Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by nikad
One Day passes are only good for AC not Flagship Lounge right?
Yes, there is no paid entry into any of the Flagship lounges.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sukn
Yes, there is no paid entry into any of the Flagship lounges.
Thanks sukn! Would you say the main difference is food? What kind of snacks and drinks are available at no charge in the AC club nowadays?
Old May 1, 2014, 7:46 pm

I'm flying from abroad arriving in the late afternoon for an evening flight to LHR via JFK T8 in July and have a scheduled 4.5hrs stop-over.

After clearing immigration, picking up luggage, passing thru Customs and then re-checking it in, do I have enough time to use a one-day AC pass? If I do, then which AC lounge should I use…the one opposite gate 42 or the one opposite gate 12? I've read the posts and info that fellow travellers have written, and know that I have access to both.

Also once I've collected my luggage in the reclaim area, do I still have to pay for a trolley to transfer my cases to the re-checking in area? Is it far between those two areas?
Old May 1, 2014, 11:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jgchan
I'm flying from abroad arriving in the late afternoon for an evening flight to LHR via JFK T8 in July and have a scheduled 4.5hrs stop-over.

After clearing immigration, picking up luggage, passing thru Customs and then re-checking it in, do I have enough time to use a one-day AC pass? If I do, then which AC lounge should I use…the one opposite gate 42 or the one opposite gate 12? I've read the posts and info that fellow travellers have written, and know that I have access to both.
You should certainly have enough time to use a day pass, probably 2.5 to 3 hours depending on the lines. Personally, I prefer the Admirals Club by gate 12. I like the large open space and the views from the windows better.
Old May 2, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
You should certainly have enough time to use a day pass, probably 2.5 to 3 hours depending on the lines. Personally, I prefer the Admirals Club by gate 12. I like the large open space and the views from the windows better.
I agree. But a day pass should be valid at both ACs (including the one at your departing airport, if there is one, as long as it's the same calendar day). So try them both!
Old May 7, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, KF Gold/PPS
Flying out tomorrow out of JFK, flight's at 7pm. Which AC will be less crowded? Would like some quiet time to do some work before flying out. First time with access to any AC tomorrow so I've never been.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:43 pm

I'm flying with my fiancee LAX to JFK to FCO in July in economy plus (aanytime awards if it matters). Have a 2.5 hour layover from 2:20 pm to 4:50 pm at JFK. I have citi AA exec card so it sounds like I can access either of the AC lounges but not the FL lounge right?

From reading the past couple pages, doesn't seem like either of the AC lounges are that impressive. Is there free food and drinks or just free snacks? And based off the map, aren't the two AC lounges pretty close, can't we just hop into/out of one or the other pretty easily?

Oh and one more thing, to get into the AC lounge do I just need to show my citi exec card or what?
Old May 28, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by wholeinone04
I'm flying with my fiancee LAX to JFK to FCO in July in economy plus (aanytime awards if it matters). Have a 2.5 hour layover from 2:20 pm to 4:50 pm at JFK. I have citi AA exec card so it sounds like I can access either of the AC lounges but not the FL lounge right?

From reading the past couple pages, doesn't seem like either of the AC lounges are that impressive. Is there free food and drinks or just free snacks? And based off the map, aren't the two AC lounges pretty close, can't we just hop into/out of one or the other pretty easily?

Oh and one more thing, to get into the AC lounge do I just need to show my citi exec card or what?
You can buy food through a limited menu, snacks and some drinks are free.

Your inbound LAX will most likely be assigned a gate in the C concourse (gate 30s/40s). FCO flight can be either concourse. Either AC will do, but give yourself ten to fifteen minutes to get to the gate. Snacks are free, some drinks are free, meals from a limited menu are for purchase. If you have the coin and time, try the Bobby Van's restaurant just after security.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by nikad
Thanks sukn! Would you say the main difference is food? What kind of snacks and drinks are available at no charge in the AC club nowadays?
Food and drink. In the Flagship, the food is good and the drink options are much higher end. Plus, you are free to go to the AC bar and get anything you want for free.

The LAX lounge actually has better free food options, including sandwiches in the evenings, than JFK.
Old May 29, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by N1120A

The LAX lounge actually has better free food options, including sandwiches in the evenings, than JFK.
Ah unfortunately we'll be there early since our flight is at 6 am.

Originally Posted by george 3

Your inbound LAX will most likely be assigned a gate in the C concourse (gate 30s/40s). FCO flight can be either concourse. Either AC will do, but give yourself ten to fifteen minutes to get to the gate. Snacks are free, some drinks are free, meals from a limited menu are for purchase. If you have the coin and time, try the Bobby Van's restaurant just after security.
Thanks, this is good info. Sounds like there's no decent free meals at any of these lounges, what's the point then haha?? We'll probably bring food on the lax to jfk flight and buy food at bobby van's when we get to jfk before our flight to fco. Thanks for the tips!

One last thing, to get into the AC lounges, do I just show my exec card?
Old May 29, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Thanks, this is good info. Sounds like there's no decent free meals at any of these lounges, what's the point then haha?? We'll probably bring food on the lax to jfk flight and buy food at bobby van's when we get to jfk before our flight to fco. Thanks for the tips!

One last thing, to get into the AC lounges, do I just show my exec card?
See below excerpt from AA website pertaining to the Citi Executive card - you do have AC access.

Admirals Club® Membership4

With an Admirals Club® membership, you and your immediate family (or up to two traveling guests that accompany you) have access to over 40 Admirals Club® worldwide locations. You'll agree that travel has never been this comfortable and convenient. Enjoy spacious and plush lounges offering complimentary drinks and light snacks, complimentary Wi-Fi, conference rooms, PCs with Internet access, print services and more. Before, after or in between flights, this is where you belong. For details on Admirals Club® locations, please visit aa.com/admiralsclub.

As for Bobby Van's, I think they have a to go menu, but when eating there, i enjoy a table in the front area to watch people coming out of security check point. Be advised, the restaurant menu is has many of the features in their Manhattan locations (two I believe) and they are not inexpensive. However, the $15+ burger is well worth it. Coincidentally, my wife, son and I all had a burger here before boarding our JFK-FCO flight a few years ago to do the college exchange program kid drop (we hadn't been to Italy before so it was a good excuse to go).
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
Sitting in the 'Flagship' Lounge at T8 Gate 12. They certainly shouldn't big it up by calling it Flagship - to me it looks a bit like a second rate BA business lounge for domestic flights. Couple of cling-filmed apples, a few stale looking croissants. There is a full bar which seems to not be the norm in the USA but is everywhere else. Only positive is the nice view of the runway.

It's certainly better than a porcupine in a bag of popcorn but perhaps 4/10 as a basic business lounge.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by SQjunkie
Sitting in the 'Flagship' Lounge at T8 Gate 12. They certainly shouldn't big it up by calling it Flagship - to me it looks a bit like a second rate BA business lounge for domestic flights.
Depending on the time of day, you will find a breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet service available, roughly similar to the standard in a BA Galleries Club lounge but with less choice. It may be between mealtimes at the moment.

You may be aware that the standard of premium lounges in the US is lower than that in some other places and that what you are describing is normal.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:03 am

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
Hey Expat - realised the standard was on average lower than elsewhere, but as I haven't been as much in the USA lately I have a recency bias. I just wanted to highlight for those similarly infrequent USA visitors that it isn't worth much effort to go to the Flagship lounge.

Good point on mealtimes though. I was there at about 3pm-4.30pm so probably smack in the middle of the dead zone.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 1:07 pm

Got myself and my husband a one day pass to wait for our flight with our 2 yo at JFK. Went there with very low expectations, the place is comfortable, but a bit crowded at times. The snacks are not super varied, but they are constantly bringing more. Coffee is good. We were given 2 vouchers each for drinks, I had two glasses of Malbec. The kids area has only one chair for an adult, and a TV screen plus 3 computers...not a single toy! I think they could make it a little bit more fun for the little ones. When we left to board our flight, it was delayed 5 hrs so we went back. The airline gave us vouchers for meals that we could use at the lounge, but we had filled up with snacks. Overall it was well worth the 100$ for us. Spent 8 hrs there. I do not understand why they close so early though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.