FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1004128-ba-chase-visa-signature-card-usa-travel-together-questions-master-thread.html)

husseinbadr Oct 9, 2009 7:50 am

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

From my latest monthly statement: :

"You earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases and 1.25 BA Milesfor every $1 you spend on all other purchases."

(My comment: this is an increase from 2 and 1 miles, respectively.)

Calling Chase to enquire, I was told that this is a "promotion" (effective with the new monthly cycle just starting -- my earnings for this past cycle were calculated at the old rate), and they referred me to BAEC for further details. BAEC said it was a Chase thing and referred me back to Chase.

Anybody know anything about this? Is this a permanent change? A time-limited promotion? If so, till when? (No time limit is indicated on the statement.)

Blue Box Flynn Oct 9, 2009 8:00 am

First ive heard of it - will e interested to se if I get the same offer - might be a response to the iminent availability to turn Amex Membership Rewards into BA miles here in the US of A

Blue Box Flynn Oct 9, 2009 8:03 am

When I log in its still showing as:

Earn 2 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases
Earn 1 BA Mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases

husseinbadr Oct 9, 2009 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn (Post 12582470)
When I log in its still showing as:

Earn 2 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases
Earn 1 BA Mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases

Same here -- on the Chase web site. But my "paper" monthly statement (or the pdf version thereof, under the "paperless" option), says otherwise. That's why I called. Incidentally, previous statements don't say anything at all -- that's what caught my eye.

(I know from past bitter experience -- won't bore you with the details; they're not relevant here -- that Chase treat the paper statement as the gospel in the event of conflicts between what the statement and web site say. That's why I always make a point of looking over my "paper" statements when they're posted).

Man_Utd_Fan Oct 9, 2009 8:23 am

Hmmm wonder if the tickets I bought on weds. will get this deal. I haven't recieved a statement yet, but when I do I'll see if it says the same and post it.

Blue Box Flynn Oct 9, 2009 8:23 am

Due to get my new statement on the 11th so will keep an eye out and post what appears on here

Man_Utd_Fan Oct 9, 2009 8:36 am

This maybe a dumb ? but since I just signed up for this card last month and It's my first ever cc thought I'd ask it since you all have the same card. How long does it take to post the account balance? I came within $12 of my limit buying the tickets and want to pay them off because it's due by the 17th. The available left says $12 so I know they have recieved it but I'm wondering if it's taking longer because they are making sure it's not fraud?

Blue Box Flynn Oct 9, 2009 8:44 am

I found it to be pretty much standard timeframes for charges and payments to post - just make sure that when you organised the payment that you set the earliest available date as from what I remember, It will default to a couple of days in the future from the date you sign in (working days)

An example from my acc is as follows:

I set a up a payment to Chase from my HSBC acc on 28th Sept and it was taken from my HSBC acc on the 29th - available balance was updated same day

Man_Utd_Fan Oct 9, 2009 8:53 am

Got it thanks dude ^

Vegas Oct 9, 2009 1:50 pm

Received a Chase / BA flyer in the post last week offering 5 x BA miles for all BA purchases, gas, groceries and dining. Offer good from 10/01 through 12/31 with a max of 12,500 bonus miles. I maxed it out immediately with my IAH LHR return.

ba.com helper Oct 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Hi all,

Your eyes weren't mistaking you - we have permanently increased the earn rate 25% on dollars spent on British Airways Chase Visa card. The new program, which begins November 4th, means you will earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases and 1.25 BA miles for every $1 you spend on all other purchases. The program will include several additional value-added enhancements. Existing cardholders will receive official communication about these exciting enhancements before November 4. So stay tuned and until then, thanks for the enthusiasm.

Kind regards,

Dilly

MorganB Oct 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by ba.com helper (Post 12595821)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Hi all,

Your eyes weren't mistaking you - we have permanently increased the earn rate 25% on dollars spent on British Airways Chase Visa card. The .new program, which begins November 4th, .means you will earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases and 1.25 BA miles for every $1 you spend on all other purchases.. The program will include several additional value-added enhancements.. Existing cardholders will receive official communication about these exciting enhancements before November 4. So stay tuned and until then, thanks for the enthusiasm.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Fantastic! I have had this card since 1993 and have found it to be one of the most boring cards when it comes to promotions. I am glad to see BA paying attention to the card.

husseinbadr Oct 11, 2009 3:46 am

Originally Posted by ba.com helper (Post 12595821)

Hi all,
[......]
Dilly

Good news! ^ Thank you for your reply.

BCH Oct 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Had BA visa card long time ago? Can I get still get bonus for getting a new one?

Hello. I had a BA Visa card from Chase many years ago, but closed it a few years back. Now I am tempted by the new sign-up bonus offers to open another card. Since I'm not currently a cardholder, will I be eligible for the bonus points?

Anyone with experience with this?

OPebble Oct 12, 2009 12:06 am

Only one way to find out! ;)