Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Microwave
(emphasis added)

The JFK F lounge would be the Flagship Lounge, which is not an Admirals Club (it has its own thread separate from this one), and as noted does usually have food out.
LOL I did enjoy the grilled chicken last Thursday evening before boarding flight to Sao Paulo.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I was just there yesterday and yes the club at concourse B is still under construction. The club at concourse C is a mad house, when I arrived check in line was about 20 deep, the line at the bar at times was 10 - 15 people long.
I wonder if AA actually staffed for this. I really felt sorry for the bartenders they were doing their best to keep the line moving, they looked exhausted.

Originally Posted by interactfx
Has anyone visited the admirals club at JFK T8 recently? I flew out of there in May and it was undergoing renovations and their temporary space was completely inadequate - no seating, WiFi wasn't working and no premium beverage options. I was wondering / hoping they made some progress.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
Anyone know?
Yes, 9:30 is the posted closing time. It may stay open later on major delay situations.

The C club is jam packed these days with the B club renovations. And unfortunately many people do not respect the quiet area signs.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
I had just come off a 14 hour flight on a different airline(Emirates) ....
You mean this greatest airline in the world didn't provide arrival shower facilities at JFK?! Shame on EK.

One of the benefits of the renovations to the AC at JFK is that Flagship users have full use of several very nice, large and well air conditioned shower suites. Used one last week after flying an airline (AA) that cares about providing such facilities to its fliers.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Shareholder
You mean this greatest airline in the world didn't provide arrival shower facilities at JFK?! Shame on EK.

One of the benefits of the renovations to the AC at JFK is that Flagship users have full use of several very nice, large and well air conditioned shower suites. Used one last week after flying an airline (AA) that cares about providing such facilities to its fliers.
Well I was just there last weekend and the Flagship showers were out of order due to renovation so.....

Concourse C AC has 2 showers with a third being just generally broken at the moment.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Well I was just there last weekend and the Flagship showers were out of order due to renovation so.....

Concourse C AC has 2 showers with a third being just generally broken at the moment.
I was there today and the Flagship showers were functional but not exactly nice... in need of some new paint, tiles and shower fixtures. They did the job but definitely not something where you came away thinking "wow, those are really nice".
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Sorry if I missed this but I am sitting at the JFK-B AC and all liquor is house liquor here.....anyone else notice that. That's what the bartender told me and it didn't even look like they had the normal "house liquors". I actually don't mind this temporary lounge at all......it's quiet and open and now premium complimentary drinks!
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:52 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few weeks ago I used the B lounge (at 5:30 AM), when I exited the elevator there were two directional signs: left FLAGSHIP LOUNGE, right AC. I was flying domestic so turned right, there was NO agent at the AC portal, so I got to use the lounge FREE.
I have a Citi Prestige card and can "legally" use the lounge but based on signage, I didn't want to go back to register.
Are they still short of c/I agents?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by absoluy
I was there today and the Flagship showers were functional but not exactly nice... in need of some new paint, tiles and shower fixtures. They did the job but definitely not something where you came away thinking "wow, those are really nice".
The JFK's FL showers are very "standard." The only benefit to showering in the FL was fewer people competing for showers, although it could get busier at peak times.

IMHO no showers in the AA system are as nice as the DFW A Terminal AC's showers. Those are honestly some of the nicest showers I've ever used. Hopefully they don't get "refreshed" when the AC gets remodeled.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by nrr
A few weeks ago I used the B lounge (at 5:30 AM), when I exited the elevator there were two directional signs: left FLAGSHIP LOUNGE, right AC. I was flying domestic so turned right, there was NO agent at the AC portal, so I got to use the lounge FREE.
I have a Citi Prestige card and can "legally" use the lounge but based on signage, I didn't want to go back to register.
Are they still short of c/I agents?
You're supposed to check in with the agent by the FL, who will direct you to the appropriate lounge based on your access privileges.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:32 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by akcae
You're supposed to check in with the agent by the FL, who will direct you to the appropriate lounge based on your access privileges.
On that day (at 5:30 AM), there was NO mention of checking in, just 2 signs (as I noted). There was a computer terminal for an agent to check-in regular lounge guests--but NO agent.
Maybe when the project is finished, AA will be more organized.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass, AAdvantage, NWA
Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
Anyone know?
A bit late but I can confirm indeed that the JFK C concourse AC closes at 9:30. I flew out on the 10:15p JFK-LAX yesterday and was a bit surprised when they announced at 9:15 that they would be closing soon. Two more announcements followed - my friend who w/ me made a quick trip to the restroom while I packed up. At 9:29 (!) the cleaning crew comes, stops in front of me, loudly saying they're closed now. I point to the small array of bags and coats on the chairs next to me, explaining I'm waiting for my friend to get back from the restroom. Literally get told "well - we're closed. Can't stay here" and she points to the exit as if expecting me to somehow grab all of this stuff and go.

Couldn't help but feel like we got tossed out and we had inconvenienced them.

I've been in Skyclubs that stay open later if there's a flight delay and been grateful at that level of service. Why the AC would close 45 minutes before their last scheduled flight in concourse C is baffling. Yes, I realize we would have left on our own in the next 0:15. It seemed unnecessarily unpleasant though.

Fwiw I'm EXP, frequent this very lounge several times a month, and was on the first leg of an intl trip in J.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brewdog11

IMHO no showers in the AA system are as nice as the DFW A Terminal AC's showers. Those are honestly some of the nicest showers I've ever used. Hopefully they don't get "refreshed" when the AC gets remodeled.
Yes those shower spas in DFW are ....ing awesome. Multiple body jets and multiple shower heads. Lots of water strength as well. Only the showers in LHR T3 arrival lounge come close in quality. Also I love the fitness room. I can't think of any other OW lounge with a treadmill.

Last edited by muishkin; Dec 6, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by yoogene
Fwiw I'm EXP, frequent this very lounge several times a month, and was on the first leg of an intl trip in J.
Why didn't you just stay in the Flounge? Or did it finally close for renovation?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Cathay now out of T8

Wiki needs to be updated to show that Cathay operates out of terminal 8 now, no longer from T7. This was effective as of 1/15/17.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...er-15-jan.html

I'd update the wiki myself, but I have not the requisite posts to allow me to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.