FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]
Old Nov 29, 2009, 4:40 pm
Mr. Bean

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by BAmemberUSD2009
Mmmm, I just called both Chase and BA separately, and they both said only the signature card qualifies for the 100k bonus miles. I even spoke to people at the supervisor level.

Also, someone in my family applied for the signature card but didn't get it, so I was curious and read the terms and conditions that came in the mail for the regular card they did get, and nowhere does it mention the 100k bonus miles.
The bonuses are not mentioned anywhere other than online. I do not have the Signature card myself, but I was told that it qualified for both bonuses during the activation process.

I do personally know others who have received the Signature card and the bonuses are not mentioned anywhere. In fact, one of the agents did not even mention the bonuses during activation when one of the persons asked them. Also, one was able to get confirmation of first year fee waived, other was not...

The CSRs are not always helpful. Some of them just try to sell their account protection product and are useless at answering/confirming questions you may have about the offer. Others are very helpful.

Why not try calling back and see what information another agent will give?

Also, I'm not sure that BA is really involved since Chase are the ones who will technically give you those miles (purchased from BA, of course).