Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:10 pm

Access to one-day passes on JFK/T8

I was told that AA couldn't sell one-day passes due to reforms to the lounge on JFK. Since I read here that concourse C is open, would I be able to use the lounge with a day pass? Would they sell the pass on the spot or is it safer to try to buy it in LAX? Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by dkc192
FL access for those booked in J is supposed to begin sometime in 2017, so I'm afraid you're out of luck.
Ah OK....well, maybe next time!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:32 am

JFK Admirals Club

When will the refurb of the JFK admirals club be complete? In the mean time are there any lounges with shower facilities in T8?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Simply visit the other Admirals Club near Gate 42 in Concourse C, which has showers.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
They have 2 showers( I think) in the C concourse of T8. Was there in July-sooooo overcrowded and dirty that I gave up wanting to even go in the ladies bathroom-the public restrooms were cleaned better.
Very noisy with lots of kids and people in the "quiet" area on cell phones nonstop until I complained about this to an employee to ask people to stop.
I had just come off a 14 hour flight on a different airline(Emirates) and the AC lounge was really unpleasant. I don't think the refurb will be complete for a few more months.
Sorry to give you this picture of that lounge but it was bad both leaving JFK on my return!
Perhaps you can just get a shower and leave?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Admirals Club JFK T8

Has anyone visited the admirals club at JFK T8 recently? I flew out of there in May and it was undergoing renovations and their temporary space was completely inadequate - no seating, WiFi wasn't working and no premium beverage options. I was wondering / hoping they made some progress.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by interactfx
Has anyone visited the admirals club at JFK T8 recently? I flew out of there in May and it was undergoing renovations and their temporary space was completely inadequate - no seating, WiFi wasn't working and no premium beverage options. I was wondering / hoping they made some progress.
According to the website, they are still under construction over there. Remember that the C concourse (higher gates) AC hasn't been touched and is actually quite nice. I'd imagine the B club is taking a while because they are both expanding and keeping open the Flagship Lounge in the adjacent space, at the same time.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AA PLAT; SPG PLAT100; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Avis Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by interactfx
Was at the T8 B Lounge last Wednesday. Still in its temporary space on the open mezzanine overlooking the terminal. Limited options and honesty it didn't look like much work had even started. I would have gone to the C but didn't have enough time and my flight was leaving across the hall.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I also went to the T8 B lounge. Only 4 or 5 other people were there, so quiet and not crowded. Very limited food/drinks but I was fine with it, since it was very quiet.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:24 pm

Thanks. At the admiral club lounge at T 8 near gate 42. 2 kinds of soups and snacks . Nothing else. Hoping for dinner buffet of some kind. Long layover at JFK
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by metoo
At the admiral club lounge at T 8 near gate 42. 2 kinds of soups and snacks . Nothing else. Hoping for dinner buffet of some kind. Long layover at JFK
Unfortunately if you're looking for a dinner buffet at an Admirals Club in the continental US, you'll be disappointed every time. Flagship Lounges usually have some kind of food out, and there's the Flagship Dining area at the DFW D AC which currently has access rules similar to a Flagship Lounge, but otherwise you're looking at snacks and soups in the afternoon and evening.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Microwave
Unfortunately if you're looking for a dinner buffet at an Admirals Club in the continental US, you'll be disappointed every time. Flagship Lounges usually have some kind of food out, and there's the Flagship Dining area at the DFW D AC which currently has access rules similar to a Flagship Lounge, but otherwise you're looking at snacks and soups in the afternoon and evening.
Once in a while the JFK F lounge has a decent buffet. I happen to like the grilled chicken as an example, and mix it with the salad. The bar has everything that I want before a intercontinental flight - primarily mimosas so I can sleep without a little help from a pill. This lounge is pretty crowded until about 730/8pm as there used to be pax from the two remaining LHR and one CDG flights along with deep South America. Since AA cut the third night flight, it is probably less crowded. I'm there Thursday night and will report back.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
Does the C concourse AC really close at 9:30pm? (And if so is this still the case post B concourse AC closure for renovation?) I am on the 10:30PM JFK-LAX - seems strange they would close the lounge before that flight boards.
Anyone know?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Microwave
(emphasis added)

Originally Posted by george 3
Once in a while the JFK F lounge has a decent buffet.
The JFK F lounge would be the Flagship Lounge, which is not an Admirals Club (it has its own thread separate from this one), and as noted does usually have food out.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Went to the Concourse B lounge and they do NOT have any functional showers anymore! Not even in the flagship. Was sent to Concourse C where there are TWO showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.