Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023 | 12:55 pm
Original Poster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MNLIST
I originally booked one of the CGK - NA deep discount fare on Lufthansa last spring. There was a schedule change which allowed me to change for free into J, as there was no more P space. After the change, cowtool shows 33,011 in SQD (in Euro) for the transatlantic AC segment to FRA, but I got 91 SQD (in CAD) as expected.

I think cowtool has trouble tracking SQD on partner codeshare after a free change, since it's definitely not a currency issue. Was hoping AC system would have the same trouble tracking that too but alas.
That would have been interesting to look at before you flew and the PNR was still active

I find the SQD numbers are generally correct (though sometimes in another currency), but this would be a first for it being way off that I've seen (excluding the other case where it was two separate tickets on one PNR).

Edit: PNR was only half flown, so I looked at it (thanks). The data's garbage. 50k base fare, 100k YQ. Okay.

Last edited by canadiancow; Feb 27, 2023 at 1:23 pm
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 4:19 pm

Programs: AC E35 / Marriott Gold
Perfect timing on cowtool getting back up . I'm stuck with LH IROPS and have a partially UN PNR (reissued under LH ticket stock) that I can DM in case it helps troubleshoot the bug.

Also, the tool is showing that I will earn points on my rebooked award segments. I know it's YMMV on whether you earn points on an IROPS impacted trip, but there's still /AE2 at the end of my fare basis so I would've thought that would preclude me from earning AP points. Would be a welcome surprise if I'm wrong though.
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azhang24
Perfect timing on cowtool getting back up . I'm stuck with LH IROPS and have a partially UN PNR (reissued under LH ticket stock) that I can DM in case it helps troubleshoot the bug.

Also, the tool is showing that I will earn points on my rebooked award segments. I know it's YMMV on whether you earn points on an IROPS impacted trip, but there's still /AE2 at the end of my fare basis so I would've thought that would preclude me from earning AP points. Would be a welcome surprise if I'm wrong though.
I think you want to go into the AC site and acknowledge the changes. That should allow you to see the new origin and everything. That's breaking the cowtool and probably the app display.

Since the segments are not operated by AC, you might actually earn SQM.
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 4:53 pm

Programs: AC E35 / Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think you want to go into the AC site and acknowledge the changes. That should allow you to see the new origin and everything. That's breaking the cowtool and probably the app display.

Since the segments are not operated by AC, you might actually earn SQM.
Sadly, AC just says to call in. There's no way to acknowledge either on AC / LH's website, but anyways, LH has confirmed the ticket is fine, so fingers crossed.

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 5:42 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Thanks Cow for getting my favorite tool to work again. The last few days i was struggling to calculate SQDs on complicated code-shared routigs. Now we can all relax again
canadiancow and vancouver25k like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 6:00 pm
Original Poster

I mean all this does is feed the segment data and cost information into the open-source calculator

Yes, I agree it's way easier to just load the PNR here. But it shouldn't be toooo hard to figure it out if you just take a receipt and input a few values
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by azhang24
Sadly, AC just says to call in. There's no way to acknowledge either on AC / LH's website, but anyways, LH has confirmed the ticket is fine, so fingers crossed.
For awards, you always need to call in, no way to acknowledge on aircanada.com I believe.
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 7:36 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: SE 100K
Many thanks for getting this back online.

Didn't realize how much I used it (daily) or depended on it (for all my PNR's)... haha.

Quick question: can you remind me the different Coupon statuses? ie) "Open For Use" vs "Airport Control"?
Booked a (somewhat) complex AE reward ticket for Oct - Nov for my partner and I with priority rewards. Have ticket numbers and confirmations, and all "HK" in the status column.
Just want to ensure all is fine.
Old Feb 27, 2023 | 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Many thanks for getting this back online.

Didn't realize how much I used it (daily) or depended on it (for all my PNR's)... haha.

Quick question: can you remind me the different Coupon statuses? ie) "Open For Use" vs "Airport Control"?
Booked a (somewhat) complex AE reward ticket for Oct - Nov for my partner and I with priority rewards. Have ticket numbers and confirmations, and all "HK" in the status column.
Just want to ensure all is fine.
Some coupons go to airport control at time of ticketing. Some much closer to departure. It's all good.
CanadianMike likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023 | 12:41 pm

It's a fantastic tool which I can use to search for flights easily.
Old Feb 28, 2023 | 12:44 pm
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Clarkxy
It's a fantastic tool which I can use to search for flights easily.
First - welcome to FT!

Second - I think you may be referring the Award Space Searcher tool but, with so many CowTools, it can be hard to keep track!
Old Feb 28, 2023 | 9:10 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That would have been interesting to look at before you flew and the PNR was still active

I find the SQD numbers are generally correct (though sometimes in another currency), but this would be a first for it being way off that I've seen (excluding the other case where it was two separate tickets on one PNR).

Edit: PNR was only half flown, so I looked at it (thanks). The data's garbage. 50k base fare, 100k YQ. Okay.
Thanks getting this back online.

I have a datapoint where the SQD is off - it's a booking using a worldwide companion pass, and it's showing the companion's SQD amount correctly, but is also showing that same amount for the primary pax, rather than the full fare.
Old Feb 28, 2023 | 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by laner
Thanks getting this back online.

I have a datapoint where the SQD is off - it's a booking using a worldwide companion pass, and it's showing the companion's SQD amount correctly, but is also showing that same amount for the primary pax, rather than the full fare.
That's been in the wiki for a long time
I do have one of my own bookings, so I may get around to fixing that.
laner likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 7:53 am
10 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott
I have a booking with legs on SK and AC and have used the feature in the SK app to set a different FF number on each segment. I see in the cowtool that both FF numbers are associated with the booking but I'm wondering if you can see how they have setup the SSR. Ideally I'd like AC for FQTS and SK for FQTV on the two SK legs, but I'd settle for FQTV to be properly set to the operating carrier for each leg.

I've had issues with Concur setting 2 FF numbers before, with the segments being credited to the wrong airlines so I'm hoping that the SK app does a better job of it.
Old Mar 5, 2023 | 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
I have a booking with legs on SK and AC and have used the feature in the SK app to set a different FF number on each segment. I see in the cowtool that both FF numbers are associated with the booking but I'm wondering if you can see how they have setup the SSR. Ideally I'd like AC for FQTS and SK for FQTV on the two SK legs, but I'd settle for FQTV to be properly set to the operating carrier for each leg.

I've had issues with Concur setting 2 FF numbers before, with the segments being credited to the wrong airlines so I'm hoping that the SK app does a better job of it.
This is something that has been on my radar for a while (I usually credit UA to UA, and even on rewards, I want my AC on AC and UA on UA).

It's just something that impacts so few people.

But it's also something you can't really verify yourself anywhere prior to getting a BP printed by that airline.

If you come up with a proposal for how to display it (maybe just including segment numbers in a tooltip on the FQTV?), I'll see what I can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.