Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Please search the existing threads before posting a new thread. But because you asked.....

AA does not offer First Class to/from Cancun. It is marketed as Business Class.

You may use the Admirals Clubs at JFK on day of departure if you have a paid AC membership, a Citi Executive card, or if you are connecting on the same day (no stopover) from an eligible "international"* OW-marketed, OW-operated flight and you flew that eligible segment in First or Business class, or you have AA EXP/PLT elite status.

*"International" is defined as Europe, Asia, Oceania, Central/South America, and/or Mexico City (MEX) only. All other locations, including but not limited to Cancun, are not considered "international" for lounge access purposes.

If you have OW Emerald or Sapphire status from a non-AA OW carrier, you do not need to have connected from an eligible "international" flight. You may use the lounge as long as you are departing on AA metal with an AA ticket number (or other OW ticket number).

Finally, Cancun airport has at least one VIP lounge, but it is not part of AA's network and so you would need to pay for access if it is possible to do so. Inquire with the airport personnel there.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Mexico (except Mexico City) is considered 'domestic' for club access purposes, so you will not get access to the AC unless you are an AC member.

If you were flying to Mexico City, a J ticket or PLT/EXP status would get you access to the AC. A coach ticket with Gold or no status would not.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:58 am

Does the C concourse AC really close at 9:30pm? (And if so is this still the case post B concourse AC closure for renovation?) I am on the 10:30PM JFK-LAX - seems strange they would close the lounge before that flight boards.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I'm a bit confused.

The oneworld lounge page says only T8B, not T8C has showers. (https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access)

The AA lounge page says only T8C, not T8B has showers. (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/jfk-club.jsp)

So what is it?

For whatever reason I was under the assumption JFK would have a nice lounge for me to recover from a red-eye but I might've been wrong. Seems like I'd have been better off with a shorter connection in JFK in favour of the Centurion MIA, but it is what it is! So C should have showers and will be much nicer/bigger than the under-construction B, correct?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
B has showers. C doesn't.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:09 pm

Would I be able to access the Priority Pass lounges in T1 and T4? I think I'll have enough time to get to those terminals, but if I'm unable to access the lounges there, I guess I'm stuck in the T8 ACs.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:22 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paradox
Would I be able to access the Priority Pass lounges in T1 and T4? I think I'll have enough time to get to those terminals, but if I'm unable to access the lounges there, I guess I'm stuck in the T8 ACs.
For most of the terminals at JFK, to access a lounge (airside) requires having a bp for THAT terminal.
BUT, I seem to remember reading in some thread on FT, that someone WAS able to access a lounge without having a bp for the terminal in which it is located(???)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Cell phone doesn't work in JFK C Club

So I've discovered that my cell phone does not work within the confines of the Concourse C club at JFK. It works without issue in the B club, FL, and anywhere else within the terminal. I can use WiFi without issue, but cannot send or receive a cellular call while in the club. Once I step out of the club, back to normal.

I have an iPhone 6.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone in this weird issue.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Abidjan
B has showers. C doesn't.
C does have showers as well. I used them last month.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
I'm flying J, JFK-LHR next month, if I read correctly as we're travelling international J, we'll have access to the T8 FL? Looking forward to the trip on the 77W too!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by GK1981
I'm flying J, JFK-LHR next month, if I read correctly as we're travelling international J, we'll have access to the T8 FL? Looking forward to the trip on the 77W too!
where did you read that? From the website:

Eligibility
- Customers traveling in First Class on a qualifying international* or 3-class transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline, and on a same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day) itinerary

- AAdvantage® Executive Platinum members (regardless of cabin flown) departing or connecting to a qualifying international* flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline

- oneworld EmeraldSM customers** (regardless of cabin flown) departing or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GK1981
FL access for those booked in J is supposed to begin sometime in 2017, so I'm afraid you're out of luck.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by danohio
So I've discovered that my cell phone does not work within the confines of the Concourse C club at JFK. It works without issue in the B club, FL, and anywhere else within the terminal. I can use WiFi without issue, but cannot send or receive a cellular call while in the club. Once I step out of the club, back to normal.

I have an iPhone 6.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone in this weird issue.
It's not that strong (the signal) in the back concourse, but I've made a call or two from there from my iPhone 6. Try to reboot your phone.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Originally Posted by george 3
It's not that strong (the signal) in the back concourse, but I've made a call or two from there from my iPhone 6. Try to reboot your phone.
I've rebooted, reset cell directories, cleared settings. I've done everything short of a full phone factory restore. But still while within the confines of that club, I can never get a call to connect. Just says "calling..." And then fails. All this while still showing 3 or 4 bars.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
For most of the terminals at JFK, to access a lounge (airside) requires having a bp for THAT terminal.
BUT, I seem to remember reading in some thread on FT, that someone WAS able to access a lounge without having a bp for the terminal in which it is located(???)
I did that just a month ago! I flew TP to JFK, and had an overnight layover..had an AA boarding pass for the morning from T8 (it was departing in less than 12 hours if that makes a difference). Asked every TSA agent on the way into the security line at T4, and they all said "huh I dunno, hey it's worth a try!" I scanned my BP from my phone and the agent had no problems. Used priority pass to access the Wingtips, with my AA boarding pass. Again, no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.