Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The December statements for our two BA Chase cards included "bonus miles" for both me (3,325 miles) and my spouse (6,023 miles).

We have no clue what we did to "earn" these miles (there were no BA ticket transactions during the statement periods).

For obvious reasons, I don't want to call BA or Chase to question their judgment.

Anybody have a guess? Has anyone else seen these "bonus miles"? Thanks!
Mystery solved: The bonus miles are from a targeted double-miles promotion that ran during August, September, and October --- and the promotional miles just got posted to our accounts.

I know this because we just received another targeted promotion that gives us double miles for January, February, and March.

A nice surprise.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:30 pm

The December statements for our two BA Chase cards included "bonus miles" for both me (3,325 miles) and my spouse (6,023 miles).

We have no clue what we did to "earn" these miles (there were no BA ticket transactions during the statement periods).

For obvious reasons, I don't want to call BA or Chase to question their judgment.

Anybody have a guess? Has anyone else seen these "bonus miles"? Thanks!
There was a promotion, I believe for double miles, for certain types of travel expenses incurred over the last few months. I received bonus miles as well.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by travelmad478
The fact that companion vouchers will only be usable on BA metal is OK for me--we take plenty of these flights anyway.
Looking for confirmation . . . Am I correct in assuming that using the 2for1 from North America requires using a BA gateway city?

For instance, if I were interested in departing from Memphis, I would have to get to Dallas or Chicago or Atlanta on my own and not with an AA flight in order to use the cert.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:02 am

It is right there in the Terms & Conditions: " Redemption Flights and Redemption Vouchers may only be used for flights on British Airways mainline service, which have a BA prefixed flight number. Travel on franchise, codeshare or alliance airlines is not permitted."

Link: www.ba.com/redeemfor1travelfor2
Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Does anyone know the best way to ascertain WHEN the 90 period for the 2K spend starts?

AND, can one do some sort of balance transfer AFTER sign-up, for a month and have that count towards the 2K?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Does anyone know the best way to ascertain WHEN the 90 period for the 2K spend starts?

AND, can one do some sort of balance transfer AFTER sign-up, for a month and have that count towards the 2K?
1. From approval date
2. BT count towards the $2K but not towards the $30K (to get the companion free ticket)

All the answers are in this huge thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...hase-visa.html
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GfL
Whom to call...and when? (second 50K not posted)

I've now fulfilled all of the conditions for the second 50K miles to post. My first Chase statement has been issued (last week of December) and paid. Interestingly, I crossed the $2000 mark by charging a BA ticket, and the points from that ticket (2.5x per dollar of BA spend) have already posted. But I'm still waiting for the 50K bonus from that spending.

Do I call Chase or BA? And how long should I hold out before calling?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 3:35 pm
mlm

Quote:

1. From approval date
2. BT count towards the $2K but not towards the $30K (to get the companion free ticket
Shouldn't the 3 month start when you receive the card and call to activate it ?? I took me at least 3 weeks to even receive my card once I applied on line ????
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by mlm
Quote:

Shouldn't the 3 month start when you receive the card and call to activate it ?? I took me at least 3 weeks to even receive my card once I applied on line ????
That would be logical..... but wrong. The deadline is 93 days from the approval date. I wouldn't recommend testing this rule.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlm
Quote:
It does not take 3 weeks to receive the card once it is approved. 7 to 10 days are normal. Almost all cards that have spending requirement to receive bonuses work the same way - the clock starts from the date of approval.

That would be logical..... but wrong. The deadline is 93 days from the approval date. I wouldn't recommend testing this rule.
Agree.

Given it to me, I would try to meet the requirement in the 2nd billing cycle the latest instead of last 1/3 of the period.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelmad478
I've now fulfilled all of the conditions for the second 50K miles to post. My first Chase statement has been issued (last week of December) and paid. Interestingly, I crossed the $2000 mark by charging a BA ticket, and the points from that ticket (2.5x per dollar of BA spend) have already posted. But I'm still waiting for the 50K bonus from that spending.

Do I call Chase or BA? And how long should I hold out before calling?
Send a secured email to Chase, if your $2000 threshold is passed during the first statement yet only 50K shows up on your Chase statement.

It seems the bonuses are processed by batches and if one's statement date missed a batch process, the posting would be delayed to next billing cycle.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 6:09 pm
mlm

Maybe December wasn't the best time to apply. I checked my original application date, got an email "thank you for applying" and I'd be notified when approved. I received approval email 20 days later and my card arrived 3 days after this. There's more than 3 weeks lost when I could have been spending.
Other credit cards give an immediate approval while you're still on line after completing the application. I guess Chase does things differently. I will spend and not test their dates. I should complete 2k by 2nd statement.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
100,000 miles for $2,000 on new credit card

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/tray

You get 50,000 miles on sign up and 50,000 if you spend $2,000 in three months.

Is this worth it? I'm normally an AAdvantage person, but am debating on getting this. I only would if this many miles would get a business class ticket from ORD-LHR. Can someone please tell me if 100k miles can get a TATL business ticket? Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

Please take a look at the 'Ultimate Guide' sticky which has a lot of information, including Spending Miles
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
the answer is yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.