Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by rexb
Now being reported in the New York Times...

http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...nup-bonus-ever
My God, the comments section for that article is hilarious. You can really, really tell you are not on FT over there.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by travelmad478
My God, the comments section for that article is hilarious. You can really, really tell you are not on FT over there.
Only one informed comment in the bunch (the one that pointed out 100K miles is worth one business class TATL round trip).
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Bonvoy, Chase BA
Are Chase as vigilant as Amex UK are on the domicile of the member account?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:32 am

BA Signature Chase Card - application question?

I got an email today from Chase offering 50,000 bonus miles for their BA Signature card. I ready the T&C's and it states that if I am not approved for the Signature card I would be automatically be considered for the BA Platinum Card.

My question is would this platinum card be entitled to the same 50,000 bonus offer?

Thanks
Sic
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
I wonder if anyone got approved already. I could not find a number to check the application status.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Bonvoy, Chase BA
According the email we received we will be notified by mail in 15 - 20 days.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by ssing
I wonder if anyone got approved already. I could not find a number to check the application status.
Courtesy of teammjs

800-945-2006

then press #, the 1, then enter your SSN.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by RedSox
Courtesy of teammjs

800-945-2006

then press #, the 1, then enter your SSN.
Not convinced that it's a good idea to dial a phone number listed on a message board from my home phone and then enter my SSN.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Not convinced that it's a good idea to dial a phone number listed on a message board from my home phone and then enter my SSN.
I understand your caution. If you decide not to use it, that's your prerogative. Google or reverse lookup the number if it makes you more comfortable.

If you have an on line Chase account already, the new card will get added to your profile within a couple of days of approval. You can check that way.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the BA Board, sicce
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by sicce
I got an email today from Chase offering 50,000 bonus miles for their BA Signature card. I ready the T&C's and it states that if I am not approved for the Signature card I would be automatically be considered for the BA Platinum Card.

My question is would this platinum card be entitled to the same 50,000 bonus offer?

Thanks
Sic
Welcome to FT.

Review the T&C's again, they shouldn't specify BA Visa Signature Card or BA Platinum Card. The should only say Visa Signature Card and Platinum Card.

You should get the bonus miles no matter which card you're approved for.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:59 am

Questions/Need help

I asked the foloowing on another thread here on FT with no responses. Maybe one of you would know the answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read through both whole thread(s).... Here's my question. I live in Memphis.

Neither BA or AA have have "convenient" itineraries to Europe, or Hawaii, both places I will be going within the next year.

Question, I really like the fewer miles it takes to get via AA. How easy would it be for me to redeem miles from MEM to BCN via AA or MEM to Hawaii via with this promo? Is it an advantage or disadvantage (if one doesnt mind the many more stops in order to use fewer miles) to be in a city NOT like NYC that does have direct BA flights?

Would they try to put me on AA automatically, or BA automatically? DO I use the AA "miles required" grid to figure it out and try to make my own itinerary on all AA, and then call in for how many miles it would take?

Just trying to fugure out if its worth it. Memphis is a expensive place to fly anywhere to.

I am so confused....

I should add, I am looking at redemption in "coach" class of service ( if that makes any difference in the answer).
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by stan1162
How easy would it be for me to redeem miles from MEM to BCN via AA or MEM to Hawaii via with this promo? Is it an advantage or disadvantage (if one doesnt mind the many more stops in order to use fewer miles) to be in a city NOT like NYC that does have direct BA flights?

Would they try to put me on AA automatically, or BA automatically? DO I use the AA "miles required" grid to figure it out and try to make my own itinerary on all AA, and then call in for how many miles it would take?
I don't know if this helps but if you're going to BCN, the transatlantic portion between the US and UK must be on BA. Otherwise whether you use BA miles or AA miles for an AA flight, it should be equally easy or difficult, since they come out of the same inventory of awards.

If you're only focused on the 2-for-1 portion of the promo, that is for BA mainline flights only. So you'd have to buy a ticket to DFW or somewhere BA flies, and then use the 2-for-1 on BA.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:01 am

Does anyone know if this British Airways promotion will be available to Canadian residents in the future?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:54 am

I received the e-mail on the Visa promo over the weekend. I plan on signing up for it as it will be very easy to get the 100k miles. Heck, will probably have my wife sign up as well and end up with 200k miles btwn the two of us.

Only problem I had during sign up was getting the confirmation after hitting the submit button. I am not a member of BA's FF program and it wouldn't confirm w/o me inputting a FF #. So I went and signed up and got a membership #.

(I only signed up for BA's e-mails on special fares, etc, never joined the FF program.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.