Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:02 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does the JFK AC have showers? Never noticed them if they're there
Old Jan 7, 2023, 7:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by S.R
Does the JFK AC have showers? Never noticed them if they're there
They do but whether they're open or not is the question. The last time I tried was June, 2022 and neither club had operating showers.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:01 am

Hi - question for all. I'm a Plat Pro flying AA on its JFK-SXM route and it is my understanding from reading access rules that I should be able to enter the Admirals club as a Plat Pro at JFK. Would someone confirm that is correct?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by nas6034
Hi - question for all. I'm a Plat Pro flying AA on its JFK-SXM route and it is my understanding from reading access rules that I should be able to enter the Admirals club as a Plat Pro at JFK. Would someone confirm that is correct?
EDITED TO ADD: It appears my info was wrong and you will indeed have AC access based on a COVID-era policy exception that is still in effect as of now. The info below from my original response is the general pre-COVID policy.

Sadly no. As a Plat Pro, you would need to be flying to Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, or deep South America to gain lounge access on the basis of status. If this were the case, you could access Soho too.

There has also been an exception for MEX but SXM is clearly Caribbean, which won't get you in. You can always get it if you're an Admirals Club member or if you have the Citi AA Exec credit card, of course.

Last edited by njvandy; Jan 27, 2023 at 6:53 am
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by njvandy
Sadly no. As a Plat Pro, you would need to be flying to Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, or deep South America to gain lounge access on the basis of status. If this were the case, you could access Soho too.

There has also been an exception for MEX but SXM is clearly Caribbean, which won't get you in. You can always get it if you're an Admirals Club member or if you have the Citi AA Exec credit card, of course.
Sorry, but I believe you are incorrect. During covid, AA made a "limited time" exception to allow access to ACs for EXP, PPro, and Platinums traveling to the regiions that historically did not provide access (e.g. Mexico, Canada, Caribbean,). This could end at any time, but so far has not. It is clearly documented here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp
Click the "Details" pulldown under the section labeled "Qualifying AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum Pro® and AAdvantage Platinum® members" which reads:

"For a limited time: Starting April 1, 2021, qualifying international flights will include flights between the U.S. and Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico. Includes customers on qualifying departing or arriving international flights marketed and operated by American. a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin), or marketed by JetBlue and operated by American."

So as long as AA defines SXM as in the Caribbean (which I assume they do), I believe the poster will in fact have access (unless of course they ended this exception prior to travel)

It's important to note this exception does NOT provide Flagship/SOHO lounge access, just Admiral's Club.

Regards
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by scubadu
Sorry, but I believe you are incorrect. During covid, AA made a "limited time" exception to allow access to ACs for EXP, PPro, and Platinums traveling to the regiions that historically did not provide access (e.g. Mexico, Canada, Caribbean,). This could end at any time, but so far has not. It is clearly documented here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp
Click the "Details" pulldown under the section labeled "Qualifying AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum Pro® and AAdvantage Platinum® members" which reads:

"For a limited time: Starting April 1, 2021, qualifying international flights will include flights between the U.S. and Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico. Includes customers on qualifying departing or arriving international flights marketed and operated by American. a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin), or marketed by JetBlue and operated by American."

So as long as AA defines SXM as in the Caribbean (which I assume they do), I believe the poster will in fact have access (unless of course they ended this exception prior to travel)

It's important to note this exception does NOT provide Flagship/SOHO lounge access, just Admiral's Club.

Regards
Oh wow, I had no idea they added this exception during COVID. I guess it kinda sorta makes sense if business travel is still down and leisure travel is way up. I will update my last post, with apologies to the OP.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Oh wow, I had no idea they added this exception during COVID. I guess it kinda sorta makes sense if business travel is still down and leisure travel is way up. I will update my last post, with apologies to the OP.

Me neither. This will come in handy next week!! Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zoegksf
Me neither. This will come in handy next week!! Thanks!
Yes, wife and I have taken advantage of it several times on trips to Mexico (not MEX) since it went into effect and have really appreciated it (and we've never had trouble getting in either)

Regards
njvandy likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:13 am

JFK Admirals Club bar hours

In the good news department, was in the Admirals club on Thursday before a business class trans on to LAX (Greenwich lounge soda machine still not functioning and no diet soda in cans to be found). But, noticed people ordering drinks at the bar, which previously hadn’t opened until 8am. I asked the lovely Olivia and she said, yes they moved the bar opening to 6am. Time for an eyeopener before an early flight! Hours probably different on Sunday due to NYS liquor laws.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I assume Olivia is "mi amore"? Gem of a bartender if so.

In here now and its surprisingly pretty busy for a Saturday afternoon.

Great apron view out the back of it, I find I'm valuing that more and more these days.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 5:29 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Pretty bad experience at the club today, only one checkin agent with a 5-10 minute wait. The lady who does avocado toast is literally hiding so people think they aren’t doing it.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by JFK2World
I asked the lovely Olivia and she said, yes they moved the bar opening to 6am. Time for an eyeopener before an early flight! Hours probably different on Sunday due to NYS liquor laws.
I've seen an ambitious staff stock the open bar in Greenwich/Flagship an hour early, but I'm pretty sure there's been no change to the 8AM (10AM Sunday) state law. Perhaps there's been some order that exempts the airport from enforcement, but will be interesting to see if this persists and/or expands to other carriers' lounges.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by donotblink
The lady who does avocado toast is literally hiding so people think they aren’t doing it.
Contrast this with the avocado guy at LGA who is an absolute salesman/comedian. He's friendly, funny and goes out of his way to make sure you know what he's offering.

It seems like a small thing, but it's another example that employees matter, especially those on the front lines interfacing directly with customers.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 4:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by donotblink
Pretty bad experience at the club today, only one checkin agent with a 5-10 minute wait. The lady who does avocado toast is literally hiding so people think they aren’t doing it.
I was there yesterday a few hours after you (2:30 PM to 3:30 PM) and luckily for me it was a pleasant experience. Olivia was at the bar and they had some pretty decent pasta with marinara and meatballs out. Saved me buying lunch in the terminal.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I've seen an ambitious staff stock the open bar in Greenwich/Flagship an hour early, but I'm pretty sure there's been no change to the 8AM (10AM Sunday) state law. Perhaps there's been some order that exempts the airport from enforcement, but will be interesting to see if this persists and/or expands to other carriers' lounges.

I guess AA figured that no one is going to trek out to the c concourse to inspect

IIRC - during the COVID NYC restrictions, AA defined the ACs as restaurants whereas DL defined the SCs as clubs (or vice versa). Whatever designation it was mattered as AA wasn’t serving food, but the SC was serving food. My point is that perhaps different rules apply depending on how the club is classified. I’m also not an expert on the state’s blue laws, but 8 am and then later on Sunday’s (12 pm?) sounds on point.
NYC Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.