Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Raffles
Anyway, the $30k is basically identical to the £20k requirement on the basic BA Amex here in the UK.

This is a truly amazing offer, though. Basically a free business class ticket to Europe (once you've paid $500 in taxes ). We need to get onto BMI and get them to raise their 24,000 miles bonus!

There goes any chance of getting availability for a UK/US award ticket for the next couple of years ....
Now if there were to be a similar offer when the US AMEX FINALLY links to US Exec Club BA would certainly be full of folks on Award tickets....
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I'm not a BAEC member yet. Would it be beneficial to sign up in advance of applying for this Chase card?

Any news or speculation as to whether BA miles will ever be usable on AA flights (since I live in a city not served by BA)?

Thank you.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by bernardd
Now if there were to be a similar offer when the US AMEX FINALLY links to US Exec Club BA would certainly be full of folks on Award tickets....
I am looking forward to that, too. I have never bothered to get the BA Visa, but 100,000 miles definitely gets my attention. With both credit card opportunities for BA miles working for me, plus my 125K or so per year in travel-generated miles, I might finally start splashing out for awards above the WT+ level! It will be cake to get $30K in annual spend (I charge all business travel to my personal cards), so the companion award certificate will really be a major bonus for me--well, for Mr travelmad478 .

Thanks BA!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Any news or speculation as to whether BA miles will ever be usable on AA flights (since I live in a city not served by BA)?
BA miles are already usable on any non-TATL AA flight. If you want to do a TATL, you can use BA miles on AA to get yourself to a BA-served airport. This may be a giant PITA and not worth it, but it's not an insurmountable problem.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Indeed.

5 minutes ago I moved from Germany to the United States!

Originally Posted by Unique name?
Life is all about timing.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
There goes any chance of getting availability for a UK/US award ticket for the next couple of years ....
Indeed, this is my concern. On MIA-LHR-MIA it has long been true that VS has better business class award availability than BA, even though BA has two (or three) flights per day while VS operates only one. Still, I hope that with the flexibility to mix n'match one-way redemptions on AA, BA and VS I can extend my streak of consecutive transatlantic award redemptions.

It will be interesting to see how Chase markets the refreshed card. I will be surprised if they do not go after Citi and Bank of America by emphasizing the ability to redeem for domestic travel on American and Alaska. If this campaign succeeds it might take some of the pressure off transatlantic.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ba.com helper

On November 6, BA and Chase are also offering existing US British Airways Executive Club members approved for the card a bonus 100,000 BA Miles. New cardmembers will receive 50,000 BA Miles after their first purchase, and another 50,000 miles after they spend at least $2,000 in the first three months.

The 100,000 BA miles is equivalent to the redemption value of two round trip trans-Atlantic reward flights or four domestic round trip tickets, so spread the word to fellow BA Executive Club members.

And, after November 16th, this offer will be available to non-BA Executive Club members so share the news with friends and family.

Kind regards,

Dilly
WOW! Is this for a limited time?

Is there a promo code or anything that needs to be put in when applying? The website doesn't say anything about this.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Seated in First
The website doesn't say anything about this.
However the other part of the post you quoted did explicitly say the offer started on November 6th....
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: BA, VS, CO, WN, AA
Originally Posted by bernardd
However the other part of the post you quoted did explicitly say the offer started on November 6th....
I think they were asking if there is an end date... for example "you must sign up for the card before December 31" etc.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
The promo is live:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Questions for Dilly

And, after November 16th, this offer will be available to non-BA Executive Club members so share the news with friends and family.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Thanks very much for this news. I'm just a bit confused about the line I quote. The card offer just went online and the T&C says: "You must be a member of the British Airways Executive Club programme. If you are not already a member, you will be enrolled automatically if you are approved for the British Airways Visa."

This indicates that someone could apply and, if approved, automatically get the Exec Club membership, whereas you statement says they have to wait until Nov. 16th (though in any event couldn't someone just join the Exec Club and then immediately apply for the card?). Am I missing something here, or is your info inconsistent with the T&C?

Also, I have a BA Chase Visa card, but it's not a Signature card. Any chance of my qualifying for this offer?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:06 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by Seated in First
WOW! Is this for a limited time?

Is there a promo code or anything that needs to be put in when applying? The website doesn't say anything about this.
Hi,

I am not sure and will try and find out.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:18 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Thunderroad, I'll find out and post here.

Kind regards,

Dilly

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks very much for this news. I'm just a bit confused about the line I quote. The card offer just went online and the T&C says: "You must be a member of the British Airways Executive Club programme. If you are not already a member, you will be enrolled automatically if you are approved for the British Airways Visa."

This indicates that someone could apply and, if approved, automatically get the Exec Club membership, whereas you statement says they have to wait until Nov. 16th (though in any event couldn't someone just join the Exec Club and then immediately apply for the card?). Am I missing something here, or is your info inconsistent with the T&C?

Also, I have a BA Chase Visa card, but it's not a Signature card. Any chance of my qualifying for this offer?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:24 pm

Thunderroad, I'll find out and post here.
Hi Dilly,

The sentence "This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer." is somewhat ambiguous. Does this mean, as Thunderroad asked, a BA branded card, a BA branded signature card, or any Chase product?

Thanks,

Bernard
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I understand that Chase wants to attract new customers, but how is this fair to their "old & loyal" customers? Unless getting sha**ed is considered fair by Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.