Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: Free agent
I'm heading JFK-CDG in a month or so and was thinking about buying a day pass for me and my girlfriend as we're going to end up at JFK a solid 4-5 hours before departure.

On the AA website there is a note about clubs under construction being ineligible for day passes.

One-Day Pass
Available at select locations for $59. Excludes airports with clubs under construction:

Chicago (ORD)
Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
Los Angeles (LAX)
Miami (MIA)
New York (JFK)
Is it just one lounge under construction or are they all under the exemption I posted above?

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I'm heading JFK-CDG in a month or so and was thinking about buying a day pass for me and my girlfriend as we're going to end up at JFK a solid 4-5 hours before departure.

On the AA website there is a note about clubs under construction being ineligible for day passes.

Is it just one lounge under construction or are they all under the exemption I posted above?

Thanks!
I believe the restriction covers all clubs at the location, since overall capacity is restricted during construction, so they won't admit day pass holders.

If that's the policy on the website, then I imagine that it's official and still applies, even though the construction at JFK is largely finished with the completion of the Flagship Lounge.

If you have to arrive at JFK 4-5 hours before (flight connection, etc.), then it's worth a shot to ask the agents at the entrance to the lounge. Either way, I'm not sure that it's worth $120 for two people to enter an Admirals Club, given limited complimentary drink selection and food.

It would be much be much better, in my opinion, to spend that money at one of the restaurants in T8, and find a quiet gate to lounge at afterward. WiFi is free, after all!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by DMPHL
I believe the restriction covers all clubs at the location, since overall capacity is restricted during construction, so they won't admit day pass holders.

If that's the policy on the website, then I imagine that it's official and still applies, even though the construction at JFK is largely finished with the completion of the Flagship Lounge.

If you have to arrive at JFK 4-5 hours before (flight connection, etc.), then it's worth a shot to ask the agents at the entrance to the lounge. Either way, I'm not sure that it's worth $120 for two people to enter an Admirals Club, given limited complimentary drink selection and food.

It would be much be much better, in my opinion, to spend that money at one of the restaurants in T8, and find a quiet gate to lounge at afterward. WiFi is free, after all!
We can't avoid the early arrival sadly but we'll ensconce ourselves somewhere quiet and try to get some work done before we depart instead of trying to convince the lounge dragons to make an exception. Thanks very much for the response.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:35 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
In T4 there is a priority pass lounge--are you eligible for free entry (from a cc you possess)? I've seen posts on FT, noting that with a valid bp you can cross access terminals at JFK.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by nrr
In T4 there is a priority pass lounge--are you eligible for free entry (from a cc you possess)? I've seen posts on FT, noting that with a valid bp you can cross access terminals at JFK.
I do not have PP lounge access. My only other option would be to go to the Airspace lounge in T5 (I'm Mosaic) but the hassle of getting airside over there at that time of day won't be worth the hour in their lounge. Thanks very much for the response.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Quick question here - assuming you have FL access where is the area you can order off the "limited" menu? Not Flagship First dining - I do not have access to that but curious. I have seen people say you can only order off the menu in the "bridge" area - is that the open air area over like Bobby Vans right after security?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, AS MVP 75K, Star Alliance Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG GOLD, HH Gold
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Quick question here - assuming you have FL access where is the area you can order off the "limited" menu? Not Flagship First dining - I do not have access to that but curious. I have seen people say you can only order off the menu in the "bridge" area - is that the open air area over like Bobby Vans right after security?
Yes that is the spot! I believe it starts earlier afternoon though with the "limited menu" at least last time I was there. It was a more peaceful area then inside at least when I was there in the mid afternoon a few months back...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
With the Concourse B closing down, do you think Concourse C will get an update? Its an above average AC, but it could use a refresh.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
With the Concourse B closing down, do you think Concourse C will get an update? Its an above average AC, but it could use a refresh.
Were the showers always in Concourse C or is it new? I thought I remembered only B had showers, but the club listing shows showers n C but not in B (they used to let you into the flagship lounge for showers in B).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Were the showers always in Concourse C or is it new? I thought I remembered only B had showers, but the club listing shows showers n C but not in B (they used to let you into the flagship lounge for showers in B).
I think there are two showers in the middle of the club. I just think the whole club is an awkward setup. The room to the right is always empty, and it looks like it is more dated than it is.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Flying into JFK on one of the west coast redeyes and being an EXP with 30K ytd spend still means coach

With the closure/consolidation of AC's at JFK, is there an AC with a shower?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
JFK-C club has a build your own egg scramble option during breakfast....it was pretty good when adding cheese and the salsa.

Seems like real eggs too and not the powdered stuff.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Seems like real eggs too and not the powdered stuff.
Real eggs?!? That’s a rarity these days.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Is Eric from the Flagship Lounge "Bridge" working full time over in the AC now? I had heard he had been promoted from there to "running" the Admirals Club side. I'd seen him last in the Bridge section back in October where he appeared to have been stopping in briefly but didn't have time to catch up with him.

He's one of the real stars, IMO. Tall slim guy with a shaved head...always really friendly and has an amazing memory and knack for customer service. When he was working the Bridge he would see my wife and I come walk in and already have two glasses of champagne poured for us by the time we got to the bar and would confirm if we still wanted our favourite cocktails to chase it with...
Global321 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Fraser
Is Eric from the Flagship Lounge "Bridge" working full time over in the AC now? I had heard he had been promoted from there to "running" the Admirals Club side. I'd seen him last in the Bridge section back in October where he appeared to have been stopping in briefly but didn't have time to catch up with him.

He's one of the real stars, IMO. Tall slim guy with a shaved head...always really friendly and has an amazing memory and knack for customer service. When he was working the Bridge he would see my wife and I come walk in and already have two glasses of champagne poured for us by the time we got to the bar and would confirm if we still wanted our favourite cocktails to chase it with...
No clue....seemed like the normal AC staff today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.