Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by dqdude
Firrst class option is unavailable before I even pick a date. It's as if First Class bookings are no longer available with a companion certificate
Yes, I understand what you're saying and I cannot explain it but before you start investing your time in understanding the problem it would be worth checking whether there's any availability at the moment for the routes/dates you want. If there is, my suggestion would be to call and book it as a priority.

I also see the same problem that you do so I'm guessing it's another BA IT problem.

Last edited by golfmad; Apr 12, 2022 at 7:18 pm
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:51 pm

Firrst class option is unavailable before I even pick a date. It's as if First Class bookings are no longer available with a companion certificate
For what its worth, I just did a dummy booking with a Chase companion voucher, and I was able to select First Class.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
For what its worth, I just did a dummy booking with a Chase companion voucher, and I was able to select First Class.
Interesting. I have tried it in both Chrome and Safari. Here's what I see with and without the Companion Voucher selected. Without it, I see all classes in the dropdown. With the voucher selected I see what I suspect the OP sees which is all classes up to and including Business. I don't use Chrome very often so I cleared the cache in that browser but it didn't make any difference.

Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
Thanks for the info everyone. I'll contact BA and Chase and see what they say.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:05 am

Golfmad, using your screenshot, I replicated your search (JFK-LHR, 9/15/22, companion voucher), using Safari, and I could see all four classes of service.

The mystery continues.....
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
Golfmad, using your screenshot, I replicated your search (JFK-LHR, 9/15/22, companion voucher), using Safari, and I could see all four classes of service.

The mystery continues.....
Interesting.... for those of you that cannot see first class.. Was your companion certificates experation date extended because of covid?

Or those of you who see first class... Were your experation dates extended because of covid?

My certificate was extended and expires this July.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:17 am

Interesting.... for those of you that cannot see first class.. Was your companion certificates experation date extended because of covid?

Or those of you who see first class... Were your experation dates extended because of covid?

My certificate was extended and expires this July.
I have two vouchers, one was extended and the other is a new voucher (not extended), and I can see First Class with both.
golfmad likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:23 am

I have two vouchers, one was extended and the other is a new voucher (not extended), and I can see First Class with both.
That blows up that theory 😂

​​BTW... Gig Harbor here
golfmad likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
If you select Business/Club do the availability results not show WTP, Club, & First anyway? Or are the results only showing WT, WTP & Club?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
If you select Business/Club do the availability results not show WTP, Club, & First anyway? Or are the results only showing WT, WTP & Club?
Well, this is weird. I tried a sequence of actions based on your suggestion and the problem has resolved itself for me. I thought your suggestion was a good one so I entered a similar search again and only offered me up to Business as before. The search generated an error because the flight I chose (LHR-JFK) didn't originate in the USA. I changed the search to JFK-LHR and First was back in the selection list. I changed it back to LHR-JFK and now First is showing in the list there too. BA's IT is a law unto itself!

JAXBA and Steve in Olympia like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:43 pm

I am now able to select first class as an option. I did contact both ba and chase today. Not sure if that made a difference. However I'm getting the attached error
Old May 11, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Got this in the mail yesterday..

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1Earn 5 Avios on Eligible Flights and 3 Avios on Hotel Purchases:

For existing cardmembers as of 1/1/21

You'll earn 5 Avios total for each $1 spent on flight purchases made directly with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia and LEVEL from 01/01/2021 to 06/30/2022, that's 2 Avios on top of the 3 you already earn on those purchases. You'll also earn 3 Avios total for each $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel from 01/01/2021 to 06/30/2022, that's 1 Avios on top of the 2 Avios you already earn on those purchases.

Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar
Just got an offer for the Chase card with 100,000 Avios bonus ($5,000 spend first 3 months). Wondering if anyone knows whether paying my federal income tax via something like Pay1040.com still counts as eligible spend. I've done this in the past, but that was several years ago. Would certainly make qualifying a lot easier.
OK - took them up on the offer and got the card . I activated it on (IIRC) about April 5. Got first bill (mail) with a due date of May 20. Paid that and latest bill is due June 20.

I have about $4k on the card already (need $5K for bonus) so I tried to figure out when the "first three months" ran out. Nothing in the printed matter I got with the card addressed this issue - just the statement "within the first three months"

Planning on the spend to make to required amount, but a 'drop dead' date would certainly be helpful. So I gave Chase a call. A very helpful young lady took my info and looked it up. Boom!

It turns out, Chase considers the clock as started when they mail the card!. So, I've gotta get the last grand or so on the books by June 27. Looks like I can do it without any FT-type folderol, but that really surprised me.

Just a word to the wise.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by BigLar
OK - took them up on the offer and got the card I tried to figure out when the "first three months" ran out It turns out, Chase considers the clock as started when they mail the card!
I've just assume the clock starts ticking the day I'm approved for the card - they usually mail it out within a day or so.

I keep a spreadsheet that tracks when I applied, when I need to get the sign-up bonus(es) by (especially when it's spend x within 3M and another x within 6M or whatever) - and then the date when I closed the card (so I know when to reapply 2yrs later if I want). Especially useful in 2 player mode:

Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I have round trip Avios reservations in Club World DEN-LHR in October. I will decide about 3 weeks in advance of the DEN-LHR leg whether we want to return on BA from LHR. Will I be able to cancel the return and still keep the DEN -LHR reservation, knowing that I will be charged double the Avois vs. using the companion voucher? I just don't want to lose the DEN-LHR space by doing this as award seats are no longer available. Can I cancel the return after we have flown the DEN-LHR leg and still get back the taxes and fees for the return leg?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.