Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
JFK Admirals Club (Concourse C)
Link to aa.com information for JFK.
Link to JFK website.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:Complimentary Wi-Fi
PCs with Internet access
Food for purchase
Children's room
Showers

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com
Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)
Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity
Link to archived older posts on this topic
Print Wikipost

New York JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Cincourse C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 5:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by knit-in
The wife is flying JFK-LHR full fare J, bought yesterday, on AA tonight, and the lounge in T-8 gave her two alcoholic beverage tickets. Apparently there is a limit to how many drinks you can consume while you wait. She doesn't have the time to have more that one, or even the inclination, but if it were me, I'd be unhappy to be rationed for a paid Business class ticket.

Perhaps she misunderstood.
Yes, she misunderstood. Whilst one, or most often two, drinks chits are preferred to qualifying international passengers, more can certainly be requested.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by JDiver
Yes, she misunderstood. Whilst one, or most often two, drinks chits are preferred to qualifying international passengers, more can certainly be requested.
Forgive my lack of knowledge on Admiral Clubs, having not been in one (as far as I can remember), but is the alcohol top of the shelf that it requires a multi- step process to procure? Almost all my travel is international J, but in my experience all over the world, other than the lounge in CAI which was dry, the alcohol served in most business class lounges, while not super high quality, is rather free flowing.

This morning, however, the missus reported having a rather generous and delicious English breakfast at the AA Arrival lounge in LHR, which came as a pleasant surprise to her after, what sounded like, a rather ordinary trip across the pond.

Just to note here, she didn't misunderstand the "more chits can be requested" part, because she wasn't concerned by it. That seems to be correctly understood. I thought the misunderstanding might have been the whole drinks-for-coupons (chits?) part, which seemed incredulous to me.

Last edited by knit-in; May 7, 2017 at 1:08 pm Reason: Grammar, spelling etc.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Member

I thought the misunderstanding might have been the whole drinks-for-coupons (chits?) part, which seemed incredulous to me.
Remember that ACs are also paid membership clubs. Base liquor is included but higher end is not. In those airports without Flagship lounges, this is how they have devised a way to provide access for business class passengers and provide them with a "better drinking experience" than those of us that pay for access (which can buy the "better drinking experience").

Its just a different way to address the market - so not so unbelieveable.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:17 am

Hi all,

I have a flight next Saturday (memorial day weekend) on Latam to Peru at 11:20 pm in J. If I want to spend about an hour at the AC lounge, what time should I leave Manhattan? I will probably be taking the train from Penn Station (where I plan on storing my luggage) and then transfer to the airtrain. I have never flown out of JFK before and could use some guidance. Thanks!
Old May 18, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi all,

I have a flight next Saturday (memorial day weekend) on Latam to Peru at 11:20 pm in J. If I want to spend about an hour at the AC lounge, what time should I leave Manhattan? I will probably be taking the train from Penn Station (where I plan on storing my luggage) and then transfer to the airtrain. I have never flown out of JFK before and could use some guidance. Thanks!
Working backwards here....

11.20pm departure
10.35pm boarding starts
9.30pm at Admirals Club

You've not said if you're checking bags or if the "luggage" is cabin baggage...T8 should be pretty quiet at that time, it's certainly not peak hour.

It's about 10mins from walking to AirTrain, purchasing ticket and the ride to the terminals on the AirTrain assuming you don't have to wait. Trains from Penn Station to Jamaica are very regular indeed, about every 10mins. It takes about 20-25mins depending upon whether or not you're on an Express.
http://lirr42.mta.info/schedules.php

So with no knowledge on my end about LATAM queue times or your luggage situation I'd say somewhere around 8.15pm leaving Manhattan.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser
Working backwards here....

11.20pm departure
10.35pm boarding starts
9.30pm at Admirals Club

You've not said if you're checking bags or if the "luggage" is cabin baggage...T8 should be pretty quiet at that time, it's certainly not peak hour.

It's about 10mins from walking to AirTrain, purchasing ticket and the ride to the terminals on the AirTrain assuming you don't have to wait. Trains from Penn Station to Jamaica are very regular indeed, about every 10mins. It takes about 20-25mins depending upon whether or not you're on an Express.
http://lirr42.mta.info/schedules.php

So with no knowledge on my end about LATAM queue times or your luggage situation I'd say somewhere around 8.15pm leaving Manhattan.
Thanks for the input! Is there an express line for business class passengers?
Old May 18, 2017, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
[QUOTE=Fraser;28329048]Working backwards here....

11.20pm departure
10.35pm boarding starts
9.30pm at Admirals Club

LOL, glad to see I'm not the only one that uses the working backwards thinking on my airport planning
Old May 19, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by petey2428
Thanks for the input! Is there an express line for business class passengers?
There is a Priority line, yes.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
The wife is flying JFK-LHR full fare J, bought yesterday, on AA tonight, and the lounge in T-8 gave her two alcoholic beverage tickets. Apparently there is a limit to how many drinks you can consume while you wait. She doesn't have the time to have more that one, or even the inclination, but if it were me, I'd be unhappy to be rationed for a paid Business class ticket.
Originally Posted by JDiver
I wish AA would clearly express that more can be requested to lounge staff. While half of the time I get no resistance when asking for more, I've certainly been politely-yet-firmly told "you can have one more, and that's it." I've also faced rudeness when asking for more: "how many do you think you should get...?" Pax shouldn't be made to feel greedy or unreasonable when asking for more drink chits.

It is also more difficult to get more than one at LUS clubs. It is almost 100% dependent on the generosity of the lounge rep. Of course, this is an improvement over not being able to get one at all if your int'l segment isn't departing from an LUS gateway.

Of course, if you're at DFW on a long layover, this problem can easily be solved by visiting every AC before your flight. That way, you can squeeze out a guaranteed four to eight chits before your flight.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:04 pm

Do citi prestige card holders have access to these lounges? i am flying jfk - sea on july 19th.

if so, is it the same perks as priorty pass where i can bring family with me?

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
What is the dining area to the right as you enter the new B concourse Admirals Club? I was in the remodeled club for the first time yesterday, and this area was roped off.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by deeruck
What is the dining area to the right as you enter the new B concourse Admirals Club? I was in the remodeled club for the first time yesterday, and this area was roped off.
Flagship Dining, only accessible to those in AA F on 3-cabin int'l or transon flights.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:40 pm

I went today to Flagship Dining - amazingly delicious - ranks up there if not better than CX HKG or QF SYD first class dining.

Watermelon salad with whipped feta, arancini with mozzarella cheese, salmon with risotto, apple tart with vanilla ice cream. Unique cocktail menu.

My advice - get there early enough to eat here and skip the plane!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:34 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chuck1
I went today to Flagship Dining - amazingly delicious - ranks up there if not better than CX HKG or QF SYD first class dining.

Watermelon salad with whipped feta, arancini with mozzarella cheese, salmon with risotto, apple tart with vanilla ice cream. Unique cocktail menu.

My advice - get there early enough to eat here and skip the plane!
I love cheese, French in particular--but none of the these...
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Food at the bridge today was meh at best. Overdone, burger (meat seemed low quality but I'm bot an expert) , salad drenched in dressing, flatbread cold. Service was good and it wasn't crowded. Buffet was a little better, but nothing to plan for. Glad I got a couple of slices at Joes on Carmine before I left for JFK.

Lots of beer choices though, and I liked the San Pelligtino and Aqua Panna .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.