Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Not sure if its just me but it seems all the tools under Cowtool are down. Did AC set up some security wall or something that prevents the tool from working recently?
Old May 27, 2023, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Not sure if its just me but it seems all the tools under Cowtool are down. Did AC set up some security wall or something that prevents the tool from working recently?
AFAIK everything other than reward search is working.
expert7700 likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
It is a minor issue that is easy to work around but the viewer sees my elite status and my wife’s elite status and both of our individual “black” cards but overlooks the core benefit of a 250 base mile minimum for many of of our YYJ - YVR and YVR - YYJ legs.

I did make a $50 donation recently as I use the tools quite frequently so I only feel slightly bad rather than completely horrible in mentioning this.
Old May 30, 2023, 11:07 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Aphrican
It is a minor issue that is easy to work around but the viewer sees my elite status and my wife’s elite status and both of our individual “black” cards but overlooks the core benefit of a 250 base mile minimum for many of of our YYJ - YVR and YVR - YYJ legs.

I did make a $50 donation recently as I use the tools quite frequently so I only feel slightly bad rather than completely horrible in mentioning this.
The 250-mile minimum is definitely factored in to the calculator, and works fine if I just plug it in to the calculator without the PNR tool. I don't have any itineraries with <250-mile legs on them at the moment, so I can't test a live PNR, but if you'd like to PM it to me, I can take a look. Or you can send it to the cow if you don't trust me.

But before that, are any of these itineraries on fares that earn <100% miles? Because the 250-mile minimum is subject to COS, so if you buy a Standard ticket on AC, you're going to get 50% x 250 miles = 125 miles for YYJ-YVR.
Old May 30, 2023, 11:13 am
Original Poster

So the way it works right now is that the SQM in the segment table will not take status into account (though I suppose if everyone on the PNR has status, maybe it could), but the total in the passenger table does (should? let me know if it doesn't...) take it into account. It's more obvious when one pax has status and another does not, because the totals in that line should be different.

But I'm certainly open to hearing alternatives.

It just gets challenging because there are three scenarios:
1. Everyone has status (probably easy to handle better)
2. No one has status (this should work fine)
3. Some people have status (what do I show in the segment table?)
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So the way it works right now is that the SQM in the segment table will not take status into account (though I suppose if everyone on the PNR has status, maybe it could), but the total in the passenger table does (should? let me know if it doesn't...) take it into account. It's more obvious when one pax has status and another does not, because the totals in that line should be different.

But I'm certainly open to hearing alternatives.

It just gets challenging because there are three scenarios:
1. Everyone has status (probably easy to handle better)
2. No one has status (this should work fine)
3. Some people have status (what do I show in the segment table?)
To both.

You are right.

The totals are right but the segments aren’t. I should have paid more attention to detail.

I use your tool to build a spreadsheet to verify my SQx as AP is quite often inaccurate.

The fare class for the impacted segments is “M”.

We both have the same status and will most of the time.

Now that I am aware of the idiosyncrasy, I am confident that my work around is fine and I don’t need to take up any more of your time.

Once again, thanks for the tools. They are very useful.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Now that I am aware of the idiosyncrasy, I am confident that my work around is fine and I don’t need to take up any more of your time.
It's not much time. I do want to make it more useful for people.

I think at the very least, I think it would be very reasonable to change the segment table to show the 250 minimum if everyone has status.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:17 pm

It's not much time. I do want to make it more useful for people.

I think at the very least, I think it would be very reasonable to change the segment table to show the 250 minimum if everyone has status.
That is very generous of you. Thanks.
Old May 31, 2023, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Okay that should be done. If all pax have AC status, the segment table should show a 250 minimum.

If any do not have AC status, it will not show the minimum, but each passenger with status will have the total that includes the minimum.
monkai and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 8:05 am

Okay that should be done. If all pax have AC status, the segment table should show a 250 minimum.

If any do not have AC status, it will not show the minimum, but each passenger with status will have the total that includes the minimum.
Flawless. Thank you very much.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 10:34 am

Wondering if this is a calculation bug or if I'll actually get the bonus miles.

I booked a UA codeshare on 014 ticketstock to get the SQx. Initially the outbound fare class was T, which earns 50% SQM and Points of flight distance. I then used a United upgrade to confirm in to first class on United (United calls it PZ class). Cowtool is now calculating points and SQM at the business class earnings and not the original booking class, which can still be seen in the first letter of the fare basis. Is this correct?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gigafishing

Wondering if this is a calculation bug or if I'll actually get the bonus miles.

I booked a UA codeshare on 014 ticketstock to get the SQx. Initially the outbound fare class was T, which earns 50% SQM and Points of flight distance. I then used a United upgrade to confirm in to first class on United (United calls it PZ class). Cowtool is now calculating points and SQM at the business class earnings and not the original booking class, which can still be seen in the first letter of the fare basis. Is this correct?
No, but there's no way for cowtool to know if you used Plus Points (no COS change), or bought an upgrade (usually a COS change).

United P class credits 150%. Amadeus only sees P.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 2:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
I just noticed a new section (at least one i hadn't seen before) in the output, titled "Associated References" -- i had a PNR which i split (originally all with Y seats on a particular segment, now one took the available J seats on that segment, while the other is still in Y seats for now until hopefully more J seats open up), and each of the PNRs has an entry with the other PNR in it.

does this serve any purpose (i.e. keeps the two PNRs "together"), or is it just a form of notes that are voluntarily/never looked at?

the other thing i noticed after splitting the PNR is that the J seats version is showing in the output's Saved Bookings section as 2 Bounds (XXX-NRT then NRT-ICN) while the Y seats version is showing a single bound (XXX-ICN) -- both are with a 6-days stopover at NRT in the middle and everything looks correct as far as i can tell...
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:19 am

A FlyDubai agreement was recently reached subject to regulatory approval.

Will a DXB - MCT leg on FZ on 014 stock show up on the PNR viewer once regulatory approval is granted for a trip booked the day after the announcement was made?

The SQx are small but I like to verify everything as AP’s posting is very mixed.

Last edited by YYJ _SLF; Jun 10, 2023 at 9:43 am
Old Jun 16, 2023, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

flyingcrooked I'm going to reply in this thread.

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
thanks. Do you mean the totals given on the Saved Bookings overview, which remain visible after both OB and IB are flown? Here are a couple of examples where that figure is wrong (flights were earlier this year):

EDI-YUL return, 014 ticket and mix of AC and *A metal, base plus carrier fees = $2135.80, SQD total is 1602.
CPH-YOW return, 014 ticket and mix of AC metal and *A metal, base plus carrier fees = $1,290.60, SQD total is 363.

If instead by 'the total' you mean not what's listed on that overview but the total given within the full pnr record of a pnr that is still active, even that seems off where a flight has been changed after the inbound has been flown (or I'm just being really stupid here and missing something). Example:

EDI-YOW, originally booked April for travel June 6 to Sept 27, air transportation charges = $1595.40. Prior to the outbound I was required to change the inbound because of a schedule change; I picked new return and received (June 1) a new "itinerary-receipt" showing $1188 ATC for the trip, roughly half for each Latitude fare and $0 for "carrier surcharges". Immediately after flying the outbound I received an additional "itinerary-receipt" showing $407.40 for carrier surcharges (so total of $1595.40, the original ATC). I then changed the IB from Sept 27 to Aug 27, requiring $212 of additional "air transportation charges", for a total of $1807.40 of ATC. For some reason the cowtool is showing me 1207 SQD for this EDI-YOW return trip (all segments on AC or LH metal and 014 ticket). I can't figure out where that number comes from.

I could certainly figure out where the number is coming from. It's possible I have more data. I know if you have two tickets on one PNR it only pulls one of them, and the data for this might be similar, with me just taking the ADCOL instead of the full amount. I'd need to play around with several examples in order to figure out if I can do better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.