Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Hi
Quick question (It may have been answered above, sorry if I missed it). I'm arriving into JFK T8 with my father on a redeye from LAX (Business Class) and we are connecting onto the 8.05am day service with BA to LHR out of T7, as a OW Emerald, is there an arrival lounge in T8 to use shower facilities, and if so, can I guest my father in? (he won't have status).
There is no arrival lounge, but the AA lounge in T8 and the BA lounge in T7 both have showers available. If you're emerald, you can bring one guest into either lounge. Flying Business LAX-JFK also gets you into the AA lounge at T8.

Hurry, though; the earliest redeye typically arrives around 6:15am, and you're trying to change terminals, reclear security, and shower and board in about an hour. It's doable, but don't dilly-dally.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by SJC AA
There is no arrival lounge, but the AA lounge in T8 and the BA lounge in T7 both have showers available. If you're emerald, you can bring one guest into either lounge. Flying Business LAX-JFK also gets you into the AA lounge at T8.

Hurry, though; the earliest redeye typically arrives around 6:15am, and you're trying to change terminals, reclear security, and shower and board in about an hour. It's doable, but don't dilly-dally.
Many thanks SJC AA - we are due into JFK at 5.54am (if on-time) so there should just about be enough time, but I'll probably shower in the BA lounges.

Many thanks again!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I apologize if this has been rehashed elsewhere; didn't find a reference after a quick search.

Are there "lockers" of some sort in either AC in JFK? I'm arriving into JFK around noon, and wanted to visit NYC and a friend, but not lug my carryon thru the city. I'm already checking my 3 pieces in the hold.

Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Are there "lockers" of some sort in either AC in JFK?
I'm pretty sure there are none. There is paid storage at Terminal 1:
http://www.panynj.gov/faqs/airports....irportsJFKQu06
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by beckoa
Are there "lockers" of some sort in either AC in JFK?
I'm pretty sure there are none. There is paid storage at Terminal 1:
http://www.panynj.gov/faqs/airports....irportsJFKQu06
Had a nice daytrip to Manhattan today.

There aren't "lockers" per se, but there is a luggage storage area across from the checkin desk (to the right) of the Gate 12 lounge that was unsecured, but worked for me ^
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA
My SO was told by a bartender today that she needed a drink coupon for a gin and tonic. Anyone experienced this before at JFK AC? I never have. Eventually the guy said he'd "let" her have the drink without a coupon. She wasn't asking for branded/premium liquor, just a well drink. Seems weird.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Originally Posted by chrisremo
My SO was told by a bartender today that she needed a drink coupon for a gin and tonic. Anyone experienced this before at JFK AC? I never have. Eventually the guy said he'd "let" her have the drink without a coupon. She wasn't asking for branded/premium liquor, just a well drink. Seems weird.
I had a well vodka Bloody Mary at the JFK ac last week with no asking for payment or a coupon. And then some lovely gentleman gave me his premium drink voucher, so I upgraded my next drink
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by chrisremo
Sounds like he was clueless. Unfortunately HUCA doesn't work well at bars.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My dad just got this email, anyone have more details?

The Admirals Club® lounge in Concourse B at New York Kennedy (JFK) will be under construction during your upcoming trip. We're working to bring you an all new lounge experience in 2017.

A temporary club is available in Concourse B with limited seating and amenities.

For full club amenities, visit our lounge in Concourse C across from Gate 42.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
My dad just got this email, anyone have more details?
Spoke to gentleman at reception yesterday and he said, there is going to be construction going on. At the moment when you come out the elevator where the big open space is, you are met by a big temporary wall. There is going to be a temporary lounge in that space (think top of escalators at D15 lounge, MIA). Don't know the exact details though.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Spoke to gentleman at reception yesterday and he said, there is going to be construction going on. At the moment when you come out the elevator where the big open space is, you are met by a big temporary wall. There is going to be a temporary lounge in that space (think top of escalators at D15 lounge, MIA). Don't know the exact details though.
Wow. Pretty lame.

Is the Flagship closed too?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
This is excellent news. These renovations are long overdue. Was in this lounge two weeks ago, and it was in dreadful shape.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Last week, visited both JFK admirals club flying JFK-LAX in J (though I already have access via my membership anyways). For a 3 hour wait, what can I say? Both clubs are adequate. Food is so-so, but I've known that for years. The one amenity that keeps me coming back and back again to the AC are the showers. So great to shower before a long 6.5 hour flight. It's a really great feeling being able to wash away all the sweat built up over the day.

It'd be nice if there was better food, but really, in the end, I don't really care. I've been on cruise ships and I've experienced some really fine dining there, though after a while, all that fine dining gets annoying with its slow pace. Usually at an airport I'm in a hurry, and don't have time or care to deal with the slow pace of high end dining. Besides, I don't want to feel bloated when I board an airplane. Nothing worse than a full stomach on the airplane and having to use the lavs to empty that full stomach.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:15 am

So, do the dates involved include April 20? I take it that if, after a transfer from LGA, we check in around 6 hours before the TATL departure, the C club would be better for spending that time? My wife asks for wheelchair assistance for longer walks; I was thinking she wouldn't need it for the B club, but I guess it would be advisable for the C.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Wow. Pretty lame.

Is the Flagship closed too?
Not quite sure. I was in a rush and just wanted to get into flagship for a shower so didn't have time to discuss exhaustively. What I did manage to find out, wasn't a lot but he pointed more towards admirals club about renovation and said the area at top of escalator will be used a temporary lounge. Take with a pinch of salt though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.