Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Any thoughts on which AC is the best for getting some work done on a long layover? Taking a really early flight AM from DC on JetBlue, leaving for SCL on LAN at 8pm. Have a full day of conference calls and documents to edit, and will be doing all of that from one of the lounges. Won't have Flagship access sadly since my LAN flight is in business.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:16 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Any thoughts on which AC is the best for getting some work done on a long layover? Taking a really early flight AM from DC on JetBlue, leaving for SCL on LAN at 8pm. Have a full day of conference calls and documents to edit, and will be doing all of that from one of the lounges. Won't have Flagship access sadly since my LAN flight is in business.
The AC lounge near gate 42; when you walk in there is an area to the right--this is much quieter than the rest of the lounge, it has a lot of business oriented items (copiers, computers. phones).
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
The AC lounge near gate 42; when you walk in there is an area to the right--this is much quieter than the rest of the lounge, it has a lot of business oriented items (copiers, computers. phones).
Of course, if zoomgirl starts making a bunch of calls from that area, it will no longer be quiet. (I was under the impression that cell phones weren't allowed there, but maybe I'm wrong. But you definitely won't make friends by having long calls there.)
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:00 am

JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourses A and B Admirals Clubs (master thread)

I guess I can head into the louder area of the lounge for calls and do the rest of my work front the quieter area.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Why not stay in DC for most of the day for your conference calls, then take a later flight? If it's a money issue, take the Acela to Penn Station, then the LIRR to Jamaica to the AirTrain to T8. Why would you want to blow the whole day in a lounge?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:29 pm

JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourses A and B Admirals Clubs (master thread)

The flight was about the same as the train, and I've had connection problems with conference calls on Amtrak in the past.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Of course, if zoomgirl starts making a bunch of calls from that area, it will no longer be quiet. (I was under the impression that cell phones weren't allowed there, but maybe I'm wrong. But you definitely won't make friends by having long calls there.)
There are two phone rooms in that area, just to the left of the coffee/snack station. Perfect place to duck in and make those calls. I love that section of the club.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
NOTE: Thread and wiki now curated for LOUNGE DASHBOARD.

For discussion of the JFK Flagship Lounge, please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

/Moderator
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
It's been a while since I flew out of JFK, but will be doing so on the LHR service at 22:29 and I will have a few work bits and pieces to do. I would need to buy a day pass, so is the AC the best option for wifi and hopefully a bit of peace, or are there any other suitable facilities at JFK?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AdamUK
It's been a while since I flew out of JFK, but will be doing so on the LHR service at 22:29 and I will have a few work bits and pieces to do. I would need to buy a day pass, so is the AC the best option for wifi and hopefully a bit of peace, or are there any other suitable facilities at JFK?
In T-8? Pass for the Club (30 day membership is $99, allows unlimited access with up to two guests, or immediate family members, if you'll have use for it within 30 days.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Yes T-8. Although it'll only be one trip in 30 days, there are 2 of us travelling, so I guess buying it at LHR on the way out allows us to get lounge both ways.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
If you're on a budget and need a quiet place to chillax you can take the lift that would take you to the entrance to the concourse B Admirals Club, but then go to the other side of the huge pedestrian walkway you end up on. It's basically a walled off dead end now, but because there's no foot traffic at all you could just plop your bag on the floor and make a little home for yourself there. Obviously no refreshments or wifi, but it's free.

With all that said, the AC is still your best bet. The monthly membership is a pretty decent deal. I would actually recommend the C concourse club as it has a small quiet area that isn't usually very busy and can be great for getting work done or taking a short nap. Turn right instead of going back after checking in at reception.

Yes T-8. Although it'll only be one trip in 30 days, there are 2 of us travelling, so I guess buying it at LHR on the way out allows us to get lounge both ways.
Definitely go for the monthly membership then, that covers you both directions and will include a guest so you only need one (instead of two day passes).
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: Show me the points!
What's the average wait for showers on a Wednesday night? We depart on a redeye to Paris @ 9 and I want to make sure I can rinse off before we depart.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nichojo
What's the average wait for showers on a Wednesday night? We depart on a redeye to Paris @ 9 and I want to make sure I can rinse off before we depart.
I doubt you would need to wait at all.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Hi
Quick question (It may have been answered above, sorry if I missed it). I'm arriving into JFK T8 with my father on a redeye from LAX (Business Class) and we are connecting onto the 8.05am day service with BA to LHR out of T7, as a OW Emerald, is there an arrival lounge in T8 to use shower facilities, and if so, can I guest my father in? (he won't have status).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.