Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
The "international" Admirals Club (near gate 12) is open later....23:45 or until last AA flight departs.

Very nice of them to give you meal vouchers during the delay. You could have used them at any terminal food vendor, not just in the club. (Although the food offerings in the clubs are fine.)
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
The "international" Admirals Club (near gate 12) is open later....23:45 or until last AA flight departs.

Very nice of them to give you meal vouchers during the delay. You could have used them at any terminal food vendor, not just in the club. (Although the food offerings in the clubs are fine.)
We were flying LAN - shares the same terminal - and were at AC near gate 12, but was closing at 10.30pm it was still well worth it, however when you use AC at some airport that is only operated for international flights by AA, you have a lot more food and snacks and they are not crowded at all. Being JFK one of AA´s hubs for both domestic and international it makes it more " popular "
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by nikad
Got myself and my husband a one day pass to wait for our flight with our 2 yo at JFK. Went there with very low expectations, the place is comfortable, but a bit crowded at times. The snacks are not super varied, but they are constantly bringing more. Coffee is good. We were given 2 vouchers each for drinks, I had two glasses of Malbec. The kids area has only one chair for an adult, and a TV screen plus 3 computers...not a single toy! I think they could make it a little bit more fun for the little ones. When we left to board our flight, it was delayed 5 hrs so we went back. The airline gave us vouchers for meals that we could use at the lounge, but we had filled up with snacks. Overall it was well worth the 100$ for us. Spent 8 hrs there. I do not understand why they close so early though.
Just for future reference, the 30 day membership for $99 is generally a better deal than buying 2 day passes, because it offers a full membership (for 30 days), which includes guest access for 2 (or immediate family). Obviously it doesn't matter if you aren't going to be near an AA club for the next 30 days, but just an idea.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Well ... actually, if two are travelling, the 30 day membership is $1 cheaper than 2 x Day passes, even if only used once.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:26 am

I had pondered the 30 day membership for us as our trip was 28 days, but I had access to Amex Centurion at EZE that is - now that it has been remodeled - way better than AC both in terms of food and facilities. Definitely next time we travel if no other lounge is available, the 30 day option is the way to go ( we do not have status with any airline )
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by nikad
Got myself and my husband a one day pass to wait for our flight with our 2 yo at JFK. Went there with very low expectations, the place is comfortable, but a bit crowded at times. The snacks are not super varied, but they are constantly bringing more. Coffee is good. We were given 2 vouchers each for drinks, I had two glasses of Malbec. The kids area has only one chair for an adult, and a TV screen plus 3 computers...not a single toy! I think they could make it a little bit more fun for the little ones. When we left to board our flight, it was delayed 5 hrs so we went back. The airline gave us vouchers for meals that we could use at the lounge, but we had filled up with snacks. Overall it was well worth the 100$ for us. Spent 8 hrs there. I do not understand why they close so early though.
You might try one of the restaurants if you get a voucher there in the future, I.e. bobby Van's. As for children entertainment in the AC, it's probably not going to change for many reasons.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Quiet room or lounge chairs?

Do either of the JFK lounges have a quiet room/area or lounge chairs that a tired person might be able to sleep in? I've been to both plenty of times but never needed to catch some winks before...I'll be there at about 8am and want to sleep a couple hours if possible before heading out to my appointment.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Do either of the JFK lounges have a quiet room/area or lounge chairs that a tired person might be able to sleep in? I've been to both plenty of times but never needed to catch some winks before...I'll be there at about 8am and want to sleep a couple hours if possible before heading out to my appointment.
The club in concourse C (farther from security) has a small room off to the right after you enter that tends to be quieter than the main room. It has some reclining lounge chairs with ottomans. Bring earplugs in case someone decides to have a phone call there, though.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by SJC AA
The club in concourse C (farther from security) has a small room off to the right after you enter that tends to be quieter than the main room. It has some reclining lounge chairs with ottomans. Bring earplugs in case someone decides to have a phone call there, though.
Thank you, that was perfect. Slept a couple extra hours over there. Definitely need earplugs though since you hear all the noise in the reception.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Thank you, that was perfect. Slept a couple extra hours over there. Definitely need earplugs though since you hear all the noise in the reception.
Glad it worked out!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:42 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SJC AA
+1 to this suggestion! And yes, eyeshade + ear plugs would probably be good. (The last time I was napping there, I used my blazer as a blanket.) The noise from reception and some other guests in the mini-room were definitely noticeable, but I was exhausted from my red-eye flight and passed out pretty quickly.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
+1 to this suggestion! And yes, eyeshade + ear plugs would probably be good. (The last time I was napping there, I used my blazer as a blanket.) The noise from reception and some other guests in the mini-room were definitely noticeable, but I was exhausted from my red-eye flight and passed out pretty quickly.
Yes, the addition of the eyeshades actually is what made me able to fall asleep eventually. I don't find the recliner chairs particularly comfortable for sleeping but contorting myself around so I could sleep on my side on the armrest with earplugs and eyeshades in place did the trick.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Is it worth it (or possible) to hop over to T7 and relax in the BA lounge? I'm OW Sapphire, but leaving on an AA flight to EZE. I've got a 4.5 hour layover and wanted to try out a new lounge.

Possible? Crazy??
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Without a BP for a T7 departure you are not ordinarily going to be able to access T7 airside.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Plat
I will be coming in to JFK via the redeye from LAX. Was interested in purchasing a day pass in order to take a shower at the club. I understand I will not have access to the Flagship lounge; however, does the regular Admirals lounge(s) in T8 have shower facilities? If so, which lounge is the best to go to? (I will also be killing some time before an afternoon flight to Germany)

Apologies if this was discussed before as I had not come across any information specific to shower facilities in my brief search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.