Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
No, Flagship remains open although it to is in dire need of a refresh.

Originally Posted by SJC AA
Wow. Pretty lame.

Is the Flagship closed too?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
B-10 Club is closed for refurbishment, possibly until 2017. (Flagship Lounge remains open.)

A small temporary Club "with limited seating and amenities" has been opened in the interim.

The Concourse C Club near C-42 is open.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just got an e-mail from AA advising of the B situation.....glad to hear the FL is still open as I'm in F on JFK-SFO this weekend.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
My guess is that after the AC is remodeled (Term 8B), then the FL will close and be remodeled.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold
I stopped in the temporary B "lounge" area about two weeks ago. Basically it's one open space on a terrace overlooking the area immediately post-security and has a bunch of tables and chairs set up. Small moveable bar+sink-type thing that you might see in someone's living room, and a conference table with the snack towers of doom + soup. I was there on a Saturday evening and despite the terminal being not overly busy, the lounge area was pretty crowded, if only because the space is small. Bathrooms are about a quarter of a mile trot through the backdoor bowels of the AA ops area (I saw signs for uniform pick up and crew briefing/conference rooms on the walk to the bathroom).
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Just got an e-mail from AA advising of the B situation.....glad to hear the FL is still open as I'm in F on JFK-SFO this weekend.
Got the same email today. It never mentioned the Flagship lounge specifically- is it a temporary one as well?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by whatupbovice
I stopped in the temporary B "lounge" area about two weeks ago. Basically it's one open space on a terrace overlooking the area immediately post-security and has a bunch of tables and chairs set up. Small moveable bar+sink-type thing that you might see in someone's living room, and a conference table with the snack towers of doom + soup.
Is there bar beverage service?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:24 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I stopped in the temporary B "lounge" area about two weeks ago. Basically it's one open space on a terrace overlooking the area immediately post-security and has a bunch of tables and chairs set up. Small moveable bar+sink-type thing that you might see in someone's living room, and a conference table with the snack towers of doom + soup. I was there on a Saturday evening and despite the terminal being not overly busy, the lounge area was pretty crowded, if only because the space is small. Bathrooms are about a quarter of a mile trot through the backdoor bowels of the AA ops area (I saw signs for uniform pick up and crew briefing/conference rooms on the walk to the bathroom).
Adjacent to the B lounge (right where you exit the elevators) is an open area--is this where the "new" B lounge is located? They've used it in the past for "social functions"; at the opposite end is a special area for AA crew.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Is there bar beverage service?
There was a bartender manning the bar/sink, and upon a cursory glance I saw the standard bottles of liquor found in the AC.

Originally Posted by nrr
Adjacent to the B lounge (right where you exit the elevators) is an open area--is this where the "new" B lounge is located? They've used it in the past for "social functions"; at the opposite end is a special area for AA crew.
Your description sounds about right so I believe that's a yes but not 100% positive. When you get off the elevators and are facing the main check in desk (regular AC to your right), you make a complete 180 to get to the temporary lounge area.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by ACA321
Got the same email today. It never mentioned the Flagship lounge specifically- is it a temporary one as well?
Nothing has changed with the FL.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Nothing has changed with the FL.
Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:03 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a bartender manning the bar/sink, and upon a cursory glance I saw the standard bottles of liquor found in the AC.

Your description sounds about right so I believe that's a yes but not 100% positive. When you get off the elevators and are facing the main check in desk (regular AC to your right), you make a complete 180 to get to the temporary lounge area.
It would seem reasonable to annex some of this area as part of the NEW AC; there are times when (pre-construction) that AC is packed to capacity [4 pm to 8 pm]
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Was just in there last week. One of the supervisors said that the FL will only remain open through the summer, but then it too will close for renovations, even before the regular AC reopens.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:14 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Was just in there last week. One of the supervisors said that the FL will only remain open through the summer, but then it too will close for renovations, even before the regular AC reopens.
Will there then be a TEMPORARY FL?
The C lounge has a (sort of) business area, to your right when you enter, THAT area could become an FL [since it is isolated from the rest of the C lounge].
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JDiver
B-10 Club is closed for refurbishment, possibly until 2017. (Flagship Lounge remains open.)

A small temporary Club "with limited seating and amenities" has been opened in the interim.

The Concourse C Club near C-42 is open.
The temporary club in the B concourse is located in the second floor breezeway section (turn right after exiting the elevator) and overlooks security and the passageway to the C-concourse.

The C-Concourse AC was very crowded this past Sunday afternoon and I had to wait a few minutes for a lounge chair in the back to open up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.