Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold

From my latest monthly statement: :

"You earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases and 1.25 BA Milesfor every $1 you spend on all other purchases."

(My comment: this is an increase from 2 and 1 miles, respectively.)

Calling Chase to enquire, I was told that this is a "promotion" (effective with the new monthly cycle just starting -- my earnings for this past cycle were calculated at the old rate), and they referred me to BAEC for further details. BAEC said it was a Chase thing and referred me back to Chase.

Anybody know anything about this? Is this a permanent change? A time-limited promotion? If so, till when? (No time limit is indicated on the statement.)
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum (+LTG)
First ive heard of it - will e interested to se if I get the same offer - might be a response to the iminent availability to turn Amex Membership Rewards into BA miles here in the US of A
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:03 am

When I log in its still showing as:

Earn 2 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases
Earn 1 BA Mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blue Box Flynn
When I log in its still showing as:

Earn 2 BA Miles for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases
Earn 1 BA Mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Same here -- on the Chase web site. But my "paper" monthly statement (or the pdf version thereof, under the "paperless" option), says otherwise. That's why I called. Incidentally, previous statements don't say anything at all -- that's what caught my eye.

(I know from past bitter experience -- won't bore you with the details; they're not relevant here -- that Chase treat the paper statement as the gospel in the event of conflicts between what the statement and web site say. That's why I always make a point of looking over my "paper" statements when they're posted).
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Hmmm wonder if the tickets I bought on weds. will get this deal. I haven't recieved a statement yet, but when I do I'll see if it says the same and post it.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:23 am

Due to get my new statement on the 11th so will keep an eye out and post what appears on here
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:36 am

This maybe a dumb ? but since I just signed up for this card last month and It's my first ever cc thought I'd ask it since you all have the same card. How long does it take to post the account balance? I came within $12 of my limit buying the tickets and want to pay them off because it's due by the 17th. The available left says $12 so I know they have recieved it but I'm wondering if it's taking longer because they are making sure it's not fraud?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:44 am

I found it to be pretty much standard timeframes for charges and payments to post - just make sure that when you organised the payment that you set the earliest available date as from what I remember, It will default to a couple of days in the future from the date you sign in (working days)

An example from my acc is as follows:

I set a up a payment to Chase from my HSBC acc on 28th Sept and it was taken from my HSBC acc on the 29th - available balance was updated same day
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:53 am

Got it thanks dude ^
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Received a Chase / BA flyer in the post last week offering 5 x BA miles for all BA purchases, gas, groceries and dining. Offer good from 10/01 through 12/31 with a max of 12,500 bonus miles. I maxed it out immediately with my IAH LHR return.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 3:42 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Hi all,

Your eyes weren't mistaking you - we have permanently increased the earn rate 25% on dollars spent on British Airways Chase Visa card. The new program, which begins November 4th, means you will earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases and 1.25 BA miles for every $1 you spend on all other purchases. The program will include several additional value-added enhancements. Existing cardholders will receive official communication about these exciting enhancements before November 4. So stay tuned and until then, thanks for the enthusiasm.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Hi all,

Your eyes weren't mistaking you - we have permanently increased the earn rate 25% on dollars spent on British Airways Chase Visa card. The .new program, which begins November 4th, .means you will earn 2.5 BA Miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases and 1.25 BA miles for every $1 you spend on all other purchases.. The program will include several additional value-added enhancements.. Existing cardholders will receive official communication about these exciting enhancements before November 4. So stay tuned and until then, thanks for the enthusiasm.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Fantastic! I have had this card since 1993 and have found it to be one of the most boring cards when it comes to promotions. I am glad to see BA paying attention to the card.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ba.com helper

Hi all,
[......]
Dilly
Good news! ^ Thank you for your reply.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:56 pm
BCH

Had BA visa card long time ago? Can I get still get bonus for getting a new one?

Hello. I had a BA Visa card from Chase many years ago, but closed it a few years back. Now I am tempted by the new sign-up bonus offers to open another card. Since I'm not currently a cardholder, will I be eligible for the bonus points?

Anyone with experience with this?

Last edited by BCH; Oct 12, 2009 at 3:00 pm
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:06 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Only one way to find out!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.