for my monthly statement to close on the 22nd of each month (a feature they offer), my statement closed just about a week after I received the card. I had made only one purchase. That 50,000 bonus posted with the closing of my monthly statement on the 22nd and BA shows they were posted to my EC account on the 24th. So, it has less to do with luck that with the closing date of your monthly statement.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:07 pm

I have checked a little further. Because I called and arranged for my monthly statement to close on the 22nd of each month (a feature they offer), my statement closed just about a week after I received the card. I had made only one purchase. That 50,000 bonus posted with the closing of my monthly statement on the 22nd and BA shows they were posted to my EC account on the 24th. So, it has less to do with luck that with the closing date of your monthly statement.
Do you have a signature card or a plat?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:08 pm

Good point. They offered this to me during the card activation process on the phone (before the payment protector sales pitch). Anyone in a rush to get the 50,000 might consider this a strategy. (I have signature card; by default 15th of the month was statement closing date)
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
My statement was supposed to close today (12/7), but it hasn't. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after, then.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:51 pm

[QUOTE=ba.com helper;12770236]

On November 6, BA and Chase are also offering existing US British Airways Executive Club members approved for the card a bonus 100,000 BA Miles. New cardmembers will receive 50,000 BA Miles after their first purchase, and another 50,000 miles after they spend at least $2,000 in the first three months.

Hi all,

I have been a BA Visa Signature card holder since 2007 and am very excited from the recent buzz with this card! ^

Question:

Has any existing BA Visa Signature card holders receive their 100 000 miles yet? I was looking at my latest statement (4th Dec.) and it hasn't post? perhaps just impatient on my end but I am just curious if anyone knows the time line.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by bacxow
Originally Posted by ba.com helper

On November 6, BA and Chase are also offering existing US British Airways Executive Club members approved for the card a bonus 100,000 BA Miles. New cardmembers will receive 50,000 BA Miles after their first purchase, and another 50,000 miles after they spend at least $2,000 in the first three months.

Hi all,

I have been a BA Visa Signature card holder since 2007 and am very excited from the recent buzz with this card! ^

Question:

Has any existing BA Visa Signature card holders receive their 100 000 miles yet? I was looking at my latest statement (4th Dec.) and it hasn't post? perhaps just impatient on my end but I am just curious if anyone knows the time line.
I believe the offer is only for NEW BA Visa accounts. I don't think your card from '07 will qualify.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Do you have a signature card or a plat?
Signature card
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I believe the offer is only for NEW BA Visa accounts. I don't think your card from '07 will qualify.
Mr. B,

You are right! Looking back at Dilly's post (#71), I can't believe I misread the text. I thought they (BA & Chase) will give existing card holders something.. I guess I saw what I wanted to see =p

g-u-t-t-e-d.

Oh well, better make sure I spend 30k by 12/31/09 to trigger the redemption 2-4-1.

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:26 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Just a note on my experience with this card. I have other Chase cc products. I heard that Chase will only allow one card app per 6 month window. I had gotten a Priority Club card from them not too long ago. I applied for a Continental card the same week that info came out about this BA card. I applied for the BA card anyway. The Cont. and BA apps had a delayed response. Got the Cont. card and with it a reduction in my credit limit on my SWA signature Visa and the closure of of Amtrak card. Both bummers as I was about to use the SW card for the Citi bank account opening miles and transfer some Cont. miles through Amtrak and Choice Privileges to SW. So I called and got a rep to activate the Cont. card and she explained that based on income they thought I had enough total credit line and had enough on the SW card and didn't use the Amtrak card ect. So my point with her was that I need the Amtrak card and she could reallocate some the credit to it...even a few hundred. She said she coudn't do that and I insisted on speaking to a supervisor at which point she suddenly could help me and did.
Thought all that did not bode well for the BA card, but I got it too. It is a regular Visa and I confirmed that it will give the bonus sign up and spend miles. The rep asked how I was planning to get the $2K spend...which I thought rather cheeky of her to ask. Paying my property taxes with it I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.