Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nrr
Will there then be a TEMPORARY FL?
The C lounge has a (sort of) business area, to your right when you enter, THAT area could become an FL [since it is isolated from the rest of the C lounge].
For now still the same 'old' FL
Old May 19, 2016, 10:09 pm

Is there a time limit on luggage storage?

I have a 10am arrival and 10pm departure so I'm definitely going into the city -- can I leave a bag in the storage area all day? (And, to confirm, is there even a storage area in either of the currently operational lounges?)
Old May 21, 2016, 1:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I am new to AA/OW this year.

Flying PHX-JFK-SJU on a paid FC ticket tomorrow.

I have PLT already earned this year and the Citi Prestige card.

I know the Prestige card gets me into the AC, but am I able to access the BA Galleries lounge based on my OW status even though I'm flying AA ticket stock/metal? If I am reading AA's page correctly I think I can.....?

I have been more than impressed with the BA Galleries lounges in LHR and JNB this year and the AC seems to suck for food, based on the one I visited in PHX.

Thanks!

Last edited by 355F1; May 21, 2016 at 1:46 pm
Old May 21, 2016, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I had a 12 hour layover flying international. The flagship lounge let me store my luggage so I was able to head into the city for a few hours.

Originally Posted by davie355

I have a 10am arrival and 10pm departure so I'm definitely going into the city -- can I leave a bag in the storage area all day? (And, to confirm, is there even a storage area in either of the currently operational lounges?)
Old May 21, 2016, 10:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by 355F1
I am new to AA/OW this year.

Flying PHX-JFK-SJU on a paid FC ticket tomorrow.

I have PLT already earned this year and the Citi Prestige card.

I know the Prestige card gets me into the AC, but am I able to access the BA Galleries lounge based on my OW status even though I'm flying AA ticket stock/metal? If I am reading AA's page correctly I think I can.....?

I have been more than impressed with the BA Galleries lounges in LHR and JNB this year and the AC seems to suck for food, based on the one I visited in PHX.

Thanks!
In a word, no. Link.

"American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsClub.jsp"
Old May 21, 2016, 10:49 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by JDiver
In a word, no. Link.

"American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsClub.jsp"
Boo

I hope the French toast on my JFK-SJU flight is edible! ☺️

I guess I'm stuck with the AC at T8 then.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm flying GIG-JFK-SFO next month, arriving and departing from JFK's terminal 8. Since it's an international itinerary, is it possible for me to go to BA's first lounge on terminal 7 during my layover? Can I change terminals airside or do I need to go through security again? EXP here. Thanks.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by fredshino
I'm flying GIG-JFK-SFO next month, arriving and departing from JFK's terminal 8. Since it's an international itinerary, is it possible for me to go to BA's first lounge on terminal 7 during my layover? Can I change terminals airside or do I need to go through security again? EXP here. Thanks.
Unfortunately, no. You'll be unable to access the T7 lounges either airside or landside without actually flying out of T7.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by davie355

Any answer on this? I'll have access to just the normal lounge, not the Flagship lounge.

I have nearly an 8 hour layover at JFK this coming week, flying AUS-JFK-GIG. I was just going to use the left luggage, but if the lounge will hold a bag for free, that would definitely be easier (and save me having to take it through security).

Also--anyone know if the showers get busy before the GIG flight, around 8pm or so?
I'm planning to meet a friend and swim in the ocean at Brighton Beach. I'd definitely like to shower and wash off the salt water before the long JFK-GIG leg.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
I am told the TSA asked all airlines to stop luggage storage in lounges. The folks at JFK T4 Delta confirmed.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Well the AA Flagship Lounge in Terminal 8 must have not received the memo, 2 weeks ago they stored my luggage for 6 hours while I went into the city. They have a luggage rack behind and to the left of the Flagship desk.

Originally Posted by B767capt
I am told the TSA asked all airlines to stop luggage storage in lounges. The folks at JFK T4 Delta confirmed.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by george 3
The temporary club in the B concourse is located in the second floor breezeway section (turn right after exiting the elevator) and overlooks security and the passageway to the C-concourse.

The C-Concourse AC was very crowded this past Sunday afternoon and I had to wait a few minutes for a lounge chair in the back to open up.
I was in Temp. B and C yesterday. I wish I had stayed in B. C was so overcrowded (but closer to my gate).
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:32 pm

LAX-JFK-ZRH flight

I have an upcoming flight in J from LAX-JFK-ZRH. I haven't been to JFK in years, so I'm looking for info on potential terminal changes. The first segment is domestic, of course, followed by the international segment. I have a 2-hour layover between flights, which I assume will be plenty of time?
Will I have to go through security a second time?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I have an upcoming flight in J from LAX-JFK-ZRH. I haven't been to JFK in years, so I'm looking for info on potential terminal changes. The first segment is domestic, of course, followed by the international segment. I have a 2-hour layover between flights, which I assume will be plenty of time? Will I have to go through security a second time?
You may be thinking of the old JFK layout when AA used both Terminals 8 and 9. Extensive rebuilding eliminated T9 - all AA flights are now housed in T8. It is all behind security, and no additional screening will take place.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jul 14, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:14 am

Admiral's Club at JFK

New to AA. I'll be flying r/t to Cancun, first class from JFK. Am I entitled to any Club benefits at either airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.